Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Guest DazzaNufc1892

no great surprise to any of us really is it, moved for religious reasons, hope the lad goes on and does well, never did us any harm playing wise or morale wise, thanks for the effort

religious reasons?

yeah, do apologise, dont have all the facts, was told in january, think i mentioned it then, he wanted to move back due to religious reasons, the fella i was talking to didnt mention what they were

yeah, do apologise, dont have all the facts, was told in january, think i mentioned it then, he wanted to move back due to religious reasons, the fella i was talking to didnt mention what they were

That sounds like a load of shite from the fella you were talking to.

That sounds like a load of shite from the fella you were talking to.

Great, we lose our only really creative midfielder; and also possibly a blow to our bid in bringing Arda Turan to the Toon.

Wonderful.

We need Arshavin or someone of that calibre to come in to replace, and fast.  I was worried by Kev's comments about "actually, we have a strong base here, it might be okay."  Not what we need to hear. 

Great, we lose our only really creative midfielder; and also possibly a blow to our bid in bringing Arda Turan to the Toon.

Wonderful.

We need Arshavin or someone of that calibre to come in to replace, and fast.  I was worried by Kev's comments about "actually, we have a strong base here, it might be okay."  Not what we need to hear. 

He's not creative, never has been.

Wonderful.

Emre or Arshavin?

Bye Emre.  Thanks for that free kick against the mackems.  Shame you never played.

Now we might want to seriously turn our attention to getting some midfielders in.  Because at the moment we are down to two dull as dishwater, talent deficient grandads (Geremi & Butt) and one felon. 

Wonderful.

Emre or Arshavin?

Emre.

Wonderful.

What else is he going to say, 'all my players are shite, I would sell them all if I could'?

Fact is he's stuck with a bunch of overpaid underperformers who no-one is going to buy, he's not going to have them playing any better if he rubbishes them in the media.

If it's true Emre is gone for a respectable fee its a great result for both him and the club. I think it became very clear he isn't what we need, and that he was never going function very well in the current squad.

Wonderful.

Never has been.  Have you seen what he did at Galatasary (sp?) and for Turkey

He is like a god over there for a reason!

Just damn injuries.  To say he was not creative is teh same as saying Rui Costa or Del Piero was neither

They are all worshipped in their respective countries!

Wonderful.

Just damn injuries.  To say he was not creative is teh same as saying Rui Costa or Del Piero was neither

You're comparing Emre with Rui Costa and Del Piero?

Wonderful.

In a sense of their popularity in their respective countries - yes.  you would argue against that?  have you looked at Emre's career prior Newcastle - i might add [souness, Roeder and Allarydce] football??

Wonderful.

If you've seen him playing for Turkey - with the whole team set up to play football on the ground and having speedy frontmen (Nihat in particularly) - you will see that Emre is an immensely gifted footballer. Shame that he came after SBR had gone and was stuck with the three idiots for the majority of his time here. I'll always rate him as a footballer so it's a real shame that he was so prone to injury.

Guest Heneage

EXACTLY!

He comes on having hardly played all season, scores a belter and sets one up. You give this lad a run of games not "3 here 2there" in a system thats suits the lad like at Turkey with fast strikers (Oba, Diane) he'll be considered one of the best midfielders in the league, look at him against Chelsea last year, he had the beating of Lampard on numerous occassions.

Emre hasnt even had a chance to play under keegan yet either ...>>> fuck me i think this is stupid.  We would allways get that transfer fee from turkey.... Why not try and let him come good under keegan.

Guest alijmitchell

Well hopefully this means we have someone lined up to come in soon to replace Mr. Belozoglu.

Massive dissapointment was Emre, because he had genuine ability. Pretty disgraceful effort from him overall.

Nicely summed up.

Should be put on his NUFC footballing gravestone

If only everyone spoke this much sense eh?

Will be little missed if true - had ability, but never consistent and disappeared in away matches.

Never totally convinced by him despite odd flashes of brilliance.

Unfortunately, these comments can be applied to several other Newcastle players.....!

Guest FenerbahceWorldwide

Hey guys, I'm Nathan - the Editor of www.fenerbahceworldwide.org - the English/Turkish/Portugese fan site for Fenerbahce.  And no, I'm not Turkish.  I made a few calls earlier tonight and this appears to be 90% official, if not more.  I spoke with some contacts at the club and it does appear to be that Emre has the final say, however, it does appear to be a done-deal.  One reason is that Fenerbahce NEVER confirms a deal on their website until it is official.  In fact, they have a history of denying deals up until the last minute.  The club denied any contact with Roberto Carlos just days before we signed him, although we had been negotiating for over a year. 

I'm not sure why the English media hasn't taken off with this yet.  It's certainly all over the Turkish news.  I think all of us Fener fans are a bit shocked, to be honest.  Yes, Emre was a star at our rivals, Galatasaray, but he has also made some comments in the past that led us to believe he would never, ever come to Fener.  To the previous poster, don't expect Galatasaray to try to match the Fener deal.  It's not a knock on Galatasaray, but they don't have the money to compete in the transfer market.  It's a shame really, as they are still a fantastic club and the reigning champs in Turkey.

I'll post more details on the deal as soon as I hear more from credible sources.  I am really sorry that you guys had to hear the news from the Turkish media.  Newcastle is still one of the world's great clubs - don't worry too much.  You have too much history and success to sweat losing one player like Emre.