The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you ask me, the players of the opposing team, during pelanties, should be allowed to run amok around the edge of the 18 yard box, dancing, and pulling stupid faces and shouting, to put the keeper off!

:rant:

Good stuff. Spain are like England/Newcastle, perennial underacheivers despite having all the tools to win. Italy are Liverpool - boring cunts who, even when they're dross, always win stuff, so I'm pleased for Spain.

Guest johnnyappleseed

Had a feeling when he came on that Guiza would miss a penalty, he just had a look to him.

i agree 100%. some players just have a look on their face before taking the penalty that you just know they are going to  miss ... it's like they are sucking on a lemon.

Well done Spain.  At last the football gods turn their back on negative, boring football.

:thup:

Bye bye Italy, you won't be missed.

Di Natale is a fucking joke who epitomises the shitty, slimy side of Italian football.

Ha ha ferking ha

Had a feeling when he came on that Guiza would miss a penalty, he just had a look to him.

i agree 100%. some players just have a look on their face before taking the penalty that you just know they are going to  miss ... it's like they are sucking on a lemon.

Agree as well but I thought Carzola the second penalty taker looked the same and was going to miss. Looked like he was about to cry.

Guest LucaAltieri

What did Di Natale do by the way? Missed bits of the game, apparently everyone in stadium hated him.

shagged his mam in the centre circle at half time

That was the most exciting bit tbh. Although it was probably unnecessary to do what he did with the corner flag.

What did Di Natale do by the way? Missed bits of the game, apparently everyone in stadium hated him.

Lost the ball and started rolling about, but was off the pitch so the ref didn't need to stop play and Spain looked in a promising counter attacking position. Di Natale then rolls back onto the pitch and the ref didn't see him roll onto the pitch so blew to stop play.

Agree as well but I thought Carzola the second penalty taker looked the same and was going to miss. Looked like he was about to cry.

lol that's what I thought. It was a good penalty too... I think that expression might be something people just do in Spain.. I remember Riquelme (I know he aint Spanish) taking a penalty for Villareal against Arsenal.. from his face you just knew he was going to miss... I thought that about Anelka and that Guiza guy...

If your going to be shit scared, why take one?

Guest teepee

spain still look pretty good, but i think germany will edge this. they've got a bit of what italy has, but with far greater cynicism.

Germany have always had the potential to be the most complete side of the tournament. Now that their manager seems to have stopped jerking them around, I think they'll hit their best form and go on to win.