Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

haha, you never give up do you. Halls must be pretty stupid to let someone else run his business, almost as stupid as someone who doesn't understand such a fairly basic point.

We'll see if Ashley matches with Keegan what the Halls and Shepherd did. Do you want a wager on it ?

Ashley has already done something which the previous owners couldn't have done, they managed to get Keegan back.

no, the old board also appointed Keegan.

2nd attempt. Do you think Keegan will do under Ashley that he did under the Halls and Shepherd. Do you want a wager on it ?

Also, see my sig. YOU didn't want him back either  mackems.gif

I don't, because the league is a lot harder now than it was when he came in first time...nowt to do with the board, funds made available, tactics, etc.

were you confident that  shepherd was going to bring the chapions league and top 4 finishes back ?

He's too chicken to answer this question.

you're like a little lapdog Ozzie lad, always getting under somebody's feet

haha, you never give up do you. Halls must be pretty stupid to let someone else run his business, almost as stupid as someone who doesn't understand such a fairly basic point.

We'll see if Ashley matches with Keegan what the Halls and Shepherd did. Do you want a wager on it ?

Ashley has already done something which the previous owners couldn't have done, they managed to get Keegan back.

2nd attempt. Do you think Keegan will do under Ashley that he did under the Halls and Shepherd. Do you want a wager on it ?

I don't, because the league is a lot harder now than it was when he came in first time...nowt to do with the board, funds made available, tactics, etc.

rubbish. Same teams. Same league. Its changed for everybody. You beat your competition, or you don't.

rubbish. Same teams. Same league. Its changed for everybody. You beat your competition, or you don't.

In 1995, if we'd bid £15m or whatever the equivalent was in 1993-6 (say £6m?) for Modric, and £9m for Woodgate (say £4m 12 years ago?), Keegan would have signed them hands down...someone like Spurs wouldn't have had the cash to match it...as well as clubs like Portsmouth, Villa, Blackburn, Man City also being able to spend similar amounts on alternative targets.

No, on this point you're wrong.

In 1995, if we'd bid £15m or whatever the equivalent was in 1993-6 (say £6m?) for Modric, and £9m for Woodgate (say £4m 12 years ago?), Keegan would have signed them hands down...someone like Spurs wouldn't have had the cash to match it...as well as clubs like Portsmouth, Villa, Blackburn, Man City also being able to spend similar amounts on alternative targets.

rubbish. Why didn't they offer it then ? Are you saying our new soopa board isn't as powerful comparatively as the old one ? Are you saying they aren;t competing with our rivals ? Are you saying that clubs such as pompey are competing at a higher level than Newcastle, despite our soopa dooper new owner, soopa mike, who would show everybody just how rubbish the old lot were ?

When do you think we will start showing we are bigger than these clubs again ?

No, on this point you're wrong.

you beat your competition or you don't . Whats incorrect about it ?

so Soopa mike has made a mistake bringing Keegan back and not looking for a top flight manager ?

rubbish. Why didn't they offer it then ?

We offered more did we not?

Are you saying our new soopa board isn't as powerful comparatively as the old one ?

Nope, I'm saying the new soopa doopa boards at other clubs who also have soopa doopa rich owners are much more powerful comparatively as their old ones, therefore the competition in the market place is 10 times harder than 10-12 years ago.

Are you saying they aren;t competing with our rivals ? Are you saying that clubs such as pompey are competing at a higher level than Newcastle,

Had we appointed Redknapp rather than Keegan, it's probably 90% likely Lassana Diarra would have came here rather than Pompey, so that's nothing to do with board level. And we also signed Gutierrez ahead of Portsmouth too, so yes, we're competing.

despite our soopa dooper new owner, soopa mike, who would show everybody just how rubbish the old lot were ?

Sorry you've lost me.

When the MANAGEMENT are able to attract bigger players here again.

rubbish. Why didn't they offer it then ?

We offered more did we not?

Are you saying our new soopa board isn't as powerful comparatively as the old one ?

Nope, I'm saying the new soopa doopa boards at other clubs who also have soopa doopa rich owners are much more powerful comparatively as their old ones, therefore the competition in the market place is 10 times harder than 10-12 years ago.

Are you saying they aren;t competing with our rivals ? Are you saying that clubs such as pompey are competing at a higher level than Newcastle,

Had we appointed Redknapp rather than Keegan, it's probably 90% likely Lassana Diarra would have came here rather than Pompey, so that's nothing to do with board level. And we also signed Gutierrez ahead of Portsmouth too, so yes, we're competing.

despite our soopa dooper new owner, soopa mike, who would show everybody just how rubbish the old lot were ?

Sorry you've lost me.

When the MANAGEMENT are able to attract bigger players here again.

Are you saying we'd have s

what about 5 years ago ? Did they overcome these insurmountable odds or not ?

so Soopa mike has made a mistake bringing Keegan back and not looking for a top flight manager ?

No I don't. But people can't just expect him to click his fingers like he did first time around and convince people to sign for us. Much more competition now both at boardroom level in terms of money, and managerial quality at other clubs. He'll sign good quality players, but he'll also lose a few too.

The old board did bring Keegan here, I think it was the idea of George Forbes as he gets the credit from Peter Malinger who was on the board at that time and Bob Young credited Forbes a while ago in the Journal.  Keegan said that he wouldn't have come back under the old board when questioned soon after his arrival this time.

As for Keegan doing better, I can't really see it because the league is much stronger now than it was when he was last here, I'll put a wager on that he doesn't, no problem.

As for your sig, I actually said:

"I think Keegan would be a daft option, he's been here and done the best he could.

I don't think he'd do any better second time round and possibly ruin his reputation amongst the fans."

I still think that and he wouldn't have been my choice when Allardyce was sacked but I'll still support him because of what he's done in the past.  And I think he's the best manager we've had since Bobby was sacked.

rubbish. Why didn't they offer it then ? Are you saying our new soopa board isn't as powerful comparatively as the old one ? Are you saying they aren;t competing with our rivals ? Are you saying that clubs such as pompey are competing at a higher level than Newcastle, despite our soopa dooper new owner, soopa mike, who would show everybody just how rubbish the old lot were ?

bluelaugh.gif

Again, Spurs, Portsmouth, Aston Villa & Man City are much richer than even 2 years ago, nevermind 5 years ago. While the big four keep pulling away too.

All the PL clubs are much richer - so are we & the big 4 have pulled away. FS couldn't take us further, SJH said MA was the man. Up to this point he hasn't showed it. We got to be The Entertainers by speculating when KK was in charge & we were a team players wanted to join.  You accept that others clubs are a bigger attraction than us. So, in the absence of having to pay over the odds for top players to imporve us just how do you think we are going to improve?

Please don't say give it 2 or 3 years and let the new policy of young cheap players kick; that is not going to happen unless we improve the first 11 now & that will take money.

Again, Spurs, Portsmouth, Aston Villa & Man City are much richer than even 2 years ago, nevermind 5 years ago. While the big four keep pulling away too.

All the PL clubs are much richer - so are we & the big 4 have pulled away. FS couldn't take us further, SJH said MA was the man. Up to this point he hasn't showed it. We got to be The Entertainers by speculating when KK was in charge & we were a team players wanted to join.  You accept that others clubs are a bigger attraction than us. So, in the absence of having to pay over the odds for top players to imporve us just how do you think we are going to improve?

Please don't say give it 2 or 3 years and let the new policy of young cheap players kick; that is not going to happen unless we improve the first 11 now & that will take money.

No I don't think they're more attractive than us. Just genuine competition. We'll get players they want, and they'll get players we want.

Ashley paid off £70 million and has had £25 million of failed bids for players while not having sponsorship income to spend, he's doing his best to bring about an improvement.

I can't understand how you can say that he hasn't shown it yet.  He's already said that he's not in it for the money so the extra cash that the club now has by not servicing debt is available to spend on whatever the club wants.

No I don't think they're more attractive than us. Just genuine competition. We'll get players they want, and they'll get players we want.

Ok, if we think we are as attractive as those clubs mentioned then we have a problem. They got to overtake us by spending money & we seem to believe that we can catch up as we are on a level playing field & don't have to go that extra mile. That will get us to the position where we have the money & can not spend it as players will not come.

Kaboul's agent's comment about him going to the Mackems should serve as a warning. Big ground, loyal fans but wouldn't be seen dead there. Yes, Sunderland may be a shit hole but Newcastle isn't the height sophistication & vogue & given a choice of which city to live in & proximity to London we are way down the list.

were you confident that  shepherd was going to bring the chapions league and top 4 finishes back ?

but i notice you didn't answer the question.

Ashley paid off £70 million and has had £25 million of failed bids for players while not having sponsorship income to spend, he's doing his best to bring about an improvement.

I can't understand how you can say that he hasn't shown it yet.  He's already said that he's not in it for the money so the extra cash that the club now has by not servicing debt is available to spend on whatever the club wants.

I think this has been mentioned but you do believe only what you choose too. I'm happy to accept those bids (in fact I do believe them; I'm happy to believe facts and will consider a lot of soundly based speculation until proven incorrect) if you also accept that  we have been in for others & have lost out due to personal terms. I'd say that if we had secured Modric for say 14 million do you think that we'd still have 11 million to spend?

I think this has been mentioned but you do believe only what you choose too. I'm happy to accept those bids (in fact I do believe them; I'm happy to believe facts and will consider a lot of soundly based speculation until proven incorrect) if you also accept that  we have been in for others & have lost out due to personal terms. I'd say that if we had secured Modric for say 14 million do you think that we'd still have 11 million to spend?

I will believe what is known to be true, until press speculation is confirmed then it's baseless shite.  I can't understand how anybody can take the stance that "consider a lot of soundly based speculation until proven incorrect."  Somebody asked the idiot on the Blackburn Forum about his ratio of stories coming true, I think he said 1 in 20 yet people still read the papers and take what they say as fact when even they admit that they have a record of getting 95% wrong.

As for the figures you've mentioned, they are nothing more than a stab in the dark.  Nobody has mentioned how much we have to spend other than what we have actually bid or spent.

If it is anything like last year then we'll make money available for players at the right price.  We’ll not get to a figure then stop buying, we’ll buy who the manager wants as long as we’re not having to pay more for him than we think he’s worth.

I will believe what is known to be true, until press speculation is confirmed then it's baseless s****.  I can't understand how anybody can take the stance that "consider a lot of soundly based speculation until proven incorrect."  Somebody asked the idiot on the Blackburn Forum about his ratio of stories coming true, I think he said 1 in 20 yet people still read the papers and take what they say as fact when even they admit that they have a record of getting 95% wrong.

As for the figures you've mentioned, they are nothing more than a stab in the dark.  Nobody has mentioned how much we have to spend other than what we have actually bid or spent.

If it is anything like last year then we'll make money available for players at the right price.  Well not get to a figure then stop buying, well buy who the manager wants as long as were not having to pay more for him than we think hes worth.

We'll get whats left, that's what happened last year & we ended up paying good wages for shit. I can't believe that you are saying we ended up buying players at the right price.

If we didn't live in a world where people did consider soundly based speculation we'd still be living in caves. You can't compare this with the clown Nicko who seemingly makes up stories for his own personal kudos and vip status on the site.

I have just seen Kaboul arrive at Sunderland's training ground, if he does sign then money certainly does talk after what his agent said & shows ambition and money from the Mackems. Given what he said Keane deserves a medal for even getting Kaboul to travel up.

i answered this earlier. Do you think Ashley will do better than the Halls and Shepherd with the same manager ?

i answered this earlier. Do you think Ashley will do better than the Halls and Shepherd with the same manager ?

I don't, but the situations are completely different.. thats a ridiculous comparison.