Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

were you confident that  shepherd was going to bring the chapions league and top 4 finishes back ?

He's too chicken to answer this question.

you're like a little lapdog Ozzie lad, always getting under somebody's feet

but i notice you didn't answer the question.

i answered this earlier. Do you think Ashley will do better than the Halls and Shepherd with the same manager ?

It's a hypothetical question because you don't know what Ashley would have been like with that sort of money 12-15 years ago when not many other clubs were spending as much.

All the PL clubs are much richer - so are we & the big 4 have pulled away. FS couldn't take us further, SJH said MA was the man. Up to this point he hasn't showed it. We got to be The Entertainers by speculating when KK was in charge & we were a team players wanted to join.  You accept that others clubs are a bigger attraction than us. So, in the absence of having to pay over the odds for top players to imporve us just how do you think we are going to improve?

Please don't say give it 2 or 3 years and let the new policy of young cheap players kick; that is not going to happen unless we improve the first 11 now & that will take money.

Ashley paid off £70 million and has had £25 million of failed bids for players while not having sponsorship income to spend,   he's doing his best to bring about an improvement.

haha, ironically rich, even for you.

were you confident that  shepherd was going to bring the chapions league and top 4 finishes back ?

i answered this earlier. Do you think Ashley will do better than the Halls and Shepherd with the same manager ?

It's a hypothetical question because you don't know what Ashley would have been like with that sort of money 12-15 years ago when not many other clubs were spending as much.

this is a silly cliche. Its like saying that Bobby Charlton wasn't as good as Frank Lampard because football is more difficult, faster, or something.

Bollocks.

You overcome your opponents in your own era, its as simple as that.

I don't, but the situations are completely different.. thats a ridiculous comparison.

its as near a comparion as you can ever get.

this is a silly cliche. Its like saying that Bobby Charlton wasn't as good as Frank Lampard because football is more difficult, faster, or something.

Bollocks.

You honestly believe that don't you? It's "bollocks". You send Gaydamak, Lerner, Sinawatra, Wenger, Benitez, Abramovich, Scolari, Ramos, Levy, etc, etc. in a time machine 15 years and Hall, Shepherd & Keegan would find it a lot harder to compete with those. Send Franny Lee, Alan Ball, Alan Sugar, Ken Bates, Gerry Francis, Doug Ellis, Hoddle, Little, etc. etc. the other way and Ashley and Keegan would find it a lot easier.

Bollocks.

You honestly believe that don't you? It's "bollocks". You send Gaydamak, Lerner, Sinawatra, Wenger, Benitez, Abramovich, Scolari, Ramos, Levy, etc, etc. in a time machine 15 years and Hall, Shepherd & Keegan would find it a lot harder to compete with those. Send Franny Lee, Alan Ball, Alan Sugar, Ken Bates, Gerry Francis, Doug Ellis, Hoddle, Little, etc. etc. the other way and Ashley and Keegan would find it a lot easier.

of course its right. If there is more money in football, there is more for everybody, its still a matter of NUFC punching their weight, just like before.

NE5 actually coming across as someone who'd not be too disappointed if we failed & he got to continue being critical of the board ???

look at a different way mate, I've seen real shite - which isn't playing regularly in europe, and just being in the top league was deemed to be success - and I'm confident Ashley will at least be better than that. Oh, and I still actually supported the club, put my cash and time in, so I'm not going to stop now, however disappointing if he fails to tap Keegans potential as well as the last board did.

And you're like a chicken, as predicted.

Cluck, cluck, cluck.

:lol:

Liar.

As I see it, this summer is similar to when Robson first joined.

A number of players on significant wages contributing little who need shifting before we can spend big.

For Duff and Smith see Maric and Ferguson.

I may be wrong, but Robsons early dealings were wheeling and dealing spending big only on young players. Once he had shifted the likes of Maric, Marcelino, Ferguson from the wage bill we were able to once again offer larger wages to the likes of Robert.

Was it Shirley Bassey who sang of History repeating itself?

A number of players on significant wages contributing little who need shifting before we can spend big.

I may be wrong, but Robsons early dealings were wheeling and dealing spending big only on young players. Once he had shifted the likes of Maric, Marcelino, Ferguson from the wage bill we were able to once again offer larger wages to the likes of Robert.

Yes, it's very like the summer when Robson first joined. He also had to work with limited funds, and sell and buy in order to get the wage bill under control. Took him a couple of seasons to get it all sorted -- and then we had our most successful few seasons under Shepherd.

The idiots baying for an instant fix seem to have forgotten all this.

We'll get whats left, that's what happened last year & we ended up paying good wages for s***. I can't believe that you are saying we ended up buying players at the right price.

If we didn't live in a world where people did consider soundly based speculation we'd still be living in caves. You can't compare this with the clown Nicko who seemingly makes up stories for his own personal kudos and vip status on the site.

I have just seen Kaboul arrive at Sunderland's training ground, if he does sign then money certainly does talk after what his agent said & shows ambition and money from the Mackems. Given what he said Keane deserves a medal for even getting Kaboul to travel up.

I probably didn't word my post very well as I meant somebody within the club thought that the players were the right price.  As for getting what was left, how many of the players would you consider in that way?

Press speculation isn't soundly based speculation, most of the time its shite generated so sell the shite newspapers, and they’re in it to make money from sales and advertisements so they come up with names to get as many readers as possible.  Somebody might post a link to where press speculation is watched to see how often they are right, I doubt it’s much better than that of Nico.

The Kaboul comment seems to be in desperation, the mackems are ambitious because they are after a player who has played less than 80 first team games, 21 in this country and he hasn't won a full cap for his country.  Yet quite a few on here don't think we are ambitious and we have recently signed a full Argentinean international who has played almost 200 first team games as club level. 

We'll get whats left, that's what happened last year & we ended up paying good wages for s***. I can't believe that you are saying we ended up buying players at the right price.

If we didn't live in a world where people did consider soundly based speculation we'd still be living in caves. You can't compare this with the clown Nicko who seemingly makes up stories for his own personal kudos and vip status on the site.

I have just seen Kaboul arrive at Sunderland's training ground, if he does sign then money certainly does talk after what his agent said & shows ambition and money from the Mackems. Given what he said Keane deserves a medal for even getting Kaboul to travel up.

I probably didn't word my post very well as I meant somebody within the club thought that the players were the right price.  As for getting what was left, how many of the players would you consider in that way?

Press speculation isn't soundly based speculation, most of the time its s**** generated so sell the s**** newspapers, and theyre in it to make money from sales and advertisements so they come up with names to get as many readers as possible.  Somebody might post a link to where press speculation is watched to see how often they are right, I doubt its much better than that of Nico.

The Kaboul comment seems to be in desperation, the mackems are ambitious because they are after a player who has played less than 80 first team games, 21 in this country and he hasn't won a full cap for his country.  Yet quite a few on here don't think we are ambitious and we have recently signed a full Argentinean international who has played almost 200 first team games as club level. 

? I agree that an awful of press stories are to see papers; some aren't & I didn't see us denying the we were in for Aimer or Inler. The point about the Mackems is that Keane will have seen the comment from Kaboul & yet has managed to get him up to talk. He hasn't come up for the scenery has he? As for Jonas, he hasn't cost us, he wont be getting a massive wage & it was a good piece of business. It doesn't in itself show ambition or that Ashley is prepared to pay top dollar.

Listen to the KK interview after the pools game, seems quite pleased with what he has but for the moment he can't see where the next player is coming from. Bluffing? KK hasn't got a good passed record of hiding his feelings. He did say we will get players in but at what level? Balls in Ashley's court imo.

A good point, well made.

? I agree that an awful of press stories are to see papers; some aren't & I didn't see us denying the we were in for Aimer or Inler. The point about the Mackems is that Keane will have seen the comment from Kaboul & yet has managed to get him up to talk. He hasn't come up for the scenery has he? As for Jonas, he hasn't cost us, he wont be getting a massive wage & it was a good piece of business. It doesn't in itself show ambition or that Ashley is prepared to pay top dollar.

Listen to the KK interview after the pools game, seems quite pleased with what he has but for the moment he can't see where the next player is coming from. Bluffing? KK hasn't got a good passed record of hiding his feelings. He did say we will get players in but at what level? Balls in Ashley's court imo.

The price we pay for a player will not alter how they play for us, Shearer cost us a transfer record, he would have been just as good if we'd get him on a free transfer.  We've signed an international for what looks to be next to nothing and that doesn't mean he's not going to perform, I'd rather have him cheap than Kaboul for what could turn out to be a stupid fee.

Souness spent almost £50 million while turning a 5th placed team into one that struggled, Sir Bobby spent £15 million turning an 11th placed team into one that at one stage before major injuries looked like title contenders.

Actions speak louder than words, Keegan said nothing before we signed Gutierrez so him saying nothing now means nothing.  You're right, Keegan hasn't got a good record of hiding his feelings, surely that should be a sign that he's OK with what is going on behind the scenes.

where did you answer the question....you quoted my post in order to slag someone off but didn't actually get round to answering my question.

in reply to your question...cos i will answer when i'm questioned...NO. i don't think they'll do aswell but then i've started threads saying i don't think keegan is the man he was when first here but a damn sight better option than hte previous three.

you'll also remember that i've said often enough that the previous regime did well for a while (that would be the champs league and top 4 finishes that i don't think you've yet got round to mentioning)...but where was it headed ?

NE5 actually coming across as someone who'd not be too disappointed if we failed & he got to continue being critical of the board ???

look at a different way mate, I've seen real s**** - which isn't playing regularly in europe, and just being in the top league was deemed to be success - and I'm confident Ashley will at least be better than that. Oh, and I still actually supported the club, put my cash and time in, so I'm not going to stop now, however disappointing if he fails to tap Keegans potential as well as the last board did.

a member of the last board, dear dougie bragged about getting rid of keegan...d'you remember that.