Sebastian Larsson - agent confirms NUFC interest

Captain Underpants

He also would be an upgrade from Emre, dangerous free-kicks etc and young/upcoming.

Anyone who can play 3+ games in a season would be an upgrade on Emre.

Inevitable FYP.

Guest koye

Larsson would be great! Brilliant at set pieces, and that's exactly what we need! I'm fed up with Geremi, what was he thinking when he tried a shot against Petr Cech from 40y a month a go.....? :doh:

From what I have seen of Larsson, I'd say he has similar attributes and ability to Geremi, albeit fitter but with less experience. I'd be happy with that to be honest, especially if the amiable Geremi stays around to compete and teach him a few tricks.

When Geremi missed games last season, the team ethic and team discipline at NUFC was almost completely eradicated. Given Geremi's fitness troubles, I can see why we'd want Larsson.

However, because of the similarities, I can't see many of the Geremi haters taking to Larsson either.

that's how i see it. he's an ok player but i would've wanted us to get better for first XI positions. I actually think he is better than Barton and it means we can now get rid of him if we want to. he's also young and likely to get better, and is good at set-pieces, which are other bonuses. i'm not against this transfer by any means but i hope if we buy other midfielders that they are top quality rather than okayish.

getting the midfield right is all about balance. if we are playing a midfield 3 then ideally you'd have a box-to-box who perhaps chips in with a few goals and also does lots of hard work off the ball, a defensive midfielder who can start off attacks like Butt, and an attacking midfielder. Larsson most likely fits the former category, but he is quite slight and not too fast, so if he is starting, the other two positions will have to be filled with physically intimidating and mobile players in order to get the balance right. though it is easier to find these qualities in Larsson's position imo, someone like Emana who we've also been linked with is a good example.

BBC reckon he will start for Sweden tomorrow against Greece.

He won't, Swedish papers are all saying it'll be Ljungberg/Wilhelmsson on the wings.

I'd be livid if I supported Sweden, tbh, Larsson is better than both of them and the only reason he is not playing is because he's too young.

He won't, Swedish papers are all saying it'll be Ljungberg/Wilhelmsson on the wings.

I'd be livid if I supported Sweden, tbh, Larsson is better than both of them and the only reason he is not playing is because he's too young.

That Whilelmsson fella hasn't really managed to do too much at any of the clubs he's been at but still seems to get in ahead of Larsson. Must be frustrating. Definitely a seniorty thing it seems.

That Whilelmsson fella hasn't really managed to do too much at any of the clubs he's been at but still seems to get in ahead of Larsson. Must be frustrating. Definitely a seniorty thing it seems.

I wanted Larsson to start but he wont, and speaking of wilhelmsson he's done pretty well for Deportivo.

Guest Jawesome

I wonder why he won't start for Sweden.  Is that because he isn't good enough?  That Wilhelmsson didn't look too good for Bolton like, and if Larsson can't oust him....

I wonder why he won't start for Sweden.  Is that because he isn't good enough?  That Wilhelmsson didn't look too good for Bolton like, and if Larsson can't oust him....

I guess it's because Lagerbäck doesn't want to take any chances and will go with the same players that have played the most in recent years. And thrust me, Wilhelmsson is better than he showed at Bolton, for sure.

But i cannot understand Lagerbäck choosing Daniel Andersson in the first eleven, shocking (Källström on the bench)

I guess it's because Lagerbäck doesn't want to take any chances and will go with the same players that have played the most in recent years. And thrust me, Wilhelmsson is better than he showed at Bolton, for sure.

But i cannot understand Lagerbäck choosing Daniel Andersson in the first eleven, shocking (Källström on the bench)

Wilhelmsson is playing because he's older and more experienced, he's nowhere near the quality of Larsson IMO.

Lagerbäck has always seemed to have something against Källström, he always seems to manage to find an excuse not to play him.

How come you don't support Sweden?

Wilhelmson has looked good whenever I've seen him tbf, as TCD says. Would have thought he'd offer more than Ljungberg at this point in their careers though.

Guest Heneage

I can't believe Brum are expecting more than £4M considering their position, with big wages on the books and no Premier League status. Brilliant businessmen/women (That brady lass if she's there) they have.

I can't believe Brum are expecting more than £4M considering their position, with big wages on the books and no Premier League status. Brilliant businessmen/women (That brady lass if she's there) they have.

You're right, they should really just accept the first offer that comes along and be thankful for getting anything, the mad bastards.

Guest Heneage

Well I believe theres us City and Wigan, the other 2 haven't made an offer, remember as my Old man says "Something is only worth what peoples prepared to pay."

Wilhelmson has looked good whenever I've seen him tbf, as TCD says. Would have thought he'd offer more than Ljungberg at this point in their careers though.

Cause I support England.

Well I believe theres us City and Wigan, the other 2 haven't made an offer, remember as my Old man says "Something is only worth what peoples prepared to pay."

I'd say there's a fair chance that our offer remains on the table and they're looking to see if they can squeeze more from us or maybe someone else.

Also, odds are that they'd much prefer to hang onto him as he'd be a massive asset to them next season in the Championship, and promotion is worth so much these days. If someone wants him they'll have to pay what Brum want most likely.

Cause I support England.

Was under the impression you were Swedish, have I pulled that out of thin air or do you live there now or what?

Rather confused at this point. :lol:

Towelie has a very British name iirc.

Forgive my ignorance btw, but I once read somewhere that in Sweden, children take their surnames from their fathers, so Anders son is called Andersson etc.

So if Towelie has a child in Sweden would he be called Towelieson, or is there a work around these days?

Cause I support England.

Was under the impression you were Swedish, have I pulled that out of thin air or do you live there now or what?

Rather confused at this point. :lol:

Me mam's Swedish and me dad's English, I live in Sweden.

Hope that clears things up O0

Towelie has a very British name iirc.

Forgive my ignorance btw, but I once read somewhere that in Sweden, children take their surnames from their fathers, so Anders son is called Andersson etc.

So if Towelie has a child in Sweden would he be called Towelieson, or is there a work around these days?

Nope, used to be like that a long time ago, like in the middle-ages or something like that (history is not my best subject :razz:).

Pretty sure Iceland still uses that system though.