Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Guest Heneage

Be nice to get some of the bigger targets sorted before the Euro's the days of Hottiger like transfers are gone.

Didn't the president say he would accept 16m euros?

He would accept but if the spurs offer 20 million euros, he can not sell him for 16 any more.  O0

Now that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.  :rolleyes:

Guest fuchs34

Fuchs34 (why that name ?).......have any other clubs been mentioned wanting to sign Turan ?

Tottenham and Everton so far.  But another important info for you. Newcastle was watching Arda the whole season. They send scouts to the Galatasaray stadium. I remember a quote from one of the scouts after a bad match from Arda: " This is the best player of Turkey.., can't believe that". Looks like he changed his opinion after watching some more games  :angel:

Fuchs34 (why that name ?).......have any other clubs been mentioned wanting to sign Turan ?

Tottenham and Everton so far.  But another important info for you. Newcastle was watching Arda the whole season. They send scouts to the Galatasaray stadium. I remember a quote from one of the scouts after a bad match from Arda: " This is the best player of Turkey.., can't believe that". Looks like he changed his opinion after watching some more games  :angel:

Only going to be more upset if this doesn't work out now ... but thanks anyway.

Thanks for the information fuchs.

He sounds extremely exciting, but if we're going to sign him, it has to be before the Euros.

No chance of doing it after, because if he has a decent tournament (which he should do) all of the other teams will be all over him.

Sooner the better  :thup:

Guest Brazilianbob

f***ing hell, check out the mong fest in this thread

we're not a big club in france so we wont sign anyone good? and players go to the rivals of the club they eventually want to play for?

Now you are just being pedantic I am only making the point that many players join lesser teams as a stepping stone.  Do you honestly believe it didn't cross Palacios's mind when he signed for Wigan, that given the clubs proximity to Liverpool and Manchester, if he made a real impact then Pool and Manu might come calling.

Guest birdhunter

Before you guys sell Emre you should have a look at him at Euro2008. You can see him play in a formation and team (Turkey) which suits him. Sometimes (actually in general  :doh:) Newcastle is playin really poor especially the build up and passing from the defence is like shit.. so even if you had Pirlo in the midfield nothing would have changed.

I dont understand why Emre is constantly injured, I am curious he will be injured for Turkey too  ;)

And for those guys who are interested Turkey is facing Uruguay on Sunday bt I dont know where you can watch it.

Before you guys sell Emre you should have a look at him at Euro2008. You can see him play in a formation and team (Turkey) which suits him. Sometimes (actually in general  :doh:) Newcastle is playin really poor especially the build up and passing from the defence is like shit.. so even if you had Pirlo in the midfield nothing would have changed.

I dont understand why Emre is constantly injured, I am curious he will be injured for Turkey too  ;)

And for those guys who are interested Turkey is facing Uruguay on Sunday bt I dont know where you can watch it.

Most of us/those (I'm undecided :razz:) that want to get rid of Emre wants to get rid cause he's a liability when he's always injured, not because he's not good enough. He's quite clearly one of our better midfielders when fit, but that hasn't been the case too often, especially not this season.

Guest getcarter

Haven't kept up to date with this thread. Is there a particular reason for why it's reached 19 pages? Any developments?

Interest from Spurs

Apparently, Spurs have bid 13M :dave:

Haven't kept up to date with this thread. Is there a particular reason for why it's reached 19 pages? Any developments?

Interest from Spurs

Apparently, Spurs have bid 13M :dave:

yep, a spurs fan, who may not be my friend for much longer sent me this http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1157/picture1ea7.png

Wouldn't it be great if he turns down the bigger Spurs offer to sign for the Toon? Revenge is what I am dreaming of... :-(

It's mostly just someone with his head far up his own arse who claims that we haven't got a chance of beating the likes of Everton and Blackburn to any "big" signings. He lives in France half the time, so he knows.

Guest geordienorway

Arda'ya 13 milyon pound

G.SARAY'IN genç yıldızı Arda'ya şimdi de Tottenham talip oldu. Newcastle'ın almak için 11 milyon pound'u gözden çıkarmasının ardından bir teklif de Tottenham'dan geldi. İngiliz Guardian gazetesinin haberine göre, Tottenham, yıldız oyuncuyu transfer edebilmek için kulübüne 13 milyon pound teklif etti. Haberde önerilen rakamın Newcastle'ın teklifinden 

daha iyi olduğu belirtildi.

Doesn't sound too good. But Fotomac is not the most reliable source.