Everton 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/05/08 - post 'match' reaction from page 9

Dave

Penalty.... Owen....

1-1.  Keeper got close.  Jesus Owen man.

Suprised Owen takes the pens,he fluffs them more often than not!But who cares,come on lads would be great to get a win here!Love for Villa to finish 5th ahead of Everton

Get Tozer on, Cacapa shouldn't come near the pitch..

Why?

Give up man, I know you like fancy players but this bloke is weak, slow & he dithers on the ball. At least has played a few games this unlike his last season at Lyon.

Although I not fussed why we should get Tozer on just because he is younger.

fuckin hope he sorts himself out and stays

and fucks off away from taking penalties.  Radio Newc reckon it crept under Howard.

Scored = good penalty.

Well, it's not really that simple.

Err, yes it is in my book. Sure, he might not be very convincing, but if he scores, he's done his job. He either scores or doesn't; succeeds or fails.

Until he fails, he's taking good penalties.

and fucks off away from taking penalties.  Radio Newc reckon it crept under Howard.

Scored = good penalty.

Was the same story at Liverpool I remember. He got some dodgy ones in then ended missing a 2 or 3 on the bounce and got pushed off them. Hardly ever took them after that. Was actually surprising to see him start taking them for us.

He doesn't have a top quality pen technique at all.

Get Tozer on, Cacapa shouldn't come near the pitch..

Why?

Give up man, I know you like fancy players but this bloke is weak, slow & he dithers on the ball. At least has played a few games this unlike his last season at Lyon.

Although I not fussed why we should get Tozer on just because he is younger.

Nothing to do with me liking "fancy" players as you put it. I'm one of the few on here who is actually against us signing a playmaker, unlike most who seem to think it is the answer for all of our prayers.

Scored = good penalty.

Err, yes it is in my book. Sure, he might not be very convincing, but if he scores, he's done his job. He either scores or doesn't; succeeds or fails.

He failed miserably at pens whilst at Liverpool.

Sounds like Zoggy has been the only player managing to create something. Hope he stays.

i like zog, wish he would stay. as for people attacking cacapa, the guy had 1 bad game, i was at fulham where he was brilliant and while he is old he still has quality and reads the game well.

Aye, next season Owen should NOT be taking penalties.

Terrible at them tbh.

2/2.

I agree that he doesn't exactly inspire confidence but he hasn't missed so far.

Thats true but hes been very lucky with those penalties imo.

Scored = good penalty.

And that matters to us because...?

He's scored the ones he's taken for us. That's all that matters.

Leaving it here because it's digressing a little. :)

Scored = good penalty.

As long as they still go in, sure it's good but it doesn't necessarily mean that the penalty is well taken. In this case, Owen scores a lot of flukey penalties and his luck will run out sooner or later. Shearer on the other hand, he was a quality penalty taker.

Troll, I really don't know. For some reason I would trust Emre although he's not on the pitch and almost certainly a gonner. It's something for Keegan to sort out in the summer.

Scored = good penalty.

As long as they still go in, sure it's good but it doesn't necessarily mean that the penalty is well taken. In this case, Owen scores a lot of flukey penalties and his luck will run out sooner or later. Shearer on the other hand, he was a quality penalty taker.

Troll, I really don't know. For some reason I would trust Emre although he's not on the pitch and almost certainly a gonner. It's something for Keegan to sort out in the summer.

I agree he's dodgy at pens and his luck will run out soon.

Scored = good penalty.

And that matters to us because...?

He's scored the ones he's taken for us. That's all that matters.

Leaving it here because it's digressing a little. :)

It matters to us because he has a track record of missing pens and has narrowly scored the ones he has taken for us and is a cert to miss in future if he keeps taking them.

Btw, I love Michael Owen, I am just stating that his arse twitches alot when he is faced with a pen, he is more of a split second instinct finisher than a placement finisher.