Other clubs' transfers

Dave

There's a massive chance that Butt won't make it to next season (Old age, contract running out etc.).

If Smith is here, he'll definitely be in the team/squad if we get promoted. If we have the chance to get rid, I say we get rid.

I can't believe some people want to sell Smith. The position he plays and the way he plays it have been one of the key reasons we have conceeded so few goals this season. With Taylor now out fo a long period it's going to be even more vital having Smith there to protect the back 4.

Always liked Senderos, think he's better than he's credited for.

Also, Moyes might want to ship Heitinga to the RB at some point? I think you could use him there instead of Hibbert. Or are you playing Neville there again? (I know he came back recently)

Neville is playing RB, he's a decent full back and will probably keep his place there since Fellaini is undoubtedly the #1 defensive midfield choice now.

Heitinga is crap anywhere but centre half as well imo.

Seeing Distin play yesterday made me realise that signing Senderos is worth it, even if he only plays short term to get that useless wanker out of the side til Jags is back.  :angry:

Guest firetotheworks

I know this has been discussed but i'm baffled as to why Mancini wants either Flamini or Gago when he already has soo many dm's. Makes no sense.

Im not going to kick off that whole debate again, but maybe Mancini doesn't see Gareth Barry as a DM?

Smith leaving increases the chances of butt playing a lot more games. More than it does Guthrie playing in the centre imo and Guthrie is our best right winger.

10 games in the centre and people would start tearing into Guthrie as well, his lack of fitness/pace makes him liable to go missing as much as anyone and being in the centre gives him less time to do what he has done best this season (whip in quality balls). He wont be the saviour he is being built up as by a few.

Just my opinion though (I fully appreciate it won't be a popular one).

Based on what I've seen of Smith lately I think I'd even rather see Butt in the starting line up.

:facepalm:  mental.

Smith leaving increases the chances of butt playing a lot more games. More than it does Guthrie playing in the centre imo and Guthrie is our best right winger.

10 games in the centre and people would start tearing into Guthrie as well, his lack of fitness/pace makes him liable to go missing as much as anyone and being in the centre gives him less time to do what he has done best this season (whip in quality balls). He wont be the saviour he is being built up as by a few.

Based on what I've seen of Smith lately I think I'd even rather see Butt in the starting line up.

Why is it?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If you actually read it- Based upon what I've seen lately-

Reading FC sign Blackburn's Zurab Khizanishvili on loan

Wokingham Times - Matthew Sadler - ‎6 minutes ago‎

... side Blackburn Rovers and spent the first three months of this campaign on loan at Championship leaders Newcastle United, making seven appearances. ...

Are Santos really going to get Robinho on loan? Mental  :kasper:

Fail to see in a million years how they'll be able to afford his wages. Santos aren't even particularly good in the grand schemes of the Brazillian championship. Supposed to be a dump of a place n all & that was people of Sao Paulo telling me that and Sao Paulo is fucking horrible.

Are Santos really going to get Robinho on loan? Mental  :kasper:

Fail to see in a million years how they'll be able to afford his wages.

City will pay part (probably a large chunk) of his wages and Santos the rest.

But why? I don't see how that move benifits the Mancs at all. ???

Makes absolutely no sense though, I know that they don't particularly care about money but they could easily flog him to a first tier European side and not lose that much money on the process.

is there anyone who wants him though? real won't italian sides can't afford him and neither can german ones none of the english sides will go for him and barca the only real intrest we've heard of in europe apparently the players there don't want him as he might disrupt the dressing room

Makes absolutely no sense though, I know that they don't particularly care about money but they could easily flog him to a first tier European side and not lose that much money on the process.

is there anyone who wants him though? real won't italian sides can't afford him and neither can german ones none of the english sides will go for him and barca the only real intrest we've heard of in europe apparently the players there don't want him as he might disrupt the dressing room

Just what kind of wages is he really on?

Also, Fernando Gago's agent met with Real Madrid officials yesterday. Marca understands City is offering €15m for him, while Real is reluctant to sell at this point.

Most Real supporting friends I have (yes I do have them!) would bite their hands off. He's s*** and I reckon he would be way worse in the pacier EPL.

Also, Fernando Gago's agent met with Real Madrid officials yesterday. Marca understands City is offering 15m for him, while Real is reluctant to sell at this point.

Most Real supporting friends I have (yes I do have them!) would bite their hands off. He's s*** and I reckon he would be way worse in the pacier EPL.

Supposed to be on £100k a week. I agree I don't think Gago will be able to cope with the pace of the Prem. Would be a decent player in Italy i reckon, Milan maybe although i think they are bit strapped for cash these days.

Also, Fernando Gago's agent met with Real Madrid officials yesterday. Marca understands City is offering €15m for him, while Real is reluctant to sell at this point.

160k a week apparently

160k a week apparently

One question, when you quote wage figures, are those always net or gross wages? In Spain the numbers quoted are always net.

If that's a net figure, that's the kind of money we pay to Xavi and Iniesta (who are the second tier in our wage scale).