Other clubs' transfers

Dave

c) Yes, if a player is kept out of a team by James Milner I don't really rate him very highly.  :lol:

So, to summarise, you're writing off a young player, on the basis that he's being kept out of our team by another young player, who was also widely written off here, but has since gone on to be a full international and lauded by Fabio Capello.

There's the irony.

I also thought he did well for you for decent spells, too, but hey-ho, it doesn't really matter, I'm interested in what he does for us, and so far it must have been half decent for him to get a full call up.

Capello bums Heskey but you wont find many Villa fans who rate him highly.

True enough. I don't see what he does for us given the way we play, but I can see what he does for England.

The fact is that Milner is pretty much universally rated by Villa fans and by the England manager, hence my puzzlement at "hur hur, Albrighton can't be much cop if he's being kept out of the team by James Milner", which seems a twisted logic.

c) Yes, if a player is kept out of a team by James Milner I don't really rate him very highly.  :lol:

So, to summarise, you're writing off a young player, on the basis that he's being kept out of our team by another young player, who was also widely written off here, but has since gone on to be a full international and lauded by Fabio Capello.

There's the irony.

I also thought he did well for you for decent spells, too, but hey-ho, it doesn't really matter, I'm interested in what he does for us, and so far it must have been half decent for him to get a full call up.

Lauded by Capello?  :lol:  It means nothing, as I've said.  Capello isn't going to say 'Oh..yes..James Milner...pretty poor end product...not great technicially...' is he?

Plenty of crap players have played for England: Michael Gray, Ricketts etc. etc. it doesn't stop them being **** does it?  You said some player was going to be 'quality', if you mean quality as in Milner-quality (i.e. on the periphery of the England team and an average PL player who'll most likely never play CL football) , you may well be right

There's the irony.

Lauded by Capello?  :lol:  It means nothing, as I've said.  Capello isn't going to say 'Oh..yes..James Milner...pretty poor end product...not great technicially...' is he?

Plenty of crap players have played for England: Michael Gray, Ricketts etc. etc. it doesn't stop them being **** does it?  You said some player was going to be 'quality', if you mean quality as in Milner-quality (i.e. on the periphery of the England team and an average PL player who'll most likely never play CL football) , you may well be right

Wait a second; plenty of crap players play for England, fair enough....

But if they play CL football, woah, they must be good?

Am I missing something?

There's the irony.

Wait a second; plenty of crap players play for England, fair enough....

But if they play CL football, woah, they must be good?

Am I missing something?

I meant he'll never play for the top 4  Playing for Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea (soon Man City) generally means you're good, yeah.  There's less crap players for those teams in recent years than England, especially in attacking positions. Not that I even said that players who play in the CL are automatically good.  O0

He could of course go to Debrecen or something and get in the CL, but that's obviously not what I meant.

Milner is just one of a long list of players who weren't good enough for us. Thankfully we don't have to worry about the likes of him in the squad these days.

I agree he'd be a good player in the Championship.  :facepalm:

David Edgar was never good enough for us was he?  Look at him now, soaring in the PL while lowly old Newcastle playing the the fizzy pop league.

Milner is just one of a long list of players who weren't good enough for us. Thankfully we don't have to worry about the likes of him in the squad these days.

You're like an affected widow or something. :lol:

Yep milner and Edgar are exactly the same. Did you use that smiley in response to your own post? If not you should have.

You're the one posting stupid sarcastic posts.  Milner was never great for us, 99% of fans would say that.  Surprise, surprise though we could do with him in the Championship.

People's expectations change when a team is relegated, not exactly that hard to comprehend is it?

He was never as bad as people made out either. Oh well I suppose you are right and all these managers are wrong though. Lucky for milner these people can't see how shit he really is so he will be playing in Europe and for his country for the foreseeable.

He was never as bad as people made out either. Oh well I suppose you are right and all these managers are wrong though. Lucky for milner these people can't see how s*** he really is so he will be playing in Europe and for his country for the foreseeable.

He won't be playing in Europe for the foreseeable future actually

He was never as bad as people made out either. Oh well I suppose you are right and all these managers are wrong though. Lucky for milner these people can't see how s*** he really is so he will be playing in Europe and for his country for the foreseeable.

He won't be playing in Europe for the foreseeable future actually

Make no bones about it many of us  may not of fully appreciated Milner when he was with us but he is better than anything we have in midfield now by a good strech. How many seasons do you reckon it will take J.Barton & Jonas combined  to score more PL goals than Milner for Newcastle?

More chance than we will.

:lol:

This is the rubbish I was on about.  YES I REALISE MILNER IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP, doesn't make him a great player though does it?  People have used the same argument for loads of players. 

This is the rubbish I was on about.  YES I REALISE MILNER IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP, doesn't make him a great player though does it?  People have used the same argument for loads of players. 

doesn't make him a great player, a good premiership player though.

Yeah, and we sure could use him now!

Yeah, and we sure could use him now!

We can always use players like Milner  who are a lot better than what we have.