Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Whats the point though, no Argentine club are going to bid for him. They'd be unable to afford a month of his wages nevermind the transfer fee.

Surely he'd take a massive wage cut to be back home?

He'd have to pay the transfer fee himself though if he could indeed afford it.

Guest kingdawson

Mourinho was almost screaming for Real Madrid to sign another striker yesterday. Wonder if Tévez might be tempted to try it in Spain, since he doesn't even speak English to begin with. (I hope not!)

That's where i think he'll end up. Was probably sounded out by Madrid and made up some utter bollocks about him being homesick.

Very good statement that from City. Make Tevez out to look a bit of a bellend really.

"Indeed following his suspension as a result of the game against Bolton, Carlos requested, and was given, special dispensation by the Manager to take leave overseas.

"The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos' stated position in both public and club contexts.

"Significantly, over recent months, the club has also received numerous requests from Carlos' representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year.

"However, in line with the club's policy of not negotiating playing contracts mid-season this has not been granted. Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City Football Club.

Manchester United are planning a £20m transfer window bid for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young.

Full story: Sunday People

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has been given the go-ahead to bid for France playmaker Yoann Gourcuff - less than four months after he joined Lyon for £20m.

Wolves are favourites to land Michael Johnson on loan as the Manchester City midfielder looks to rescue his career after 12 months out with a cruciate ligament injury.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Former Celtic winger Aiden McGeady's short spell at Spartak Moscow looks set to be over with the Republic of Ireland international being lined up for a shock move to Aston Villa as Gerard Houllier's first January signing.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

German giants Bayern Munich want to take Everton left-back Leighton Baines in the January transfer window. Full story: Sunday People

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce is set to make a record-breaking £7m move for Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia.

Spurs and Chelsea have joined the race for Manchester City and England defender Joleon Lescott.

German midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has delivered a crushing blow to Chelsea and Manchester United by pledging his future to Bayern Munich and signing a new contract.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

Wonder if BSA is looking to bring in CNZ as a left wing back.

Stephen Warnock, Ireland, Carew and Friedel all out the door at Villa, in descending order of urgency, apparently.

Warnock has deteriorated shockingly in 18 months. Ireland is a headcase. Carew can't be fucked any more. Friedel is on a downward slope, but would still keep him.

Stephen Warnock, Ireland, Carew and Friedel all out the door at Villa, in descending order of urgency, apparently.

Warnock has deteriorated shockingly in 18 months. Ireland is a headcase. Carew can't be fucked any more. Friedel is on a downward slope, but would still keep him.

you'd get takers for warnock and probably carew, friedel i'm iffy about you getting takers for but ireland would be on big enough wages at your place i'd think (he was at city and hard to see him taking a wage cut) and with his general lunacy and price tag its very hard to see a buyer

Carew will probably do alright wherever he goes for a bit, basically, until he realises he's fucked all the really fuckable women in whichever city it is, then he'll lose interest.

Ireland is really not all there, but is the one of that list I'd most like to work out.

For all our struggles with injuries this season, it is absolutely without a doubt some of the senior players who have let us down, not the kids who have replaced them. Warnock, Dunne (massively), Collins, Carew have been disgraceful.

Albrighton (who will play for England within 12 months, I guarantee), Hogg (brilliant yesterday), Bannan, Lichaj, Clark have all done excellently, and make me feel unbelievably positive for the future.

Richard Dunne is the size of a house. And not a small one, either, a fucking big one.