The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nice comment from Shearer!  :lol:

What'd he say?

I wasn't really paying attention but one of the other pundits said he'd be claiming a penalty if he had the shot Henry had that was blocked and Shearer was like 'No, I'd have hit the net'!

:lol: Class.

Nice comment from Shearer!  :lol:

what did he say? got to be better than the ESPN panel "netherlands opened the scoring in the first stanza"  :cheesy: what next? 'a great piece of dramatic irony there by van der vaart'

Don't act like that "It's a Dutch oven and the French are toast!" line wasn't great.

:lol: think the two commentators are alright, just the presenter and that perpetually shaking leprechaun bloke do my head in ,and the woman doesn't seem to have a great deal of knowledge about players.

Superb match, great stuff with Holland cruising then France pulling one back only for the Dutch to smack them in the bollocks a minute later, great to watch. Holland definitely have my vote for the tournament.

Guest optimistic nit

got to say i've never seen ribery do anything for france that suggests he's anything more than a french aaron lennon, who is really just a fast James Milner (with a bit better skill).

not saying he is that bad like, apparently he was magic last season for bayern, i've just never seen him produce much.

got to say i've never seen ribery do anything for france that suggests he's anything more than a french aaron lennon, who is really just a fast James Milner (with a bit better skill).

not saying he is that bad like, apparently he was magic last season for bayern, i've just never seen him produce much.

thought he was very good today, by far their best player.

what happens if holland wins 3-0, and italy and france tie 0-0 (all possible)? 3 way tie at the bottom, tied on GD, Goals scored and goals allowed, and all 3 tied each other. hope that happens, just to see pure insanity.

what happens if holland wins 3-0, and italy and france tie 0-0 (all possible)? 3 way tie at the bottom, tied on GD, Goals scored and goals allowed, and tied 3 each other. hope that happens, just to see pure insanity.

Ok, I want that outcome now, just to see what happens!

Agree, thought he looked class in both games. He's carrying this French team tbh, they seem to rely solely on him to make something happen.

Great response Parky.

Sorry mate not quite in the style of your many sucking up posts on boards across the land.

Sucking up to who exactly?

Yourself you vain little mirror hugging freak.

:smitten:

O0

Now leave Del Boy alone!!

Agree, thought he looked class in both games. He's carrying this French team tbh, they seem to rely solely on him to make something happen.

agree. problem with the french seems to be that they have no shape or system to their play. henry is up by himself and spends half his time wide left, ribery is in a free role and wanders around everywhere, so you have malouda and govou on the flanks crossing to no-one in the box. doesnt help that makelele and toulalan dont create anything or ever get forward.

The Italy match was good too.

How unlucky was Luca Toni.. and not just for the blatantely onside goal.  He looked class, would be great in the Prem.

And the stadium in that match really made me think of Usa 94.

Im a Inter fan, bloody hates Juventus, but Del Piero is a pure legend and is not allowed to be hated upon!

Yeah it only took him 7 years to play to an acceptable standard after that injury!

he did average today.... but he miles better than lennon or milner

Guest optimistic nit

carrying the french team out of the euro's? :razz:

no french attacker looked class against romania btw.

he seems very limited to me. he's fast, and quite a good dribbler, but for someone rated so highly, i'd expect to see a bit more. he seems very technically limited, and he doesn't have a vey good footballing brain.

i'm not saying he's a terrible player, but when a team such as romania sits back, and he cant use his pace he's not nearly as effective.

with france playing 2 dm's against romania, and malouda being shite, ribery was their only real hope of linking defence and attack, but he wasn't inventive enough or skillful enough to cause romania many problems.

i'm not saying he's a bad player, because lennon is a good player, but for someone who's constantly raved about, i'd rather have moutinho or quite a few others before him.

The Italy match was good too.

How unlucky was Luca Toni.. and not just for the blatantely onside goal.  He looked class, would be great in the Prem.

And the stadium in that match really made me think of Usa 94.

think he's scored over 40 goals this season, proper goalscorer like rvn and a big physical presence too.

Why the hell hasn't anyone been updating the title? Amateurs I tells ya. :razz:

Ribery was good tonight, impressed with him. The Dutch will take some stopping, at no point did they have anything other than a positive attitude towards the game. 1-0 up with half an hour to go, and they still had RvN, VdV, Sneijder, Van Persie and Robben all on the pitch at the same time. Quality stuff, that's what football is all about. Got to say though, the French keeper had a fucking mare.