Steven Taylor

Tooj

Coloccini is proven quality though. And we're not talking in a weak league a la Boumsong (France and Scotland).

I'll admit he has not been that good for us so far - well at least since all this went down - but on the other hand very few have done anything positive on the pitch, and I can't really blame Coloccini given how new he is to the club, the country, the league, and this situation.

He is from a mid table club in Spain & is now playing for the team 2nd bottom in the league. He doesn't get a free pass.........well he would if he was a local lad born in Greenwich. He has got to look at how Jonas has come in & hit the ground running, same as Beye did last year. Strikers are not going to let him settle they going to be at him & he needs to show this class I hear about.

I didn't say he should get away with anything. He hasn't been good enough, whatever reasons there are that might exist. I know for a fact that he is a good player though, and he's proven that abroad and for Argentina.

I am not that fussed about his days in Spain or his 1 game for Milan or his Argentina career. But if that form is top class as people mention then I hope it shows soon for Newcastle United. I saw him play for Argentina recently on Sky he was okayish.

:clap:

As an attacking rightback fair play, his positional sense is fair bad, but he can work on that I guess. Beye will be back soon.

It's not so much his positional sense that let him down defensively today, it was him doing his usual standing 5 yards off a player with his arms out instead of closing players down.  In the first half Pienar and Baines in particular had acres of space.

Taylor should play centre forward.

DMC in Butts role.

Much better option.

he looks like a centre half playing right back. Its a shame other players with more technical skills don't have a heart like he has, but character shouldn't be underestimated.

I still think that playing in a better team would bring him on a hell of a lot, it might still be at Newcastle.

DMC in Butts role.

Much better option.

Aye, if we had some decent forwards, otherwise stick the lad up front.

At the same time, we need to off load the butt.

we need all the experience we have just now.

DMC in Butts role.

Much better option.

Giving away fee kicks and penalties is not what I would consider to be a useful contribution.

DMC in Butts role.

Much better option.

Giving away fee kicks and penalties is not what I would consider to be a useful contribution.

don't get me wrong, I realise this ie he's past his best, but on the plus side - like Taylor - he had a hand in the 2nd goal.

A relegation fight isn't for kids or the faint hearted. I thought Guthrie was very good today.