Steven Taylor

Tooj

Honestly watch the whole match again, Bassong was nervous tentavie and extremely error prone. The only reason Lennon was quiet was because a) he's not all that good anyway and b) Spuds were just as bad as we were in terms of positive football. Oh and spuds first goal came from a Lennon cross, awful marking by Collocini but the cross should not have been allowed to get in.

I'm not sticking up for Taylor in the slightest, he was awful simply awful last night, but he wasn't the only one Bassong pipped him and Collocini for piss poor player of the match for me.

So funny how people have these pre determined views on players, Butt's crap, Taylor's Crap, Collo's world class, Edgar's crap, Bassong the great white (well you know what I mean) hope. So they refuse to look at a game and judge the players performances on what went on.

If you think Bassong was our MoM or even had a good game really you must be taking the same stuff as Gazza is.

The first goal came from an absolutely dreadful pass from Nicky Butt (who was s**** all game imo)which put us on the backfoot, Taylor got pulled out of position leaving and the only reason the cross came from Lennon was because he had switched sides to get away from Bassongs pocket.

Couldn't have described it better myself. Look back at the replay and you will see Taylor leaving his position which in turned left Colo marking 2 strikers when the cross came in.

Far too many players were caught in possession last night. Taylor received a bad pass and made it worse. The lack of movement caused several players to dwell on the ball (not in Taylor's case). Iirc Butt lost the ball for the 1st goal & Colo didn't even jump for nuisance value. Taylor isn't as good as he thinks he is but he is getting generally better and can improve still.

Right now we need to support all of the players; Saturday is a very important game.

Far too many players were caught in possession last night. Taylor received a bad pass and made it worse. The lack of movement caused several players to dwell on the ball (not in Taylor's case). Iirc Butt lost the ball for the 1st goal & Colo didn't even jump for nuisance value. Taylor isn't as good as he thinks he is but he is getting generally better and can improve still.

Right now we need to support all of the players; Saturday is a very important game.

Obviously Taylor can get better, but do you honestly think he is getting better?  He doesn't look to have improved over the last couple of seasons to me.

Taylor has largely cut out the stupid free kicks he continually gave away by getting caught square on and pulling back the player as they went passed him. He's no superstar and he needs a solid defender beside him. Colo has also shown a few weaknesses in his play & I think the whole team is suffering from the lack of dependable full backs. Some of the positions the defence has been pulled into have been awful.

Obviously Taylor can get better, but do you honestly think he is getting better?  He doesn't look to have improved over the last couple of seasons to me.

Taylor has largely cut out the stupid free kicks he continually gave away by getting caught square on and pulling back the player as they went passed him. He's no superstar and he needs a solid defender beside him. Colo has also shown a few weaknesses in his play & I think the whole team is suffering from the lack of dependable full backs. Some of the positions the defence has been pulled into have been awful.

Why does that argument always come up when people are talking about Taylor?  That's something you should never have to say about any half decent player and yet in Taylors case it seems to be acceptable for some reason.

Guest Stephen927

Why does that argument always come up when people are talking about Taylor?  That's something you should never have to say about any half decent player and yet in Taylors case it seems to be acceptable for some reason.

This. I don't buy that excuse for a second.

Guest Stephen927

If you're a central defender, you take care of your own shit.

Coloccini does that well for the most part, whereas Taylor constantly shows himself up with stupid mistakes.

But hey! He's a Geordie so he understands the club and should be in the first team. H

The type of remark you expect from someone who doesn't go to the games. I herd people booing his first touch after the clanger against Spurs in the Gallowgate end. Was in the Leazes end today & people were jiping him from the kickoff, you will be glad to know most of the ground hacked off with him when he did a slide pass back to Geremi rather than cross it into the middle. He is one of the many shite defenders at the club & thats why we are 2nd bottom in the league.

To sum up: IT IS A INTERNET MYTH HE GETS A  EASY RIDE BECAUSE HE IS LOCAL OR HE HAS COME THROUGH THE RANKS.

But hey! He's a Geordie so he understands the club and should be in the first team. H

The type of remark you expect from someone who doesn't go to the games. I herd people booing his first touch after the clanger against Spurs in the Gallowgate end. Was in the Leazes end today & people were jiping him from the kickoff, you will be glad to know most of the ground hacked off with him when he did a slide pass back to Geremi rather than cross it into the middle. He is one of the many s**** defenders at the club & thats why we are 2nd bottom in the league.

To sum up: IT IS A INTERNET MYTH HE GETS A  EASY RIDE BECAUSE HE IS LOCAL OR HE HAS COME THROUGH THE RANKS.

not quite, a lot of people acknowledge his mistakes but still want him in the team, in the Gallowgate anyway

The type of remark you expect from someone who doesn't go to the games. I herd people booing his first touch after the clanger against Spurs in the Gallowgate end. Was in the Leazes end today & people were jiping him from the kickoff, you will be glad to know most of the ground hacked off with him when he did a slide pass back to Geremi rather than cross it into the middle. He is one of the many shite defenders at the club & thats why we are 2nd bottom in the league.

Let's send that to Mythbusters for their next episode on Internet myths :thup:

The lad is obviously lacking in confidence at the moment and they don't have the option of playing someone else unless you would prefer Edgar or Tozer instead.  Until Beye and Enrique are fit again, he will be playing so why not get behind him.

The lad is obviously lacking in confidence at the moment and they don't have the option of playing someone else unless you would prefer Edgar or Tozer instead.  Until Beye and Enrique are fit again, he will be playing so why not get behind him.

'cause that'd be the sensible thing to do, geez.