Other clubs' transfers

Dave

For all his qualities, Higuaín is a headless chicken with the ball at his feet. He just runs forward and looks to shoot, he needs more intelligence to his game.

But it is still pretty idiotic that Marca has started a campaign to get him sold.

What are Higuain's qualities then to make him such a successful striker ?

Great speed, particularly with the ball at his feet. Good shooting with both feet (but not the greatest finisher, despite his numbers). Runs at defences without fear and gets stuck in, never disappears from a game. His problem is that he lacks intelligence and sometimes he could lay off the ball instead of running through blind alleys. But he is young and that's the kind of thing that experience does improve.

Guest kingdawson

It looks like we've got the highly rated Brazilian Sandro signed for next season.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has agreed a £6million deal for Brazilian wonderkid Sandro.

Sandro profile: 10 things you need to know about the Tottenham transfer target, plus video of him in action 

Levy has met with Sandro’s club Internacionale, agent Luiz Paulo Chignall and the deal is expected to be completed by the end of the week.

Internacionale president Vittorio Piffero said: “The negotiations with Tottenham have been going on since last summer, but now we are in the key moment.

“The deal is agreed and we will sign this week. I don’t expect that to change because the agreement has been made between all parties.”

Sandro, 21, has agreed a four-year deal and will arrive this summer. He has already started English lessons so he hits the ground running at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone, currently out injured after damaging ankle ligaments, has signed a new contract with the club until 2015.

It looks like we've got the highly rated Brazilian Sandro signed for next season.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has agreed a £6million deal for Brazilian wonderkid Sandro.

Sandro profile: 10 things you need to know about the Tottenham transfer target, plus video of him in action 

Levy has met with Sandro’s club Internacionale, agent Luiz Paulo Chignall and the deal is expected to be completed by the end of the week.

Internacionale president Vittorio Piffero said: “The negotiations with Tottenham have been going on since last summer, but now we are in the key moment.

“The deal is agreed and we will sign this week. I don’t expect that to change because the agreement has been made between all parties.”

Sandro, 21, has agreed a four-year deal and will arrive this summer. He has already started English lessons so he hits the ground running at White Hart Lane.

Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone, currently out injured after damaging ankle ligaments, has signed a new contract with the club until 2015.

From what I've heard he's very much in the Palacios mould. If so, how is he gonna fit into your midfield?

Then again, squad depth is no harm.

Bristol City sign Meirhoffer on loan from Wolves.  Wish we had Williamson for Saturday.

He's the shortest tall player I have ever seen, if you get what I mean.

Bet he's got the thinnest thick neck too

Bristol City sign Meirhoffer on loan from Wolves.  Wish we had Williamson for Saturday.

Bet he's got the thinnest thick neck too

His neck is freaky.

And what I mean is that he's pretty awful at attacking the ball in the box, which means that despite his height, he is not that very strong in the air.

http://beefbagel.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/maierhofer.jpg

Peter Crouch. Gets lower when he jumps most of the time.

Guest kingdawson

From what I've heard he's very much in the Palacios mould. If so, how is he gonna fit into your midfield?

Then again, squad depth is no harm.

Haven't seen him play but heard very promising things about him. The fact that he's in the Palacios mould is excellent for us tbh. Bar Palacios we have no other tough tackling midfielder. I also heard he's a very good passer of the ball so it will be him vs Huddlestone to partner Wilson i think.

Hi guys.

Guest kingdawson

Where's the article taken from KD mate?

That was from The Mirror. Here's a bit more (from another day)...

"Brazilian whizzkid Sandro Ranieri is preparing himself for his £6milion summer move to Tottenham - by learning English.

Sandro, who turns 21 next Monday, was pictured in a Brazilian newspaper reading an English dictionary while on a club flight with Internacionale to Ecuador for a Copa Libertadores game.

Internacionale have already held talks with Tottenham and the clubs have agreed a deal for this summer and Sandro says he is determined not to let the language barrier get in the way of being a success at White Hart Lane.

Sandro said: “I need to be prepared for my new challenge in Europe and it’s always better to know the language and understand the orders properly.

“I’ve been learning for a month and by the summer I hope that I will be well advanced with the language.

“To play in Europe and in the Premier League, you want to be as successful as possible and I want to give myself the best chance.”

Hi guys.

When you've grown up watching Shola Ameobi what more could we expect?

Guest Stephen927
Internacional are set to finalise a deal with Tottenham for Sandro, the Brazilian club have confirmed.

The 21-year-old has been a long-term target for Harry Redknapp, who has been chasing him for more than 12 months.

Now, after failing to conclude a deal for him last summer and this January, the two clubs finally look set to strike a deal.

"It has been possible since last year and now we are set to realise it," Inter president Vitorio Piffero confirmed to Radio Guaiba.

"We are concluding the contracts now, but nothing is signed yet and we have to wait."

Sandro is now expected to move to White Hart Lane, but he will only finalise a deal once Inter's participation in the Copa Libertadores is over.

Spurs also look like they will have to appeal to win a work permit for the player, who has one senior Brazil cap to his name.

"Brazilian whizzkid Sandro Ranieri is preparing himself for his £6milion summer move to Tottenham - by learning English.

Sandro, who turns 21 next Monday, was pictured in a Brazilian newspaper reading an English dictionary while on a club flight with Internacionale to Ecuador for a Copa Libertadores game.

Internacionale have already held talks with Tottenham and the clubs have agreed a deal for this summer and Sandro says he is determined not to let the language barrier get in the way of being a success at White Hart Lane.

Sandro said: “I need to be prepared for my new challenge in Europe and it’s always better to know the language and understand the orders properly.

“I’ve been learning for a month and by the summer I hope that I will be well advanced with the language.

“To play in Europe and in the Premier League, you want to be as successful as possible and I want to give myself the best chance.”

His English seems pretty good to me...

Babayaro having a trail with the Smoggies.

Watch him do a Carr and do brilliant. :lol:

Not a chance. Babayaro wasn't even good enough for the Galaxy 2 years ago when their defense was terrible and his best mate Ruud Gullit was the manager.

He's finished.

I am waiting for 'Boro to hoy him out and further humiliate him.

Totally unrelated to transfers, but I'm very happy for Pavluchenko and Gomes at Spurs. Last year they had trouble adjusting and the rabid English media had decided that they were failures and all of the supporters were on their backs. A year on and both a doing well and are intergral parts of a side challenging for the Champions League. People should learn to be patient sometimes.