Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Hetinga a class act at cb? must be in a good run of form.

I know this has been discussed but i'm baffled as to why Mancini wants either Flamini or Gago when he already has soo many dm's. Makes no sense.

He is. He was also developing a good partnership with Neill, hence the baffling move to get rid of him.

Hetinga a class act at cb? must be in a good run of form.

I know this has been discussed but i'm baffled as to why Mancini wants either Flamini or Gago when he already has soo many dm's. Makes no sense.

Probably the fact that Gareth Barry doesn't really do anything.

Newcastle star Alan Smith at centre of transfer battle - with Blackburn ...

mirrorfootball.co.uk - Brian McNally - ‎31 minutes ago‎

Allardyce is a big admirer of the Leeds-born star and paid Manchester United £6million to take him to Newcastle in 2007. Smith has been a revelation for ...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-star-Alan-Smith-at-centre-of-transfer-battle-with-Blackburn-considering-swap-deal-for-Keith-Andrews-article298815.html

Newcastle star Alan Smith at centre of transfer battle - with Blackburn ...

mirrorfootball.co.uk - Brian McNally - ‎31 minutes ago‎

Allardyce is a big admirer of the Leeds-born star and paid Manchester United £6million to take him to Newcastle in 2007. Smith has been a revelation for ...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-star-Alan-Smith-at-centre-of-transfer-battle-with-Blackburn-considering-swap-deal-for-Keith-Andrews-article298815.html

i quite like keith andrews when ive seen him for roi but :lol: at the mirror, there is no way in hell that blackburn could pay smith wages

As if anyone is interested in Smith at 60k a week. More chance of shifting Nicky Butt tbh.

Don't forget we are talking about the bloke that forked out 6m in the first place for him :lol:

As if anyone is interested in Smith at 60k a week. More chance of shifting Nicky Butt tbh.

Don't forget we are talking about the bloke that forked out 6m in the first place for him :lol:

yes but his current chairman is even tighter with the purse than ashley plus the purse is tiny

Who would we replace Smith with - with only one week left in the transfer window.  I think he does a decent job in front of the defence and I realise that he has a lot of shortcomings but I think he is very important (along with Nolan) in the dressing room and getting rid at this stage could have a major impact on the rest of the season. 

Blackburn fans despise Keith Andrews and are desperate for him to leave.  I would rather have Smith.

Smith leaving increases the chances of butt playing a lot more games. More than it does Guthrie playing in the centre imo and Guthrie is our best right winger.

10 games in the centre and people would start tearing into Guthrie as well, his lack of fitness/pace makes him liable to go missing as much as anyone and being in the centre gives him less time to do what he has done best this season (whip in quality balls). He wont be the saviour he is being built up as by a few.

Just my opinion though (I fully appreciate it won't be a popular one).

Smith leaving increases the chances of butt playing a lot more games. More than it does Guthrie playing in the centre imo and Guthrie is our best right winger.

10 games in the centre and people would start tearing into Guthrie as well, his lack of fitness/pace makes him liable to go missing as much as anyone and being in the centre gives him less time to do what he has done best this season (whip in quality balls). He wont be the saviour he is being built up as by a few.

From playing as a RM hes notched 9 assists or so this season, his crosses are mint.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Based on what I've seen of Smith lately I think I'd even rather see Butt in the starting line up.

Guest Howaythetoon

Smith doesn't do an awful lot other than harassing the opposition. His passing is hit and miss, his running lacks a cutting edge, his shooting :lol:, he's just a scrapper really. If we had the opportunity to sell him we should take it. The thought of him in our midfield next season should we get promoted frightens me.