what do you genuinely expect from next season?

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

keegans mentioned aiming for 5th next season. i honestly dont thnk thats going to happen, and if someone offered me comfortable top 10 i would take that. its all well having money and a good manager but what i think weve continuosly had problems with is time. allardyce didnt get enough (in my opinion) and i think anyone who genuinely thinks we are going to finish 5th needs to think again, in my opinion. look at villa and city, both had stacks of money recently and in their first seasons with a new manager unconvincing (madness that sven is under pressure) but now villa will finish 5th or 6th and its onwards and upwards forom there. if we finished 5th in 3 seasons, and 9th this season. id be a happy man, what about everyone else?

On the pitch - commitment and the ability to grind out results and the ability to beat teams at the bottom (Derby - never again please).  Good home form.  And a bit of flair if its not too much to ask.  Oh, and 6 points off the mackems.

Off the pitch - reported rifts, turmoil, allegations, and general shit from the press.

Guest VegasToon

On the pitch - commitment and the ability to grind out results and the ability to beat teams at the bottom (Derby - never again please).  Good home form.  And a bit of flair if its not too much to ask.  Oh, and 6 points off the mackems.

Off the pitch - reported rifts, turmoil, allegations, and general s*** from the press.

Well said.  :thup:

Top half and a decent cup run.

Seasons, Begun with KK as manager.....1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd,.......recent form+ 3/4 quality buys, = top 6 , got to be optimistic

European football. That's a realistic goal for me. This year was a freak year in the sense clubs outside the big 4 won the cups. So 7th should be enough for European football.

Guest newcastle4life

Hopefully back into Europe or at least signs of improvment depends on the players that are brought and who leaves before we will get any idea.

You talk about us building up to challenging the likes of Villa nad Everton for 5th but we are not that far away from them. We had a terribly disruptive campaign this year and still finished 12th.

In fact if you look at squads player for player, there really isn't a huge amount of difference between ours and Villa's or Everton's.

We have suffered hugely these last few years, from the lack of solidarity and poor management choice, while other teams have overperformed we have under performed.

We'll invest in the summer and so will our rivals, I'm confident that we have the best manager of the transfer market in our mini PL league. KK will improve on this squad, that's for sure.

There is no way we can challenge the top 4 next season or even perhaps the season after that but I don't see any reason at all why we shouldn't be competing with the likes of Villa, Spuds, Everton and Man City for the unoffical title of 'best of the rest'.

My expectations Top 8, tbh anything lower than that will be a disspointing season.

Top 8. decent cup runs if nasty draws are avoided. decent looking football displayed once in a while.

Strange KK's cup record with us was pretty poor, I remember a win against Boro in the league cup when we were in the 1st Div and they were in PL, the 5-0 away to Royal Antwerp in the UEFA but outside that nothing particuarily stands out.

Guest nufc_geordie

Anything in the top half next year, an assault on a European qualification the year after.

top 4, anything else would be a disaster, cant see Arsenal or Liverpool being much better than us. I mean Butt better then Flamini, Martins better then Adebayor, Barton much much better then Fabregas and Faye 10 x better then Gallas and Toure (combined).

Yeah we should tbh win the league.

Trip to Wembley in either league cup or fa cup, dont care which one.

Top 10

Double over the scum

Lose no more than 5 home games

The only teams that should, in theory, beat us at home are the "top 4", and even then we've managed to beat them/draw with them in recent seasons.  Not saying I expect us to have a season unbeaten at home, but I think it would be possible, and would be a good start.