Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Because he is not over there to be in the starting lineup, he is over here seeing how he lies a Greggs whopper, before deciding whether or not to join us..

viduka is giving him a free tour of the greggs factory if he signs, now if thats not an incentive...

Hey Guys,

now, it´s official, that Arda Turan will not play in the Starting Lineup 4 Turkey at the EURO 2008.

Tuncay will play instead of him!

I'm a little concerned then by the boys quality, to be frank if Tuncay and Emre are considered better than him then I hope we are not looking at him.

I know absolutely bugger all about him, not exactly a huge follower of the fantastic turkish league and youtube is such a liar.

Hey Guys,

now, it´s official, that Arda Turan will not play in the Starting Lineup 4 Turkey at the EURO 2008.

I'm a little concerned then by the boys quality, to be frank if Tuncay and Emre are considered better than him then I hope we are not looking at him.

I know absolutely bugger all about him, not exactly a huge follower of the fantastic turkish league and youtube is such a liar.

It is a selection question, that probably any other manager wouldn't answer the same way. They are playing different (in comparison to Arda) and the Turks will play against the biggest favourite of the Group first. They want to take the safer option, i think. Bet, he will play against Switzerland.

Hey Guys,

It is a selection question, that probably any other manager wouldn't answer the same way. They are playing different (in comparison to Arda) and the Turks will play against the biggest favourite of the Group first. They want to take the safer option, i think. Bet, he will play against Switzerland.

If you are good enough, you'll get picked no matter what formation you are playing. Would England leave out Gerard or Rooney, because they want to play a bit more defensive against team X ?

The turkish national team hardly supplies the premiership with the leagues best player. If we are interested in a Turkish player then they need to be of the relative standard of a Gerard or a Rooney is to the the Turkish team. (and before you start I don't mean as good as those two players, I mean as relatively better than the rest of the national team).

Hey Guys,

If you are good enough, you'll get picked no matter what formation you are playing. Would England leave out Gerard or Rooney, because they want to play a bit more defensive against team X ?

The turkish national team hardly supplies the premiership with the leagues best player. If we are interested in a Turkish player then they need to be of the relative standard of a Gerard or a Rooney is to the the Turkish team. (and before you start I don't mean as good as those two players, I mean as relatively better than the rest of the national team).

Isn't he only 19 or something? Maybe he's still on the verge of establishing himself in the national team?

Gerrard and Rooney are better at the defensive stuff compared to others in their position to be fair.

OMG, I just mentioned those two players were as an example !! My point was, they are England's best players, and they'll play in every meaningful game England plays (if availble of course) no matter what tactics we employ.

If Turan is of the quality we need then, he should be the same for Turkey.

Hey Guys,

Isn't he only 19 or something? Maybe he's still on the verge of establishing himself in the national team?

I dunno, I thought he was a bit older than that. Still doesn't change my opinion. If he's good enough it shouldn't matter, it didn't for Rooney at that age.

Hey Guys,

I dunno, I thought he was a bit older than that. Still doesn't change my opinion. If he's good enough it shouldn't matter, it didn't for Rooney at that age.

He wont be the only player not starting for his country who could be could for us though will he

Gomis

Gomez

Crouch  they are just some of them we have been linked with

Hey Guys,

He wont be the only player not starting for his country who could be could for us though will he

Gomis

Gomez

Surely Gomez will start for Germany?

If not could be yet more good news for us.

Hey Guys,

Gomis

Gomez

Surely Gomez will start for Germany?

If not could be yet more good news for us.

Mario Gómez

Oliver Neuville

Miroslav Klose

David Odonkor

Lukas Podolski

Kevin Kuranyi

thats there forward list Podolski and Klose usually start

Hey Guys,

Gomis

Gomez

They don't play for Turkey though that's my point. Turkey have not supplied the PL or even world football in general with a huge amount of quality players. If we are looking at Turkish players they need to be their best ones.

Hey Guys,

Gomis

Gomez

They don't play for Turkey though that's my point. Turkey have not supplied the PL or even world football in general with a huge amount of quality players. If we are looking at Turkish players they need to be their best ones.

He's their best player without a doubt.

Hey Guys,

Gomis

Gomez

Think your making too big a deal out of this tbh. Some managers sre ujst obsessed with experience and this may well be the case here.

Look at England for example, everyone knows Bentley and Young should be in that first team but it still isn't happening, and the likes of Joe Cole, Beckham and SWP are clearly not as good as them both.

Gomis

Gomez

They don't play for Turkey though that's my point.

They aren't in there first season in the first team for there club either.  Not all managers pick exciting young players so quickly and not all countries can afford the luxury of doing so..

Hey Guys,

Gomis

Gomez

Think your making too big a deal out of this tbh. Some managers sre ujst obsessed with experience and this may well be the case here.

Look at England for example, everyone knows Bentley and Young should be in that first team but it still isn't happening, and the likes of Joe Cole, Beckham and SWP are clearly not as good as them both.

I don't know if I am, we've bought this type of player before in the past and they rarely work out.

Your comparrision with England is not really valid, those players you listed would walk into Turkey's national team, they would be picked unlike Turan. Turkey are not super powers, their best players are players who have failed in the PL. I'm sure someone will say well at least they are at Euros and England aren't. TBH there is not one of their players I would have ahead of England's, it's criminal that we didn't qualify, incredible how bad a job Steve mcLaren did.

Your comparrision with England is not really valid, those players you listed would walk into Turkey's national team, they would be picked unlike Turan. Turkey are not super powers, their best players are players who have failed in the PL.

But doesn't that also invalidate your argument that England would never drop its best creative player to play it safe so why should Turkey?  Like you said Turkey aren't England, also we know nothing about Turkey's manager so surely its silly to make the leap from Turan not starting the first game to Turan not being good enough.

Your comparrision with England is not really valid, those players you listed would walk into Turkey's national team, they would be picked unlike Turan. Turkey are not super powers, their best players are players who have failed in the PL.

But doesn't that also invalidate your argument that England would never drop its best creative player to play it safe so why should Turkey?  Like you said Turkey aren't England and we know nothing about Turkey's manager so its silly to make the leap from Turan not starting to Turan not being good enough surely.

I can have double standrads, cant I :p

Seroiusly though, that wasn't my point. I used England as an example because they are my country and I know their players.

My whole point was really very disrepectful of Turkey and if this guy isn't rated as one of the best that less the illustrious footballing national has then why are we interested ? If indeed we are ?

Emre and Tuncay are hardly world beaters are they ? Yet they make the team ahead of this chap.

But doesn't that also invalidate your argument that England would never drop its best creative player to play it safe so why should Turkey?  Like you said Turkey aren't England and we know nothing about Turkey's manager so its silly to make the leap from Turan not starting to Turan not being good enough surely.

I can have double standrads, cant I :p

Seroiusly though, that wasn't my point. I used England as an example because they are my country and I know their players.

My whole point was really very disrepectful of Turkey and if this guy isn't rated as one of the best that less the illustrious footballing national has then why are we interested ? If indeed we are ?

Emre and Tuncay are hardly world beaters are they ? Yet they make the team ahead of this chap.

Yes and the point was made that the manager may want to opt for experienced players as the safer option especially early in the tournament.

Like I said I know next to nothing about the player, so he could well be the word beater that people are making him out to be.

But his non selection has me thinking that perhaps even those that know him well, do not have full confidence in him.

If we are looking at players from the historically lesser lights of world football, we should be looking at players like Niko Krancjer, the undoubted star of the Crotian team at the last world cup. He was undroppable and went on to prove a huge success at Pompey.

I'm not sure we should be spending these huge amounts on players whom have yet to fully establish themselves in the national teams of nations like Turkey. Its' too big a gamble and with money apparently in short supply this summer and a lot of work to do, risks should be kept to a minimum.

Like I said I know next to nothing about the player, so he could well be the word beater that people are making him out to be.

But his non selection has me thinking that perhaps even those that know him well, do not have full confidence in him.

If we are looking at players from the historically lesser lights of world football, we should be looking at players like Niko Krancjer, the undoubted star of the Crotian team at the last world cup. He was undroppable and went on to prove a huge success at Pompey.

I'm not sure we should be spending these huge amounts on players whom have yet to fully establish themselves in the national teams of nations like Turkey. Its' too big a gamble and with money apparently in short supply this summer and a lot of work to do, risks should be kept to a minimum.

:suicide:

Guest VegasToon

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

You've never seen him play and you're talking about how he won't be good enough for us? Are you a complete idiot?