Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Keane had a sly dig at Birmingham when sky stopped him twas quite funny.

Babel to Hoffenheim too.

What did he say?

'It was never gonna happen' in relation to the deal itself, to which he added: 'I think they just wanted some publicity'.

I saw that.

Just when i thought a good day couldn't get any better.

Guest kingdawson

KD: thoughts on how Pienaar will fit in? Pleased he went to your lot over Chelsea, at least he's got a chance of getting some decent game time. I assume he won't be starting, but he'll be useful to come on, possibly also backup for VDV in that AMC role?

I'm not going to lie, even if it is due to his contract running out, it's a painfully good deal.

Well we're gonna stick with 4-4-1-1 so i'm guessing he's gonna rotate with Lennon for the right wing spot. A long shot would be him going to lm and Bale being played at lb but hopefully that doesn't happen. Tbh i'm just happy we have a player with good dribbling ability and pace to come in when things are not going well.

Now hopefully Gio and Keane fuck off asap.

Spurs training ground is more like Piccadilly Circus today.  Pienaar and his entourage, Keane's agent and hangers on, same with Gio.

Pienaar all but done, Gio going on loan to Italy, O'Hara maybe going on loan to Wham, Keane going nowhere unless the money is right.

Spurs played a friendly with QPR, Spurs won 9-2, O'Hara and Woodgate both played 45 mins.

FFS can't we just sell Gio and O'hara. What's with all these lame loan deals.

No one wants Gio permanently until they know he can walk past a nightclub (he cant), O'Hara needs to prove he's now fit, the worrying one is Keane.  If he doesn't get the deal he wants, seems quite possible he'll be staying a la Bogarde.

Guest Heneage

Spurs training ground is more like Piccadilly Circus today.  Pienaar and his entourage, Keane's agent and hangers on, same with Gio.

Pienaar all but done, Gio going on loan to Italy, O'Hara maybe going on loan to Wham, Keane going nowhere unless the money is right.

Spurs played a friendly with QPR, Spurs won 9-2, O'Hara and Woodgate both played 45 mins.

No one wants Gio permanently until they know he can walk past a nightclub (he cant), O'Hara needs to prove he's now fit, the worrying one is Keane.  If he doesn't get the deal he wants, seems quite possible he'll be staying a la Bogarde.

Heard anything about potential moves for Keane?

Rumours about Stephen Warnock going to Liverpool on loan (I'll carry the fucker there) and someone called Taiwo joining us.

I had to google him. I've no idea whatsoever about football beyond these shores. Much like a former manager of ours.

Rumours about Stephen Warnock going to Liverpool on loan (I'll carry the fucker there) and someone called Taiwo joining us.

I had to google him. I've no idea whatsoever about football beyond these shores. Much like a former manager of ours.

Taye Taiwo? Blimey, Lerner's got a few bob spare it seems.

Whats gone wrong with Warnock?

Whats gone wrong with Warnock?

For over a year now, he's been awful. Very unhappy at the moment, by all accounts.

Glen Johnson and Warnock as your full backs, though, there's an awful lot of positional fuck ups waiting to happen there.

Glen Johnson, Paul Konchesky, Stephen Warnock, Fabio Aurelio, Martin Kelly

not exactly a great pool of fullbacks, is it?

Rate Fabio Aurelio, shame he is made of glass. Kelly is ok and Johnson would solve their RW problems but Benitez believed the half truths he was a FB.

Glen Johnson, Paul Konchesky, Stephen Warnock, Fabio Aurelio, Martin Kelly

not exactly a great pool of fullbacks, is it?

Kelly is arguably the best of the lot.

Benitez the managerial genius decided that spending £16m on a right back, no better than a kid he had sitting in the reserves, was the key to the title though. Not that he wasted any money or anything. :lol:

Heard anything about potential moves for Keane?

Nothing new.  Wants to stay in London, Fulham not showing much interest and Wham want him but don't want to pay £70kpw + £1m bonus for avoiding relegation.  Keane also doesn't want to take a paycut if Wham do go down.  Wouldn't surprise me if he's still in the stands at WHL in February.