Other clubs' transfers

Dave

No. He still has his knack for getting in goalscoring positions and feeding off scraps, but his legs are gone and can't keep that intensity during a whole match. And due to his kind of game he isn't much of an impact sub. He's 33...

To his credit though, he looked finished 4-5 years ago and still produced a couple great seasons.

What chance does McClaren and Wolfsburg stand, david?

He seems to do well in the transfer market, money is available.

Will also depend on Dzeko (will he stay or go?)

But I don't think they'll win the Bundesliga in McClaren's first year - more like competing for the CL spots.

Will be hard, though, as Leverkusen, Hamburg and Dortmund will all be looking for European football as well.

A lot has got to ride on whether they keep Dzeko though. Potentially have solved their defensive flaws in Friedrich and Kjaer though.

But I don't think they'll win the Bundesliga in McClaren's first year - more like competing for the CL spots.

Will be hard, though, as Leverkusen, Hamburg and Dortmund will all be looking for European football as well.

I thought Kjaer was a real coup for them, Friedrich, Cicero and Madzukic all very solid signings.

I've noticed he does seem astute in the transfer market, and I wonder if it's having a good entourage around him to do scouting and stuff or whether he is actually making these signings of his own accord. His signings for Twente were all very successful aswell.

Anyway I hope he does well, any English success abroad is good.

I thought Kjaer was a real coup for them, Friedrich, Cicero and Madzukic all very solid signings.

I've noticed he does seem astute in the transfer market, and I wonder if it's having a good entourage around him to do scouting and stuff or whether he is actually making these signings of his own accord. His signings for Twente were all very successful aswell.

Anyway I hope he does well, any English success abroad is good.

Don't know that tbh.

But I could imagine that he works together with manager Dieter Hoeneß (brother or former Bayern manager Uli) to identify and sign the right players. Don't think he does it all on his own as in the Friedrich transfer it seemed like Hoeneß was pulling the strings.

Torres and Huntelaar would actually be a good partnership.

:sadnod:

If they all stay fit and in form next season , Liverpool will be class.

I hate how Hodgson is completely revitalising them, Torres as a complete forward and Huntelaar as a poacher could be devastating.

Guest firetotheworks

NUFC could do a lot worse than get Bramble again for 1m tbh.

:lol:

I agree with you in a way. But I love that the person that's said it is called Lucifer.  :lol:

Torres and Huntelaar would actually be a good partnership.

:sadnod:

If they all stay fit and in form next season , Liverpool will be class.

key word, torres is a crock these days and coles injury record isn't fantastic reading