The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shoot me down if I am wrong but might I be correct in thinking that he isnt setting the Champions League alight this season so far ?

He was absolutely brilliant against Real Madrid. Best player on the pitch in that match.

Was going to say.

Had a bad game today, but he was brilliant in the last one.

Zenit have been very unlucky to only have one point after these three games.

OMG he had one bad game.  We cannot possibly sign this player.

Jesus man, get a grip.  OLD THREAD IS OLD.

He didn't even have a bad game, he just didn't have a good game. Showed his qualities a fair few times, his pass with the outside of his boot there right towards the end was absolutely sublime for example.

Wish we'd go for Advocaat, with him bringing Arshavin, when we get our new owners and Zenit's domestic season is over and they've been knocked out of the CL.

• 1 month later...

ndrei Arshavin secretly flew to London to open transfer talks with an unnamed Premiership club after being given the all-clear to leave Zenit St Petersburg.

The unsettled 27-year-old striker, who has been linked with Chelsea, Spurs and Real Madrid, has been told he can move in the January transfer window.

And Arshavin flew to London and spent two days locked in talks with the Premiership side.

Arshavin said: 'I went to London and it was on a business trip.   

'But I was also lucky to find time for sightseeing in London. Me and my wife Yulia had a long walk around the capital of Britain, saw Trafalgar Square and many other places.

"I'm very happy about it. When you visit these countries to play football you only see things through the window of the bus."

Both Arshavin and his agent Dennis Lachter refused to name the club they were talking to.

Anyone want to hazard a guess? Chelsea? City even?

Guest Stephen927

Went right off the idea of signing him after all the carry on in the summer, he had about 3 different clubs that he followed as a kid at one point.

Guest firetotheworks

I would prefer McGeady to a overrated russian...

...and Id prefer an over-rated yet still quality Russian who shone in the Euros to an over-rated Scot who is all pace and not much else.

It would be great it if it was us.

However away from dreamworld and in reality it would be amazing if we just managed to keep hold of our best players..Martins, Owen,colo,bassong, zoggy, enrique ect i have a horrible feeling we'll be losing one or more.

Guest Heneage

Really don't want him to be honest, he's nothing but a money-grabbing whore, whos "Dreams" quickly changed when clubs wouldn't pay the stupid fee.

He'd be a very good buy for Arsenal, so I reckon it's them. They've got some Russian investor as well, haven't they.... hmmm...

Alisher Usmanov is a shareholder & as of yet Arsenal have not wanted to embrace him, in fact to save there own bacon the Arsenal board let American Stanley Kroenke join the board to keep Usmanov from taking over.