Mikel Arteta

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wasn't he pretty rubbish for the latter part of the season?

struggling with injuries iirc?

sign him!

Pretty sure 1878 wasn't right impressed with him.

yeah i seem to remember him saying he thought he wanted away like and was being difficult because of it, i've always liked him as a player and we obviously need a few like him, i'd be surprised if he came here though, he must have better options by now (sorry NE5)

How unrealistic is this, 1878?

Very. Assuming we're up for selling I think it would be for a big price and to a Spanish club, not another English club. Also, no offence but I really don't think he'd consider moving to Newcastle anyway. If he leaves us it would only be to a better team or a Spanish team who are roughly on a par.

Wasn't he pretty rubbish for the latter part of the season?

struggling with injuries iirc?

sign him!

Pretty sure 1878 wasn't right impressed with him.

Yeah, he never had a good season but he's still a quality player at the end of the day. I wasn't that impressed with his attitude and sceptical about the on/off niggling injuries but he's ended up having an operation now that the season is finished so there must have been something in it.  :blush:

Imagine actually having someone capable of taking corners.

Who?

Cause it's not Arteta, his corners are fucking diabolical! Much grumbling when he steps up for a dead ball these days. When he was injured Manuel Fernandes' delivery was brilliant.

I like Arteta, but if he wasn't injured all the time I'd rather have Cahill.  Neither likely to happen though.

Imagine actually having someone capable of taking corners.

Who?

Cause it's not Arteta, his corners are fucking diabolical! Much grumbling when he steps up for a dead ball these days. When he was injured Manuel Fernandes' delivery was brilliant.

Fucking diabolical > what we've had for years. :lol:

Guest Stephen927

What is going in with Fernandes btw?

On loan at Everton, think Moyes is trying to extend the loan or reach an agreement with his third party owners.

What is going in with Fernandes btw?

No idea. I hope we sign him but I doubt we will, not much noise being made about it.

We'll probably try and loan him again and get told to piss off.

Both times here's been here he's gotten fit and started coming into his own at the end of the loan period, I'd love to see how well he does if he signed and got a proper pre-season training under his belt. He'd be quality.

Who?

Cause it's not Arteta, his corners are f***ing diabolical! Much grumbling when he steps up for a dead ball these days. When he was injured Manuel Fernandes' delivery was brilliant.

Who took your corners and free kicks against us at Goodison?  I've got to admit that I thought every one was a danger to our defence.

Guest elpapi

Not meaning to poach your potential players (because obvious I have that power) but how do you think he would do in a 4-3-3 set up?

OMG!!!!111!!!!!!! Worse than Gerrard, this guy!!! How dare you even ask!

Who?

Cause it's not Arteta, his corners are f***ing diabolical! Much grumbling when he steps up for a dead ball these days. When he was injured Manuel Fernandes' delivery was brilliant.

Who took your corners and free kicks against us at Goodison?  I've got to admit that I thought every one was a danger to our defence.

Pretty sure it was Fernandes on most of them. He really whips them in well, loads of pace.  :thup:

Not meaning to poach your potential players (because obvious I have that power) but how do you think he would do in a 4-3-3 set up?

He'd probably be perfectly suited for that system. He's a centre mid but Moyes has played him on the right wing too.

So don't poach him.  :nope:

Pretty sure it was Fernandes on most of them. He really whips them in well, loads of pace.  :thup:

I was shitting every time we gave something away in our half.