Steven Taylor

Tooj

Faye wanting to move back to the North West so he joins Stoke, yeah whatever, bullshit

I'm going off what Tony Pulis said.

Miaow, btw.

I know, I wasn't having a go at you mate, just the excuses given for his departure

aye, said he was too old, course he was only too happy to buy Sibierski

He got Sibierski for nothing but your point still stands, he also thought Duff was worth 33% of his transfer budget.

we should have got Sol Campbell and Dioup when we had the chance. Our midfield and defence would look a million times better with two no nonsense big bastards

Cambell knocked us back if i remember but would have been a great signing for us imho.

Roeder knocked Campbell back.

Bloody hell forgot that i thought it was the way up in the sticks north thing my deepest contrafibularities .

aye, said he was too old, course he was only too happy to buy Sibierski

He got Sibierski for nothing but your point still stands, he also thought Duff was worth 33% of his transfer budget.

I'm pretty sure their was a fee for Antoine tbh, £1.5m was mentioned I think

We missed Taylor's reasonable capability today, not his brilliant leadership skills or anything like that - he doesn't have any of that. We missed him because he's not inept.

He fucking is like. :lol:

I'd rather have Titus.

Sad fact is we missed Tyalor, Cacapa was crap, Taylor may have a few mad moments but he is the best CB we haver to partner Colo.

He's already proven he's not good enough. Sad thing is Colo doesn't have a decent enough partner as Bassong is yet to be given a run out, and that's all else we've got as we know the rest aren't up to it, and I'd rather have Habib as right-back.

Guest palnese

Hangeland has shown he's got what it takes to play in the PL. Would be a huge signing in my eyes...

He is a really good player.. He started of in i League 1 club in Norway called Vidar, moved on to Viking, in the premiership, at the age of 18-19 i think. Quickly became the captain in the side, and moved on to Denmark to play for Copenhagen. Is now the Norway captain, and should surely be aiming for better clubs than Fulham. His about 10 feet tall, so he is good in the air. His positioning is excellent, though he lack a bit of pace. And he is a playing defender. Would rather like to pass it short and creative, than just fluke it down the pitch..

• 2 months later...
Guest firetotheworks

I'm one of Taylors biggest critics, but credit where its due. He played well today and showed a lot of heart.

I'm one of Taylors biggest critics, but credit where its due. He played well today and showed a lot of heart.

Agree 100%

For all his flaws, you can never question his heart. He has never looked like he didn't care. And for that, I will always respect him.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2195840.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

STEVEN TAYLOR was at the centre of another dive storm as Sunderland felt they were cheated out of taking the Tyne-Wear derby honours.

The Newcastle defender is still remembered for falling over like he’d been shot after a blatant handball against Aston Villa in 2005.

But that was run close by the way he hit the deck under a soft challenge from Steed Malbranque to give the Toon a lifeline yesterday.

Shola Ameobi scored from the spot to cancel out Djibril Cisse’s first-half goal — but the manner of the penalty given by Howard Webb was the big talking point.

Mackems defender Danny Collins was fuming and said even the Newcastle players had admitted it was a dive.

Collins said: “I just saw the penalty decision on TV. It’s a terrible decision to be honest. Steed sort of stumbled over himself Stevie (Taylor) has gone on another yard and then fallen over.

“Damien Duff got booked for diving and he himself said to me ‘It was a worse dive than mine’. He actually said that to me. Perhaps the fact it was a few minutes after the Duff incident swayed him a little bit.

“The referee gave one or two things that were a bit soft in the second half.”

Collins insisted Webb had got it wrong and added: “The linesman is on that side and that is where he needs to help the ref out.

“He didn’t actually flag. I think he has radioed it into the ref and said it’s a pen.

“I said to the linesman afterwards, ‘How come you never flagged?’ and he said he radioed it to the ref.

“I accepted it at the time because there’s a lot of bodies there and I couldn’t really see it. But I have since seen it on TV.”

Black Cats boss Ricky Sbragia also felt the decision had cost them the chance to claim a first double over their neighbours since 1967.

He said: “They got the penalty which was probably a bit soft in my opinion.

Advertisement

“I don’t think Steed actually made contact with Taylor, I think he’s stubbed the ground. But he’s given it and we can’t do anything about it.

“The referee has made the decision and I don’t want to criticise him. Maybe from the angle he was at, he thinks it is. We’ve got the benefit of video and for me it didn’t look a penalty.”

Yet Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear had no doubt in his mind the referee was right to give the spot-kick.

He said: “If you get tackled from behind it’s obviously a penalty.

“I didn’t think Damien’s was — but Taylor’s certainly was.”

Kinnear also revealed he had to force goalscorer Ameobi to play — even though the striker was not convinced he was fit after a Sunday morning fitness test.

He said: “I gave him a fitness test, he said he was feeling his ankle but I said he still has to play.

“I just want to get 16 or 17 points and forget this season. It’s been a struggle since day one — we’ve had turmoil, injuries, the lot.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2195840.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

STEVEN TAYLOR was at the centre of another dive storm as Sunderland felt they were cheated out of taking the Tyne-Wear derby honours.

The Newcastle defender is still remembered for falling over like he’d been shot after a blatant handball against Aston Villa in 2005.

But that was run close by the way he hit the deck under a soft challenge from Steed Malbranque to give the Toon a lifeline yesterday.

Shola Ameobi scored from the spot to cancel out Djibril Cisse’s first-half goal — but the manner of the penalty given by Howard Webb was the big talking point.

Mackems defender Danny Collins was fuming and said even the Newcastle players had admitted it was a dive.

Collins said: “I just saw the penalty decision on TV. It’s a terrible decision to be honest. Steed sort of stumbled over himself Stevie (Taylor) has gone on another yard and then fallen over.

“Damien Duff got booked for diving and he himself said to me ‘It was a worse dive than mine’. He actually said that to me. Perhaps the fact it was a few minutes after the Duff incident swayed him a little bit.

Collins insisted Webb had got it wrong and added: “The linesman is on that side and that is where he needs to help the ref out.

“He didn’t actually flag. I think he has radioed it into the ref and said it’s a pen.

“I said to the linesman afterwards, ‘How come you never flagged?’ and he said he radioed it to the ref.

“I accepted it at the time because there’s a lot of bodies there and I couldn’t really see it. But I have since seen it on TV.”

Black Cats boss Ricky Sbragia also felt the decision had cost them the chance to claim a first double over their neighbours since 1967.

Advertisement

“I don’t think Steed actually made contact with Taylor, I think he’s stubbed the ground. But he’s given it and we can’t do anything about it.

“The referee has made the decision and I don’t want to criticise him. Maybe from the angle he was at, he thinks it is. We’ve got the benefit of video and for me it didn’t look a penalty.”

Yet Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear had no doubt in his mind the referee was right to give the spot-kick.

Kinnear also revealed he had to force goalscorer Ameobi to play — even though the striker was not convinced he was fit after a Sunday morning fitness test.

He said: “I gave him a fitness test, he said he was feeling his ankle but I said he still has to play.

“I just want to get 16 or 17 points and forget this season. It’s been a struggle since day one — we’ve had turmoil, injuries, the lot.”

no mention of the 4 counts of actual bodily harm against jonas ?

His best position has, and always will be at right back.

Even when he went into the middle for the last 5 minutes, he nearly gifted them a goal.

Not as much pressure on him on the right hand side.

i'm beginning to agree that his beast position could well be right back with a capability to cover centre half.

as much as i like beye ,taylor wa as good as beye has been this season in that position

Even when he went into the middle for the last 5 minutes, he nearly gifted them a goal.

i'm beginning to agree that his beast position could well be right back with a capability to cover centre half.

as much as i like beye ,taylor wa as good as beye has been this season in that position

whilst I agree he has been as good as Beye at right back this season he doesn`t have the same influence. With Beye at the back we kept clean sheets and had more confidence in defence.

Advertisement

no mention of the 4 counts of actual bodily harm against jonas ?

Do they do these types of pieces after Gerrard dives?

whilst I agree he has been as good as Beye at right back this season he doesn`t have the same influence. With Beye at the back we kept clean sheets and had more confidence in defence.

Depends on what you want from an RB. Taylor doesn't hold a candle to Beye's defensive ability.