The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There were no real puddles though and I've seen games play on in much worse conditions before being called off. It simply wasn't that bad if you ask me. Agree to disagree though. :)

Nope, let's continue the argument. Too wet IMO.

Fucking pathetic watching the game played in that rain. Should have been called off (I know that would be a nightmare though).

Someone said that on the telly, and I disagree. If it'd carried on raining then maybe, but even by the time it stopped it wasn't close to being abandoned IMO. The ball still ran well enough in most places and the pitch wasn't cutting up at all. I'd have been surprised if it had been called off.

I was thinking that myself. And after half time you could see the ball was bouncing no bother so it was just heavy surface rain. The pitch wasn't waterlogged.

I was begging for someone to do a Klinsmann slide* after they'd scored. They'd have had to start from the penalty spot so as to not crash into the boards.

*Or a Stevie G slide, for little'uns

I was begging for someone to do a Klinsmann slide* after they'd scored. They'd have had to start from the penalty spot so as to not crash into the boards.

Is the Stevie G slide the thing he does when someone breathes on him in a penalty area?

Is the Stevie G slide the thing he does when someone breathes on him in a penalty area?

lmao.. PoTD

Whose in charge here? Title should have changed to Croatia vs Germany by now.

Not good enough. I didn't sign up to this board for such poor service. Step it up people.

Gomez has been unimpressive so far.

I was just about to ask how he was looking. He was a bit dissapointing in the first game. Looks like not much has changed.

Between Gomez, Gomis and Derdiyok, Derdiyok has looked the best so far, which is surprising. Although Gomis hasn't really played as much.

Guest Petay

Anyone who wants to see the affect a major tournament can have on a player's value need look no further than Podolski, he is a German Bellamy on the back of a couple of underwhelming seasons yet a couple of days ago 20m figures were being banded around for him after one good game and two goals.

Anyone who wants to see the affect a major tournament can have on a player's value need look no further than Podolski, he is a German Bellamy on the back of a couple of underwhelming seasons yet a couple of days ago 20m figures were being banded around for him after one good game and two goals.

Wait ... so are you saying Podolski is good or bad?

Guest Petay

Good but not great, he is Bellamy.  Even looks like him, can be class and has a good work ethic, can also have a real off day or season.

How is Modric looking? Still hiding in his own half in this game as specially instructed by Bilic?

Haven't heard his name in a while, but Germany have been holding on to the ball for long stretches.