Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

Stop it you two. Every bloody thread has to turn into a bloody flame war.

If you've got a problem then do something about it, I posted a comment that had nothing to do with him and he passed comment so I asked him to prove what he was saying just like in the other thread when he told lies so it isn't every thread and it wasn't only two in this one if you check.

I hope this isn't going to end up with you throwing another tantrum.

How come you never comment about anybody else or when he does it to others?  You have a problem and you need to sort it out.

Me? A problem? :lol:

As far as I can see, there are two people whose gripe has for years not been about the football. It has been personal. Perhaps on this occasion he baited you, but on other occassions you've baited him. Regardless, after a while doesn't it become easier to ignore people? That is certainly what I do to avoid getting in fights with people. As far as I know, there are no arguments beween others that are so personal, so I've had no need to comment.

You can be guaranteed that there will be no tantrum this time around, as I'm stone sober. Wait until later.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/035ostrich_468x538.jpg

I clicked on the photo but it didn't take me to anywhere to see where anybody at the club had said we had a policy of lowering the wage bill or to where we could see quotes about us missing out on players because we'd offered less money than another team. 

Any chance of fixing the link?

I've supplied plenty of factual material to you in the past in the form of league positions and amount of european qualifications and you ignore those because they don't fit your "opinion".

That photo is an identikit of you. Why not start by admitting the bleeding obvious .........

mackems.gif

yes about those european qualifications under souness and roeder...and where allardyce would have took us? please tell us more.

I just find it annoying that there's mountains of proof (not just with our club, see the 120+ players Villa have been linked with so far) the media haven't got a clue about who we're going for, and yet as soon as a player comes up that most people would like, all that goes out of the window. He doesn't arrive here, so it's just another thing to bash the club about, even though there's nothing but the words of said clueless media that we were actually interested in the player at all.

People just change their minds about what's true and what's not true just to back up their overall agenda. Like NE5 and his 'clueless London journos' stuff when they criticise Shepherd, but taking their words as gospel when they claim Ashley is cutting costs.

It's just a load of f***ing bollocks. Everyone agrees we need players (the best players we can get), even Steve Harper can see that. So to assume the club don't is crazy.

I'm confident that they're working their hardest to bring good players here, for whatever reason things haven't been all that quick up to now. If things are the same when the window closes then fine, but why moan now? Just makes us look daft.

Ashley apparently coughed up large wages for Smith, Viduka, Barton etc last summer, but now they have their own man in charge they won't back him with the required wages? Makes no sense; as I say, people just pick and choose what they believe so it fits their overall point.

This has turned into a rant so I'm not going to reply again, f*** it.

Spot on Dave

It's not exactly rocket science that we have thread bare squad that needs major beefing up. I'm also quite sure KK and the 3 stooges would want to bring in the best players possible. If anyone thinks they do not realize we need good players, and if anyone thinks we're actually actively pursuing average players as a policy, then they need to pull their finger out.

Q for NE5: I'm in no way comparing us to Wigan as a football club overall. But I have a question for NE5. Do you sir think that Dave Whelan was taking a progressive ambitious step in bidding to take Owen there (as had been reported), or do you see it as a failure on his part to sell the club to a high profile player like Owen?

I think for a club like Wigan, to buy a player like Owen, is nothing other than a bid to sell shirts. Owen knows full well Wigan will never be good enough for him, and Wigan likewise. Just my opinion. What do you think ?

Oh I agree entirely. But you haven't answered my question. Obviously a player like Owen joining a club like Wigan would drastically improve the playing staff, not to mention raise the profile of the club, and be a pulling power for other players to join. It was never going to happen of course, as Wigan are nowhere near big enough as a club to attract a top name like that.

But from a chairman's/set-up point of view, do you see Whelan's bid as a stunt, an ambitious shot in the dark, a genuine bid to move the club forward, or a total failure on his part to attract a player of Owen's standing?

I see your point. I don't know. I suppose if there is an answer it would be that if Wigan genuinely felt they had a fanbase to compete then it would be a worthwhile attempt to capitalise on it.

basically in reply to the above, I don't have the inclination to look for silly links to things that most of us know are true

And I'm not getting involved in a spat, I've told it like it is.

I clicked on the photo but it didn't take me to anywhere to see where anybody at the club had said we had a policy of lowering the wage bill or to where we could see quotes about us missing out on players because we'd offered less money than another team. 

I've supplied plenty of factual material to you in the past in the form of league positions and amount of european qualifications and you ignore those because they don't fit your "opinion".

That photo is an identikit of you. Why not start by admitting the bleeding obvious .........

mackems.gif

yes about those european qualifications under souness and roeder...and where allardyce would have took us? please tell us more.

I'm not a prophet, I've no idea where Allardyce would have taken us. I'm not going to use hindsight though, I'll admit that I was for this appointment and he blew it big style. He may have done it in the long run but he had to go, these are decisions that have to be made when things start to go wrong, and thats football.

mackems.gif

I'm not a prophet, I've no idea where Allardyce would have taken us. I'm not going to use hindsight though, I'll admit that I was for this appointment and he blew it big style. He may have done it in the long run but he had to go, these are decisions that have to be made when things start to go wrong, and thats football.

so can you see where some of us are coming from. shepherd had done it in the past but then he couldn't cut it and stopped doing it,the poor appointments time after time,the heightening debt...did you in all honesty have confidence in him turning it round ? no one denies he did good for a while but,like managers and players,when they are no longer able to do what they are supposed to it's best if they move on.

mackems.gif

so can you see where some of us are coming from. shepherd had done it in the past but then he couldn't cut it and stopped doing it,the poor appointments time after time,the heightening debt...did you in all honesty have confidence in him turning it round ? no one denies he did good for a while but,like managers and players,when they are no longer able to do what they are supposed to it's best if they move on.

except a chairman isn't a manager or a player, their age is irrelevant. You are categorically saying they wouldn't have appointed a good manager, and considering they backed them.

I simply don't agree with you, you can't say its impossible that they would not have appointed the right man.

mackems.gif

except a chairman isn't a manager or a player, their age is irrelevant. You are categorically saying they wouldn't have appointed a good manager, and considering they backed them.

I simply don't agree with you, you can't say its impossible that they would not have appointed the right man.

i am saying given their form it was unlikely....how confident were you they could turn it round ? and do you think they would have got rid of allardyce before his damage was terminal ?

Guest neesy111

mackems.gif

shepherds record of apointing managers:

dalgleish = bad,

gullit = bad,

robson = good,

souness = awful,

roeder = bad,

allardyce = bad

1 out of 6, if that's good, then i do worry about why you back him so much

mackems.gif

shepherds record of apointing managers:

dalgleish = bad,

gullit = bad,

robson = good,

souness = awful,

roeder = bad,

allardyce = bad

1 out of 6, if that's good, then i do worry about why you back him so much

dalglish was a good appointment that didn't work out and IMO he shoild have been given more time.

mackems.gif

i am saying given their form it was unlikely....how confident were you they could turn it round ? and do you think they would have got rid of allardyce before his damage was terminal ?

you simply just can't say. Nobody can, they appointed Keegan and Robson didn't they, so why not ? Dalglish won everything going, so how can you say they wouldn't have attracted someone else who had a great CV ? YOu can't. One things for sure, when they did appoint a good one, they backed him. You can't say that yet for Ashley. In fact, so far it looks like they are getting the most important thing of all massively wrong.

mackems.gif

you simply just can't say. Nobody can, they appointed Keegan and Robson didn't they, so why not ? Dalglish won everything going, so how can you say they wouldn't have attracted someone else who had a great CV ? YOu can't. One things for sure, when they did appoint a good one, they backed him. You can't say that yet for Ashley. In fact, so far it looks like they are getting the most important thing of all massively wrong.

you simply can't say if shola had played every game last season he wouldn't have scored 30 goals.

did you see my earlier poast as to the backing robson recieved in his first pre season for us.(which is the closest i can think of the situation we are in at present)..oh and the most important thing is the manager

mackems.gif

you simply can't say if shola had played every game last season he wouldn't have scored 30 goals.

did you see my earlier poast as to the backing robson recieved in his first pre season for us.(which is the closest i can think of the situation we are in at present)..oh and the most important thing is the manager

I can say with some conviction that Ameobi wouldn't score 30 goals this coming season.

I replied to your post. He bought Cort for a fairly big fee at the time, and some younger players, and Cordone and Acuna. You are right to point out that only when he made the other 2 big major buys, it made the difference but not until then.

Thats sort of my point.

mackems.gif

I can say with some conviction that Ameobi wouldn't score 30 goals this coming season.

I replied to your post. He bought Cort for a fairly big fee at the time, and some younger players, and Cordone and Acuna. You are right to point out that only when he made the other 2 big major buys, it made the difference but not until then.

Thats sort of my point.

1 big buy surely....the 6 mill for bellamy being par for the course.      ...err would you be happy with that now a cort type signing cordone (on loan) unknown cheap south american and some unknown kids ?

mackems.gif

Thats sort of my point.

1 big buy surely....the 6 mill for bellamy being par for the course.      ...err would you be happy with that now a cort type signing cordone (on loan) unknown cheap south american and some unknown kids ?

Depends who the chairman/owner is.

mackems.gif

Thats sort of my point.

haha, ironic indeed.

The Halls and Shepherd had proved their ambition. Ashley has not. And Robson didn't complain about backing like both Allardyce and Keegan have done.

Lets see if how close we get under Ashley to the positions Hall and Shepherd got to with the same manager.

mackems.gif

Thats sort of my point.

haha, ironic indeed.

The Halls and Shepherd had proved their ambition. Ashley has not. And Robson didn't complain about backing like both Allardyce and Keegan have done.

Lets see if how close we get under Ashley to the positions Hall and Shepherd got to with the same manager.

wrong...appointing souness,roeder and allardyce one after the other DID NOT prove their ambition. in fact it proved the exact opposite.

that is their form,that is their recent history,that is where we were going.

mackems.gif

Thats sort of my point.

haha, ironic indeed.

Nah mate, the irony is you've just proven my point.

It is strange that with this new policy of lowering the wage bill that we have lost out on class players despite offering them better money than the clubs they have signed for..........................................................................

It is unfeasible that we have offered similar/ less money & that the players have opted for clubs playing in europe & who are located in more desirable parts of the world.

I've given you quotes that we lost out on two players which we know we bid for and didn't get, both of these we are told went elsewhere for less money, a claim which I can't remember anybody denying yet its public knowledge that it was said and it was said in print by a lawyer.  The only other two players who we know for sure that we were in for both came here.

Have you any quotes to say that we have a policy of lowering the wage bill?  Or, have you got any quotes from club officials that say weve lost out on any named players because we offered less cash?

Come on Mick, if you believe everything a lawyer put in print. Lawyers are paid to fudge the truth, in print, on a daily basis. Mort, by his standing, must be very good at it.

There is no great leap of faith needed to come to the conclusion that we are currently making a pigs ear of getting the best players in. Ultimately money will talk when you are in the position we are; either pay up or miss out.

The thing is NE5, I agree with you when it comes to Shephard and his ambition, how he would back the managers etc., but you never seem to be able to recognise any mistakes he (or the rest of the board for that matter, it wasn't a one-man show) made that directly affected the club and its league positions as the years progressed.

14 months on and I'm still very skeptical about Ashley. I can see alot of good that he's done with the finance and rebuilding connections within the community etc, but he has yet to put his money where his mouth is and go out to bring in some important, much needed signings that show our ambition - but then again I think it's completely unrealistic to judge the new regime so early into their tenure & especially to hold it against Keegans last stint here due to how different the entire situation is in the game, especially in the terms of finance.

My point is.. I don't understand why you seem so against the board. They've yet to prove themselves compared to the old board, but they were hardly brighter than bright in their endeavours.

Ashley apparently coughed up large wages for Smith, Viduka, Barton etc last summer, but now they have their own man in charge they won't back him with the required wages? Makes no sense; as I say, people just pick and choose what they believe so it fits their overall point.

Aye, can happen to the best of us.

Eh? I was asking the question, seeing as the supposed wages those players are on have been used to criticise the board. You appear to have completely missed my point.

Eh? I was asking the question, seeing as the supposed wages those players are on have been used to criticise the board. You appear to have completely missed my point.

He did agree the wages & would be entitled to be royally pissed off with what he got for it; Smith has been awful, Barton is in clink & Viduka was injured half the time. He may be thinking twice about getting bitten again; but, in the world of football at a club like ours you just have to dust yourself down & pay the going rate. KK can't take the fall for BS's signings but he seems to be suffering for it for now.

If things carry on like this then we need to get the outside investment in that Ashley wants, as this be the only way we will be able make in roads into the transfer market. Considering we have a billionairre owner that should not be the case.

He did agree the wages & would be entitled to be royally pissed off with what he got for it; Smith has been awful, Barton is in clink & Viduka was injured half the time. He may be thinking twice about getting bitten again; but, in the world of football at a club like ours you just have to dust yourself down & pay the going rate. KK can't take the fall for BS's signings but he seems to be suffering for it for now.

If things carry on like this then we need to get the outside investment in that Ashley wants, as this be the only way we will be able make in roads into the transfer market. Considering we have a billionairre owner that should not be the case.

we haven't got him captive you know. apart from the signings we have made the only thing we actually know is that we tried to break our transfer record for modric. maybe the money is there but we don't as a a club want to made made mugs of.