The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fucking relieved Portugal are out like. The wankfest over these lot has just been weird. ???  They've passed it around nicely but they have not been that effective going forward. Like i said last week, they were never going to win this tournament without a decent striker. They were a couple of decent finishes from Gomes and Postiga, but Gomes' movement was non-existant throughout that game. The likes of Simao and Ronaldo were begging for someone to bounce off all game long and it just wasn't happening.

And btw - Madrid - that's the Ronaldo you're getting next season. Simply not as effective when he's tied to a more fixed position. The fact that they tried to put him directly in the middle when Gomes went off spoke volumes about the striker thing i was going on about, btw. It's what Portugal really, really crave.

Fucking relieved Portugal are out like. The wankfest over these lot has just been weird. ???  They've passed it around nicely but they have not been that effective going forward.

Couldn't believe it at the end when Tyldesley said "they've thrilled us over the last fortnight" - er... have they?

Simao and Bosingwa are complete horseshit.

Not one of your best posts.

He's almost right about Simao. He dithers and just doesn't produce really. Bosingwa on the other hand i thought was really good up against Lahm tonight, arguably Portugal's most effective player behind Deco (God i'd come if we got him). The pace he's got on the ball and the fast whip on his crossing is excellent; could be deadly if Drogba's getting on the end of them.

Commentator had a quick goodbye wank over Portugal at the end, they were good in the first game, average in the second and shit in the third, and lost tonight, nothing to cream yourself over by any means.

I believe that German chick is Schweinsteiger's girl

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dIW11X0NqcUm/610x.jpg

Stunning..

What about his girlfriend though?

Arf arf arf...

I believe that German chick is Schweinsteiger's girl

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dIW11X0NqcUm/610x.jpg

Stunning..

She blatantly fancies Hitzlsperger though.

Fucking relieved Portugal are out like. The wankfest over these lot has just been weird. ???  They've passed it around nicely but they have not been that effective going forward.

Couldn't believe it at the end when Tyldesley said "they've thrilled us over the last fortnight" - er... have they?

Those were my exact words. :thup:

Ronaldo was in the team, basically.

Also - Nani ffs? Every time i've seen him play this season, he's just looked... MEH. That is the definition. He was so massively hyped when he came, but he's honestly got zilch end product. (I'm going to totally contradict myself here, cos it was actually a very good cross for Postiga's header :iamatwat:), but other than that, honestly, his shooting, his crossing and his mazy runs just ended up nowhere. Infuriating yet sadistically pleasing at the same time. Pigeon chested twat.

Those were my exact words. :thup:

Ronaldo was in the team, basically.

Also - Nani ffs? Every time i've seen him play this season, he's just looked... MEH. That is the definition. He was so massively hyped when he came, but he's honestly got zilch end product. (I'm going to totally contradict myself here, cos it was actually a very good cross for Postiga's header :iamatwat:), but other than that, honestly, his shooting, his crossing and his mazy runs just ended up nowhere. Infuriating yet sadistically pleasing at the same time. Pigeon chested twat.

I still have a feeling like he may end up like Ronaldo, he looks very much the same player that Ronaldo did earlier.

I guess Scolari knew this was going to happen, it was on the BBC earlier today:

Portugal boss Luis Felipe Scolari fears his team's lack of inches could cost them against Germany. Their 5 ft 9 inch average height is three inches less than the Germans. Croatia and Greece average a lofty 6ft 1 inch a man (The Mirror).