Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Guest neesy111

There wouldn´t be a point in keeping such a player, except your description doesn´t really apply to Emre. He has played over 25 games a season on average for us, scored and created more goals than any of our other central midfield players in his time here and played at his best when the pressure was on, scoring some important, matchwinning goals in the process..

I don't think Emre has played 75 games for us and he's been here for 3 seasons.

You´re right. It was 76. Another myth disspelled..

Aye, but he didn't play an average of 25 games a season and technically Parker scored more goals than him over the two seasons he was here, so it's swings and roundabouts I'm afraid.

How does 76 appearances in 3 seasons not compute to `over 25 games a season on average`? Fair enough about the goals I guess, although it must be close. At least with Emre there was a chance of a central midfielder scoring, which is more than can be said of the likes of Smith.

I prefer to use the total minutes played rather than just the "20 games, 5 sub appearances" method, personally, as it gives a more accurate reflection. With that, he managed just under 20 games a season on average.

I like the bloke as well and appreciate his talent in the same way that you do, to be honest, I don't think you can be accused of not supporting the club for being sad to see him go and for wanting to see an accurate portrayal of his time here rather than the "he was crap and always injured!!!" rubbish some have posted.

I just hope we replace him effectively, 'cos as you say the creativity levels in our midfield are dangerously low now.

Ok, I appreciate you dug up the figures to prove that the `always injured´ line doesn´t really hold. He has been injured quite (to) frequently though, especially the last season, and I think that may have distorted peoples´ views somewhat (short memories). Personally, I don´t think his total minutes per season average will be much lower than other first team players though. 20 full 90 minute games a season isn´t that bad surely?

20 is dreadful u expect your best players to play in every game they are available for

how many did ronaldo play this season 60+

There wouldn´t be a point in keeping such a player, except your description doesn´t really apply to Emre. He has played over 25 games a season on average for us, scored and created more goals than any of our other central midfield players in his time here and played at his best when the pressure was on, scoring some important, matchwinning goals in the process..

Aye, but he didn't play an average of 25 games a season and technically Parker scored more goals than him over the two seasons he was here, so it's swings and roundabouts I'm afraid.

How does 76 appearances in 3 seasons not compute to `over 25 games a season on average`? Fair enough about the goals I guess, although it must be close. At least with Emre there was a chance of a central midfielder scoring, which is more than can be said of the likes of Smith.

can you get it he played 57 games for the club, not ur made up figure of 76 games, like every fucker on this thread is saying

He? Strange definition. So would you say Kazenga Lua Lua has never played a game for Newcastle because he´s never started for us?

I prefer to use the total minutes played rather than just the "20 games, 5 sub appearances" method, personally, as it gives a more accurate reflection. With that, he managed just under 20 games a season on average.

I like the bloke as well and appreciate his talent in the same way that you do, to be honest, I don't think you can be accused of not supporting the club for being sad to see him go and for wanting to see an accurate portrayal of his time here rather than the "he was crap and always injured!!!" rubbish some have posted.

I just hope we replace him effectively, 'cos as you say the creativity levels in our midfield are dangerously low now.

Ok, I appreciate you dug up the figures to prove that the `always injured´ line doesn´t really hold. He has been injured quite (to) frequently though, especially the last season, and I think that may have distorted peoples´ views somewhat (short memories). Personally, I don´t think his total minutes per season average will be much lower than other first team players though. 20 full 90 minute games a season isn´t that bad surely?

20 is dreadful u expect your best players to play in every game they are available for

how many did ronaldo play this season 60+

Our first team doesn´t even play that many. You can only play in games that your team plays in you know.

20 full games for every player would mean we needed more than 2 full first teams just to get through the league games, add possible cup runs and we'd need something like 60 players.

If you include FA Cup games, Carling Cup games, UEFA Cup, Intertoto Cup - they all add up, your looking at near on 45 games a season if not more. To be playing less than half is not good enough for a creative midfielder in the PL.

I don't know how anyone can argue Emre isn't a crock :lol:

Btw Milner is actually the fastest player in the premiership. He once beat someone in a race to the ball so this is fact.

20 full games for every player would mean we needed more than 2 full first teams just to get through the league games, add possible cup runs and we'd need something like 60 players.

Isn´t it common knowledge that a self respecting club needs two full squads (2 players for every position) to realistically compete in all competitions? He wasn´t always picked to play either (benched, subs), so to figure in over 25 games a season as a supposed crock doesn´t sound so bad to me. Certainly not worse than the likes of Dyer and Owen.

Btw Milner is actually the fastest player in the premiership. He once beat someone in a race to the ball so this is fact.

same here.  Crazy!  As for the reported £8m, it would be magic!  But I'll believe it when I see it.

£4m for Ameobi (plus loan fee)

A buyer for Rozy

£6m+ for Emre

Wise = Hero.

Wise = Legend if he can get £7m combined for Smith & Duff.

Dyer and Owen are crocks aswell :lol:

That´s right, but in the case of all 3 players I think it´s fair to say it´s sometimes better to have a crock capable of doing something when he´s fit than to have a super fit player raring to go every match but who doesn´t have the required quality. Anyway, if we get good money I will feel this is a good deal, providing we replace him with someone better.

Speaking of crocks, that crock Upson made 33 starts this season! Come to think of it... so did that other crock Woodgate!

O0

There's no way on God's Earth anyone will pay £8m for him... is there? ???

Is it not 8 million Euros they're talking about? (£5.5M was the figure mentioned on the Turkish sites, I think.)

That´s right, but in the case of all 3 players I think it´s fair to say it´s sometimes better to have a crock capable of doing something when he´s fit than to have a super fit player raring to go every match but who doesn´t have the required quality. Anyway, if we get good money I will feel this is a good deal, providing we replace him with someone better.

Just about like, but i'd rather have neither and that's what i hope this summer is about.

Good start getting him off our books, now for the super fit one (Smith).

Real paid £15 million for a crocked Woodgate.

That price goes up every time someone posts it :lol:

It was about £9m rising to £13.4m depending on certain factors which I am 99% sure were not reached.

Janitor, meh! :lol:

Real paid £15 million for a crocked Woodgate.

That price goes up every time someone posts it :lol:

It was about £9m rising to £13.4m depending on certain factors which I am 99% sure were not reached.

Janitor, meh! :lol:

I heard it was £35m, rising to £50m if dancing clowns took over the world - we're still hoping Bush and Brown get their way.

Just about like, but i'd rather have neither and that's what i hope this summer is about.

Good start getting him off our books, now for the super fit one (Smith).

I think we all agree there!  :thup:

same here.  Crazy!  As for the reported £8m, it would be magic!  But I'll believe it when I see it.

A buyer for Rozy

£6m+ for Emre

Wise = Hero.

I really really doubt wise is anyway near talks with other chairmen over transfer fees

A buyer for Rozy

£6m+ for Emre

Wise = Hero.

is it not just as much to do with Jimenez?  Isn't the 'negotiator' or whatever, so it'd be him saying "we want £8m, not a penny less?" or even Mort?

the whole thing still confuses me...

Yeah the whole thing was just a bit of  :razz: tbh, i haven't a clue who does what anymore, but at least it isn't all down to just one guy, its a start and as long as they all know who does what then it should work out well.