The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest teepee

that engelaar has looked very good as well

Excellent game he's had. Classy midfelder with great prescence.

yep - could be be a realistic target?

28, plays for twente, not  a top club - looks just like what we need

Wasn't that good a save from Van Der Sar Clive you f***ing cocksucker.

How long before he somehow manages to crowbar a "one magical night in Barcelona" reference in, despite there being absolutely no relevance here whatsoever?  :lol:

I honestly despise him. How the fuck is he allowed on national TV.

Why's that bloke off Superman II, the 3rd baddy who is a mute, and has a beard, playing for Italy?

what the hells gannin' on?!?!?!  Lanky has escaped from general chat!!

And no one is doing shit about it.

Is there anything better than watching Italians get absolutely ripped to shreds in a major tournament? 

yeah.  Replace the Italians with the French.

:lol: :thup:

Only thing better would be watching England ripping the Italians or the French in a major tournament.

Some hope  :weep:

Guest f***thepress

Prediction ; Italy to win the tournament , Holland to self destruct by the quarter finals ...Cmon you blues !

Coach at Twente moved to Schalke and took Engelaar with him promptly, before anyone else came in for him after this tourney. The coach at Twente converted him to a DM from an AM, so he was loyal to him.

Italians are just so old.  Complete opposite of the Dutch tonight, but imagine how dour and boring that Italy-France game will be.  A bunch of old guys running around out there playing long balls.

"A player leaving the field of play because of his momentum during play, is not deemed to have left without the Referee's permission and can therefore re-enter without the Referee's permission. In this instance, although the defender is off the field of play, (and until he returns to the field of play), he should be deemed to be standing on the goal-line (in the field of play) when considering offside. The Assistant Referee should stand in line with the last opponent on the field of play (which in this case will probably be the defending goalkeeper). When deciding offside in this scenario, the two last defending opponents are the defender who has travelled off the field of play, and the defending player who is nearest to the goal line on the field of play (which in all probability will be the goalkeeper)."

Guest teepee

Coach at Twente moved to Schalke and took Engelaar with him promptly, before anyone else came in for him after this tourney. The coach at Twente converted him to a DM from an AM, so he was loyal to him.

argh, crap, didn't know that...

"A player leaving the field of play because of his momentum during play, is not deemed to have left without the Referee's permission and can therefore re-enter without the Referee's permission. In this instance, although the defender is off the field of play, (and until he returns to the field of play), he should be deemed to be standing on the goal-line (in the field of play) when considering offside. The Assistant Referee should stand in line with the last opponent on the field of play (which in this case will probably be the defending goalkeeper). When deciding offside in this scenario, the two last defending opponents are the defender who has travelled off the field of play, and the defending player who is nearest to the goal line on the field of play (which in all probability will be the goalkeeper)."

Wow ... and the so called experts in the studio didn't know this. How embarrassing.

Nice one. :thup:

Good to see ITV up to scratch with their laws of the game.

I know people have been going on about him on here for a good while, but tonight was the first time I saw VDV play, and I was mighty impressed with him. Lovely touch and vision, surely destined for a top club after the tournament?

I know people have been going on about him on here for a good while, but tonight was the first time I saw VDV play, and I was mighty impressed with him. Lovely touch and vision, surely destined for a top club after the tournament?

I think Sneijder's better.

Hmmm not sure, he's been highly rated for years now and went to Hamburg? I'm not 100% but I think they did well in the German league last season.