Champions League Final 2008 won by Man Utd

Dave

Found 11p in my paddypower account so I had a nibble on Terry and ManYoo to win 2-1 at 300/1 :lol: I'll waste some more money on this later. Need to work out who I want to win, let alone who I think's going to.

Very excited for this, but it's probably going to be another huge let-down.

Praying for an early goal from Man Utd to make it interesting.

Definitely. I think it'll go to extra time tbh.

They showed some stats in one of the broadsheets yesterday that showed that Chelsea were far more attacking in Europe than they are in the Premiership, and surprisingly, Man Utd are more defensive in Europe than they are in the Premiership.

If you're worried about a team playing a defensive-minded game, worry about Man Utd.

They showed some stats in one of the broadsheets yesterday that showed that Chelsea were far more attacking in Europe than they are in the Premiership, and surprisingly, Man Utd are more defensive in Europe than they are in the Premiership.

If you're worried about a team playing a defensive-minded game, worry about Man Utd.

I don't think that logic really holds given that it's two premiership teams playing each other. I expect both of them to be fairly cagey tbh.

Think I'd prefer Chelsea to win this one.

Ballack and Chelsea 2-1 is 60/1.

Might have a nibble on that.

the exact bet i did for the league game worked very well then

What were the odds then mate?

Think I'd prefer Chelsea to win this one.

Ballack and Chelsea 2-1 is 60/1.

Might have a nibble on that.

the exact bet i did for the league game worked very well then

What were the odds then mate?

14/1 i think had a fiver on it nice little earner

I'd love to see Grant win it.

and then take off his suit revealing a T-shirt with 'Who Needs The Special One?' emblazoned upon it whilst cupping his ears and then mooning the Chelsea fans.

Man Utd were dreadfully negative against Barcelona. Turned one of the most anticipated contests in the world into a real snoozefest.

Man Utd were dreadfully negative against Barcelona. Turned one of the most anticipated contests in the world into a real snoozefest.

The fact Barca can't score for toffee didn't help, like.

I think United go more defensive in europe because they have so many attacking players who can't defend, it's like 6 going forward at once and this is fine in the premership or against lesser teams but against the likes of Barca and chelsea they have to play 4-5-1 so they don't get exploited by the big gaps they leave. I hope to god they don't play 4-5-1 because ronaldo will up front on his own and that just doesn't work but I can see it happen tonight at least for the first half.

I think part of the reason they're defensive is because you can't afford to concede goals in Europe, especially in the knockout competitions. Away goals would have killed them against Lyon and Barca, so they were almost forced to play a defensive game. Last year, they tried to be attacking and Milan (well, Kaka) carved them up way too easily so Fergie must have learnt from that (and credit to him).

But today, since there's no reason to be defensive, I'm really hoping they play like they do normally because there will be fuck all difference between losing 3-0 and 1-0. They have to go for it. But anyway, I'm hoping they get bummed. Furiously.

I think they go more defensive in Europe because it gets them to Champions' League finals, personally.

But ho-hum!

They've only gotten to a couple like, it's not like they're perennially good in the Champions League. If anything, they've underachieved in Ferguson's time there, given how consistently good they've been in that time.

I think they go more defensive in Europe because it gets them to Champions' League finals, personally.

But ho-hum!

I think what probably annoys people more is they are capable of playing brilliant football, and we here all the time what an attacking team they are and how they boast such attacking prowess. Yet when they don't play like that it annoys people.

But ho-hum!

They've only gotten to a couple like, it's not like they're perennially good in the Champions League. If anything, they've underachieved in Ferguson's time there, given how consistently good they've been in that time.

This season is the only one where they've really played "defensively", for me.

It's not great to watch, of course, but it's fucking worked for them.