Rightwinger: SWP, Pennant or Lennon?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Toss up between Lennon and SWP - would prbably opt for Lennon, especially if he;s at a decent price. Comes down to price and potential if you ask me- Lennon is still pretty raw round the edges so it;d be amassive gamble for me but i think he could be exactly what nufc needs - someone to lift and excite the crowd as well.

Those 2 would best utilise our strikers at the moment, thye prefer it on the ground at both look to attack the full back and get to the byline - Lennon is particulary skillful in this area of the pitch, his dribbling and ball control is excellent (manily due to his speed) this for me is key becasue it'd open up spaces for our strikers and when you have the Martins, Viduka (for the time being) and Owen sitting in the box  with space they would be lethal.

Slap in a cross from 30 yards out and they wouldnt - so that rules Pennant out for me.

I thought grant rated him. he had a great run after xmas in the team.. more a case of them wanting to keep him. id hope we would be in with a chance if he is up for grabs, half the premiership would be after him though.

I thought grant rated him. he had a great run after xmas in the team.. more a case of them wanting to keep him. id hope we would be in with a chance if he is up for grabs, half the premiership would be after him though.

He loves the Keegler tho innit.  :pow:

Keegans quotes recently are certainly the type to say that he wants to keep Milner as a long term prospect still only about 22. In that respect I see this situation being as difficult to guess as the left back situation. Keegan can either go big and push the current player as a back up to learn and develop or buy someone cheaper and for it to be more of an even competition for places. In that respect it again goes back to the point if they all came available how much they were.

Arshavin or SWP as people have said a mile over Pennant.

Arshavin isn't a right winger.

He plays either as a second striker or on the right hand side, generally for an attacking three. So I would certainly classify him as a player who can play as a right-winger.

Also anyone who wants Lennon clearly hasn't seen him play very often. He's a worse version of Kieron Dyer.

For me it's between SWP and Lennon too, I have doubts over both their final deliveries and they're both the sort who blow hot and cold. I'd probably go for SWP though as he's much more of a goal threat. Think Lennon has more potential though. (Bentley would be perfect obv)

Arshavin or SWP as people have said a mile over Pennant.

Arshavin isn't a right winger.

He plays either as a second striker or on the right hand side, generally for an attacking three. So I would certainly classify him as a player who can play as a right-winger.

Also anyone who wants Lennon clearly hasn't seen him play very often. He's a worse version of Kieron Dyer.

The guy is exactly like Kieron Dyer pretty much on and off the pitch!

I can't believe how many want him here considering how much Dyer was despised at Newcastle.

Just out of interest - did people actually think Dyer was a bad player? Ill put myhand up and say i thought he's always been a key player for us, will always resent him for the SBR debacle and the inflated wages which he didnt deserve but for the past 4 years he was a good player in a bad team.

I hated him as a person but i liked him as a player.

Just out of interest - did people actually think Dyer was a bad player? Ill put myhand up and say i thought he's always been a key player for us, will always resent him for the SBR debacle and the inflated wages which he didnt deserve but for the past 4 years he was a good player in a bad team.

Similar to Lennon in the sense that their pace and dribbling ability made them a threat and danger on the pitch which in Dyer's case presented opportunities for the team going forward. However, the final product from both players for the majority of the time renders all their other good work void.

Similar to Lennon in the sense that their pace and dribbling ability made them a threat and danger on the pitch which in Dyer's case presented opportunities for the team going forward. However, the final product from both players for the majority of the time renders all their other good work void.

I wouldnt go as far as saying void but i know what you mean - if Dyer could finish he could easily of been a 10 goal midfielder every season. To be honest im one who would like Lennon cos i think he could be more affective with the strikers we have. It'd be not so much him getting assist after assit but him doing what Dyer did and putting the opposition defence under pressure leading to oppurtunites.

SWP is a class act who's stagnated at Chelsea. If he can recover some of his Citeh form he'd be an excellent acquisition. Would be my preferred choice of those in this pole by some distance.

How has GeJon managed to vote for Milner 16 times??!  :lol:

£££

How has GeJon managed to vote for Milner 16 times??!  :lol:

£££

Dave will do anything for a tenner.  bluerazz.gif