FA Cup Final 2008 won by Portsmouth

tmonkey

Next season...

Aye, I can feel it. Except we'll get Chelsea, not Cardiff.

You know we'd get a run like arsenal, man u, liverpool, chelsea and even if we came through that lot we'd end up drawing barcelona somehow in some new rule made up of not allowing us to ever win anything.

Refreshing to see a couple of unexpected finalists. At the end of the day though, it's one more set of fans who'll be able to come here in a mini-bus and taunt us that we've never won f**k all.

Surely there's no justice in the world, when teams such as Portsmouth, with there ungrateful, oh so very restrained in celebration, fans can win the cup.

When i see other captains lift the cup, i can't tell you how much i yearn for that to be the Toon one day.

Next season...

You know we'd get a run like arsenal, man u, liverpool, chelsea and even if we came through that lot we'd end up drawing barcelona somehow in some new rule made up of not allowing us to ever win anything.

Nah, we'd lose the final against Millwall or something.

Dirty, dirty cloggers.. an absolute disgrace to the great game and the ref was clearly overawed by the occasion. Johnson for starters should have had a yellow for persistent fouling... the Scummers clearly had a plan and the cnut of a ref let them get away with it. Diarra has some fantastic skills but end result is zip. Thought the sheep-sha**ers deserved something but when it went 1-0 it was game over.

Next season...

If a rule such as this appears on the yellow ticker on SSN in the next few days, I'll hunt you down like the dog you are.

Overrall I didn't mind the match, hardly a classic. I just really, really loathe that awful "Come on Pompey, Pompey come on" chant in that stupid Southern accent. I don't mind Portsmouth as a team or the place to be honest, but for some reason that 'apples & pears' basic as f*** chant enrages me.

If a rule such as this appears on the yellow ticker on SSN in the next few days, I'll hunt you down like the dog you are.

Overrall I didn't mind the match, hardly a classic. I just really, really loathe that awful "Come on Pompey, Pompey come on" chant in that stupid Southern accent. I don't mind Portsmouth as a team or the place to be honest, but for some reason that 'apples & pears' basic as f*** chant enrages me.

yeah i agree. play up pompey is f***ing annoying!! i dont like pompey completely irrationally, and  i think that may be it! that and that annoying bell ringer at fratton park which you always hear on motd

Next season...

we have been unlucky, but it doesnt help that when we do get drawn against lower league teams we get thrashed- eg birmingham and we were almost beaten at stoke.

wasn't a bad game, I thought Diarra was the best player on the pitch.

Shame cardiff didn't win though.

Good player Diarra, real shame we didn't get him.

Guest LucaAltieri

wasn't a bad game, I thought Diarra was the best player on the pitch.

Shame cardiff didn't win though.

Good player Diarra, real shame we didn't get him.

He's no Alan Smith.

A few Portsmouth players doing the "look I am talking on my mobile, so dont try & speak to me" as they get off the bus at Fratton Park.

Robbie Fowler did the same thing yesterday when he was going into the Cardiff hotel.