Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest palnese

Nicky Butt have signed for some Hong Kong side.

Fuck me. 150k a week?

Sky Sports says it's 200k a week... :harry:

What a disgusting world we live in.

Aye prerequisite for playing in England.

Must have sufficient teeth and balls.

:lol:

Typical English football mentality. I'd much rather prefer players with a decent touch and technique, who can spot a pass and score goals. I'm sure the likes of Fabregas and Nasri were signed for their teeth and balls play. Goodness me ...

Of course. But Emre was a pussy. He wasn't aggressive or good enough at tackling to play in the team we had at the time.

Nicky Butt have signed for some Hong Kong side.

f*** me. 150k a week?

£150k per overhead kick

Do they have to go in or does he just have to connect with the ball? Either way, I'd take him back on that.

Captained Turkey, but not agressive not enough to engage in midfield battles with the likes of Danny Murphy and Steve Sidwell.

Honestly, stop peddling this rubbish.

Yes oh mighty one, we shall all adhere to your opinions.

I don't get where this 'Emre was a pussy' thing is coming from. Is it because he was supposed to be a deep-lying playmaker, and sometimes the game passed him by? I don't recall him regularly shirking challenges, hiding purposely or anything. As far as I remember he was one of the most up for it players out there on various occasions I saw him.

His only problem in my eyes was he didn't suit the mould of the team (him and Parker as a centre paring, christ), and his amazingly shite injury record.

Guest Stephen927

I know some of these foreign teams in poor leagues think overpaying famous footballers will get people to support their team with merchandise etc, but is Nicky Butt really that big of a draw? :lol:

There must be hundreds of old players (even some younger ones) with crowd pulling names who would move for that money and they chose bloody Nicky Butt?

Madness.

fwiw, Emre is in a long line of players who weren't good enough, often enough. (Martins, Viduka, Emre, Dyer, etc etc etc). I really did rate him, but it's true.

Yep, agreed. He was good enough, but not good enough often enough, which is a silly way of saying that he was pretty inconsistent. That probably had a lot to do with who we paired him with in CM and the strikers that we had available (pretty much only Shearer at that point), so it's not completely his fault that he failed in his time here.

I wouldn't take him back, but I would definitely take a player like him because he'd be great with Tiote in the middle of the park; one guy constantly winning the ball back, the other guy with such sweet technique.