Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Good to see Man City being as classy as ever already this transfer window.

20m? That's a joke. We paid 12 for him two years ago, and he's improved by far more than 8m pounds worth.

If they want him, they'll get him. Unfortunately.

I know.

Which is why football is so massively f***ed. You try to build something, then some vile, lottery winning, arriviste blaggards come and f*** everything up by preying on human greed.

Imagine how we felt when we had a great manager had us playing the best football we've played in years.

All of a sudden some jumped up club with a foreign billionaire owner paid over the odds for one of our best young players, he was sold behind his back and this was a cornerstone to the manager leaving and the club imploding.

f***ing annoying when lottery winning clubs f*** you over by being so rich...

This is why i like you. The way you make your points is exactly the same style i use to make my points.

Good to see Man City being as classy as ever already this transfer window.

20m? That's a joke. We paid 12 for him two years ago, and he's improved by far more than 8m pounds worth.

If they want him, they'll get him. Unfortunately.

I know.

Which is why football is so massively fucked. You try to build something, then some vile, lottery winning, arriviste blaggards come and fuck everything up by preying on human greed.

Imagine how we felt when we had a great manager had us playing the best football we've played in years.

All of a sudden some jumped up club with a foreign billionaire owner paid over the odds for one of our best young players, he was sold behind his back and this was a cornerstone to the manager leaving and the club imploding.

Fucking annoying when lottery winning clubs fuck you over by being so rich...

:laugh:

Villa should definitely reject that. a) its Man City b) its a first offer and c) he's worth more than that.

......and theres always d) IF we have a sell-on, more money would be nice  :snod:

3 years ago (in a stronger market) Florent Malouda was signed by Chelsea for £13m. Milner is about half the player.

Villa should definitely reject that. a) its Man City b) its a first offer and c) he's worth more than that.

......and theres always d) IF we have a sell-on, more money would be nice  :snod:

3 years ago (in a stronger market) Florent Malouda was signed by Chelsea for £13m. Milner is about half the player.

and totally different players with different attributes.

£20 million was a fair price a year ago, but Real Madrid and Man City have moved the goalposts severely. Villa going to Barcelona for £30m+ (aged 28) would've been expensive 2 years ago but today it really isnt.

Less than 3 years ago people were more than happy for us to accept £4m for milner, comments like "I would drive him there myself".

Despite Ashley being a moron he still understands player values a lot better than some. Milner is young, English and coming off and excellent season, they signed him for £12m and he has looked much better since so £20m is probably about right.

It's a question of how much someone is willing to pay and how much Villa would accept to sell him. If that's £20m then I suppose he is worth £20m.

2nd most assists in the league speaks volumes.

From which ice cream van in the sky did you get that information?

He was at one point, he's 4th now. Behind Cesc, Lampard, and Drogba. Not bad company.

2nd most assists in the league speaks volumes.

From which ice cream van in the sky did you get that information?

He was at one point, he's 4th now. Behind Cesc, Lampard, and Drogba. Not bad company.

Lampard, Cesc, Drogba. :thup:

Don't really why people think Villa would accept a figure of around £20 million for Milner.  They bought him for 12-13 million - so it isn't as if the figure being bandied around represents anywhere near a large enough profit for a player who adds so much to their team.

Don't really why people think Villa would accept a figure of around £20 million for Milner.  They bought him for 12-13 million - so it isn't as if the figure being bandied around represents anywhere near a large enough profit for a player who adds so much to their team.

Guest Stephen927

Hopefully Milner and Villa both tell City where to go. Milner has improved so much this season, it's vital for his career he doesn't jeopardise that, a lot of it is down to O'Neil.