Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

£45m for Bale  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fcuks sake

Do you still have nightmares about the 2 games where he ripped your team a new arsehole btw?

£45m for Bale  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fcuks sake

Do you still have nightmares about the 2 games where he ripped your team a new arsehole btw?

If the amount of extremely good games Bale has had gives you a price of m45£ then should get m100£ for Carroll who has been far more consistent then Bale this year and has played for a far more superior national team.

Dr. Evil ransom money that ffs

Money paid isn't solely based on the ability of a player though. Selling Bale now would say a lot for Spurs' ambition. You could argue that 45M would buy a couple of great players, but the wages would be greater and would they want to come? You take Carroll as an example because you think he's been more consistent (really?) and played for a superior national team (Giggs? Best?) while ignoring the one reason that he would be worth a nuts amount of money - his specific worth to Newcastle. Selling Carroll would have a greater impact on Newcastle, not because he's better than Bale but because he looks like being the real deal, and most of those around him aren't. He's a young local boy who's good enough to build a team around for the next several years.

In business you would call it the 'opportunity cost' I suppose... what to you give up by following a specific course of action?

For us, selling Carroll would be giving up a lot, possibly the opportunity ever to be a decent side in the foreseeable future. The players we might or might not sign with the money is too hard to predict or quantify.

In business you would call it the 'opportunity cost' I suppose... what to you give up by following a specific course of action?

For us, selling Carroll would be giving up a lot, possibly the opportunity ever to be a decent side in the foreseeable future. The players we might or might not sign with the money is too hard to predict or quantify.

Absolutely. You can build a team around him. There really aren't that many players you can say that about, and certainly not many "homegrown" players.

The general opinion at the time we sold Berbatov was that Levy had done really well in getting 30M. Likewise Keane for 20M (which really was nuts). The problem was, that crippled our forward line and although we got Modric in, the rest of the money went on people like Pav. Of course, Berbs wanted to go, but if (for argument's sake) he'd stayed and the Keane money had got Modric, what a team we'd be.

Atlético signed Elías from Corinthians for €7m. I admit to not knowing anything of him.

Decent player. The one time I've seen him for a full game was the stand out player by a long way. Good Alround midfielder with an eye for goal.

Atlético signed Elías from Corinthians for 7m. I admit to not knowing anything of him.

Decent player. The one time I've seen him for a full game was the stand out player by a long way. Good Alround midfielder with an eye for goal.

Atlético signed Elías from Corinthians for 7m. I admit to not knowing anything of him.

Sounds like Danny Guthrie.

Sounds like Danny Guthrie.

Nothing like Guthrie at all. 7 million is a steal for a player of Elias calibre. A player who will score many goals but at the same time work hard for the team.

Has been getting in the Brazilian national squad for the last couple of matches and was one of Corinthians if not the best player of the season for them.

Very good capture for them.

Bolton and West Ham linked with Canales in a loan deal.

Going to the Premier League would be a worse mistake than going to Real Madrid in the first place. He's very talented but too soft.

Should've stayed at Santander for another couple of seasons.

Bolton and West Ham linked with Canales in a loan deal.

Going to the Premier League would be a worse mistake than going to Real Madrid in the first place. He's very talented but too soft.

Should've stayed at Santander for another couple of seasons.

Yes, he would have been the first name in the team sheet there and would have developed further and gained experience in a competitive environment (Racing are relegation battlers so he would have learnt to deal with pressure too). There was talk of leaving him one season on loan at Racing but dunno why they rushed his move.

Absolutely. You can build a team around him. There really aren't that many players you can say that about, and certainly not many "homegrown" players.

The general opinion at the time we sold Berbatov was that Levy had done really well in getting 30M. Likewise Keane for 20M (which really was nuts). The problem was, that crippled our forward line and although we got Modric in, the rest of the money went on people like Pav. Of course, Berbs wanted to go, but if (for argument's sake) he'd stayed and the Keane money had got Modric, what a team we'd be.

You're not doing too badly right now ???

You're not doing too badly right now ???

Defoe and Crouch are hardly poor strikers.