Pablo Aimar joins Benfica

morgs

do you believe everything you read in the press  bluelaugh.gif

I tend to believe the press a bit more when they carry quotes rather than made up bollocks, what do you believe?

I tend to believe the press a bit more when they carry quotes rather than made up bollocks, what do you believe?

I do believe league positions. Especially league positions and what they show over the past 40-odd years. I believe Mort when he said in November that they wouldn't buy anybody in January and they didn't, despite looking in deep shit at the time.

I don't believe that the 2 players we've signed are the only 2 we have put in bids for.  bluelaugh.gif

I don't take seriously too much of what you say either, as you don't take any notice of league positions over the past 40-odd years nor seem able to grasp the difference between when the role of a board becomes the responsibility of the players.

I do believe league positions. Especially league positions and what they show over the past 40-odd years. I believe Mort when he said in November that they wouldn't buy anybody in January and they didn't, despite looking in deep s*** at the time.

I don't believe that the 2 players we've signed are the only 2 we have put in bids for.  bluelaugh.gif

I don't take seriously too much of what you say either, as you don't take any notice of league positions over the past 40-odd years nor seem able to grasp the difference between when the role of a board becomes the responsibility of the players.

Mort didn't say that we wouldn't buy anybody in January and it's been confirmed that Keegan wanted Woodgate in January and we had a £7 million bid accepted by Boro in January.  This has been confirmed by Keegan, do you think Keegan was telling lies when he said we'd tried to get Woodgate?

Guest elbee909

No-one believes we've only bid for two players.  In fact we bloody know this, don't we?

No-one believes we've only bid for two players.  In fact we bloody know this, don't we?

Of course we know this, we bid £16.8m for a 22 year old midfielder. This pissed NE5 off though because we haven't been able to find another 22 year old midfielder who we think is worth £16.8m and have apparently done a shocking thing in bidding less for an older player! What sort of transfer policy is that?

so we've been turned down by players who have gone to clubs that a short time ago took our cast offs ?

Point proven.

Like when Middlesborough signed Huth and Woodgate?

It could be but it could also be like when Distin went to Man City.

Edit.

That would be like a player turning down Liverpool to go to West Brom.

Once in a blue moon.

Your last two posts pretty much sum you up though, someone says something you don't like, and you start resorting to personal attacks.

Here we go.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/7832/tantrumoj4.gif

I'm not at all in tantrum mode. In fact I'm perfectly placid. From my perspective, it is you who is having the tantrum, and whom is attempting your usual bully boy tactics of trying to belittle anyone saying anything you don't want to hear.

Doesn't work with me I'm afraid.

No doubt you will want to have the last word with another belittling comment as you always do, but I will now stop this for tonight, as this forum is not about your ego, or my ego or anyones ego but about Newcastle United FC.

Good day.

Missed this.  :lol:

of course, things have been just great since soopa mike came in, and the transfer policy adopted by the club has also been soopa doopa great, we've matched those Champs League positions already  bluelaugh.gif

of course, things have been just great since soopa mike came in, and the transfer policy adopted by the club has also been soopa doopa great, we've matched those Champs League positions already  bluelaugh.gif

You seriously can't lay the blame solely on Ashley for us not reaching the Champions League yet, he took over a side who had just had their joint worst league finish since we first got promoted to The Premiership.

You seriously can't lay the blame solely on Ashley for us not reaching the Champions League yet, he took over a side who had just had their joint worst league finish since we first got promoted to The Premiership.

Ashley wants shooting for not having got us two champions league qualifications already.

I'm shocked at that, I thought he'd taken over the 2nd best team and taken us to 13th, I must be confusing him with somebody else.  :dontknow:

Ashley wants shooting for not having got us two champions league qualifications already.

To be fair, I think we've been given him too much slack, even two isn't that good.

Guest elbee909

so we've been turned down by players who have gone to clubs that a short time ago took our cast offs ?

Point proven.

Whatever you're taking, they need to reduce the dose.

I'm saying they don't appear to have a clue on how get there. Surely if the last lot were so bad we would be doing so much better by now or at least see some signs.

I'm saying they don't appear to have a clue on how get there. Surely if the last lot were so bad we would be doing so much better by now or at least see some signs.

I agree, it should be an overnight fix.

I'm shocked at that, I thought he'd taken over the 2nd best team and taken us to 13th, I must be confusing him with somebody else.   :dontknow:

haha, you never give up do you. Halls must be pretty stupid to let someone else run his business, almost as stupid as someone who doesn't understand such a fairly basic point.

We'll see if Ashley matches with Keegan what the Halls and Shepherd did. Do you want a wager on it ?

haha, you never give up do you. Halls must be pretty stupid to let someone else run his business, almost as stupid as someone who doesn't understand such a fairly basic point.

We'll see if Ashley matches with Keegan what the Halls and Shepherd did. Do you want a wager on it ?

Ashley has already done something which the previous owners couldn't have done, they managed to get Keegan back.

I'm shocked at that, I thought he'd taken over the 2nd best team and taken us to 13th, I must be confusing him with somebody else.  :dontknow:

were you confident that  shepherd was going to bring the chapions league and top 4 finishes back ?

while you ponder that also take time to reflect on the bragging of douglas hall that he had got rid of keegan.

Ashley has already done something which the previous owners couldn't have done, they managed to get Keegan back.

no, the old board also appointed Keegan.

2nd attempt. Do you think Keegan will do under Ashley that he did under the Halls and Shepherd. Do you want a wager on it ?

Also, see my sig. YOU didn't want him back either  mackems.gif