Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Villareal have offered De Guzman a contract. He's said he'd prefer a move to England, get your finger out Mike.

He would move to Newcastle. He's said as much on his Facebook.

We'll let this one flutter by. Talented player borderline begging for a chance to play for us and we'll let it go.

Would be a coup, provided he is over his injury problems. Wont ever happen!

according to Dutch media , his move to Mallroca apparently has fell through due to them going into administration the other day.

There's a good chance that the money will become very relevant in a negative way for Man City. If they're prepared to pay 30 million for Milner, they're strengthening Aston Villa, more than they are themselves. If they do that with other teams then the gap between Man City and the others will be a lot smaller than some think imo.

Very good point.

True, although that relies on the other teams using the money wisely.

For £30m you could buy at least 3 players all as good as Milner.

Guest Roger Kint

If its £25m+ I would be tempted with Ireland & Onouha or Weiss plus about £10m to £12m cash. Gives them good chance of buying a top striker out of the deal too.

Still think thats a weird move for Raul. Spend your entire career with possibly the most famous club in the world and then end with a couple of seasons in...Germany.

Thought he'd just retire as a 1 club man.

Playing for Schalke isn't that bad actually. He might win the Bundesliga with them next season.

I'd be utterly flabbergasted if Bayern didn't retain their title. Kroos & Braafheid to come back in and they're bound to buy some others.

Raul is going to get some more CL football under his belt though.

Braafheid :lol:

The Celtic flop? Really?

Never saw him playing for Celtic but chances are he is going to be Hollands LB for the forseeable future so he must have something.

Still think thats a weird move for Raul. Spend your entire career with possibly the most famous club in the world and then end with a couple of seasons in...Germany.

Playing for Schalke isn't that bad actually. He might win the Bundesliga with them next season.

I'd be utterly flabbergasted if Bayern didn't retain their title. Kroos & Braafheid to come back in and they're bound to buy some others.

The Celtic flop? Really?

Never saw him playing for Celtic but chances are he is going to be Hollands LB for the forseeable future so he must have something.

He's a joke man.

will never happen  .....they always fail at the last hurdle :(

There's a good chance that the money will become very relevant in a negative way for Man City. If they're prepared to pay 30 million for Milner, they're strengthening Aston Villa, more than they are themselves. If they do that with other teams then the gap between Man City and the others will be a lot smaller than some think imo.

Very good point.

True, although that relies on the other teams using the money wisely.

For £30m you could buy at least 3 players all as good as Milner.

Reminds me of:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/columnists/2010/3/23/1269356616705/Joleon-Lescott-injured-hi-002.jpg

=

http://www.skysports.com/Images/222494.jpg

+

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00488/distin_280x390_488144a.jpg

+

http://centerholdsit.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/4899914.jpg

+

http://www.freegiftgenie.co.uk/images/cash_682_451380a.jpg

:aww:

Guest Heneage

The Celtic flop? Really?

He has no real competition for LB. Drenthe is AWOL and Emanuelson is average.

The Celtic flop? Really?

Yeah, what the hell happened to Drenthe?? Really thought he was going to be awesome. Does he get a game for real?

Guest Heneage

The Celtic flop? Really?

Yeah, what the hell happened to Drenthe?? Really thought he was going to be awesome. Does he get a game for real?

Sadly no. I think his rise was just too quick, he had the talent for first team football, but not quite the mental strength to play on such a high level. The temperamental nature of Madrid fans didn't help, he wasn't really allowed to settle correctly imo. From that he slipped further, played poorly bar the odd spark, culminating in a bad miss in the Barca derby at the Nou Camp. I think him asking not to be selected was the final straw, and I could see him leaving this summer.

We are reportedly talking to Fulham and Brum regarding a Hleb transfer. Rumoured fee is €5m.

I hope he comes back to this league, my moneys on a southern club tbh.

John Cross confirms Blackpool one of 3 interested clubs for Simpson, good move for him.

Guest Heneage

Hamburg are getting Gojko Kacar for £4.5m  :weep:  :sadnod:

I could of swore I read their manager saying it would take a 'fantastic' offer...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=809801&sec=transfers&cc=5739

Stoke preparing a £14 Million bid for Carlton Cole  :facepalm:

One good season mainly because of Zola, and now hes worth 14 mill, christ. If they are willing to spend that much, they should go for Zamora, who is exactly the same as Cole, had one good season but at least his season was better than Cole's.