Season Tickets due to arrive Thursday/Friday - see OP for latest

Crumpy Gunt

got mine, me and me father seem to have become juniors according to the prices we have been given and we have automatically been moved to a different seat, used to sit L7 Milburn Halfway line,  Rang up the box office who seemed utterly clueless.

Been given an appointment on the 24th June to go in and discuss/view alternative seating arrangements, pointed out thats after deadline but told to keep my packs and just bring them in.

Can see this all going tits-up to be fair.

So hang on wheres the new Away end? right behind the goal? That could be a nightmare for that sections stewards, thank fuck i'm gallowgate. Be for TV i imagine?

It should actually be much easier for them, only one side of the away end to section off as there is a massive glass wall at the other end.

I think you are looking for something that isn't there.

Everything we have heard says that he paid 245mil buying the club and paying off the debt, I would imagine that by now we would know if he had taken out loans to buy the club.

Look at Manure and Liverpool, it is well publicised that the owners took out loans to buy the clubs, where as with Us, Man City and Villa it has always been stated that the buyers used there own money.

You may have heard it/read it in the papers but there is no proof at present, in fact if you read the accounts and post year end notes all it says is SJHL, the newly formed Topco took on the loans, NOT paid off - there is no documented proof Ashley has paid off the debts.

Unfortunately SJHL isn't yet due to file accounts but at present nobody can conclusively say what has happened.

You may have heard it/read it in the papers but there is no proof at present, in fact if you read the accounts and post year end notes all it says is SJHL, the newly formed Topco took on the loans, NOT paid off - there is no documented proof Ashley has paid off the debts.

Unfortunately SJHL isn't yet due to file accounts but at present nobody can conclusively say what has happened.

I would be very surprised if the debtholders waived the change of control clause on the senior debt, prompting the original notes to be repaid.

The club is probably in effect paying the same rates, but only on a rollover facility in favour of Ashley, or more likely an offshore company where the topco interest received will be taxed at a more favourable rate. This is what Abrahmovic has done at Chelsea- every penny he has put in has been in the favour of the shareholders loan- it gives equity and debtholder control on the business.

I would be very surprised if the debtholders waived the change of control clause on the senior debt, prompting the original notes to be repaid.

The club is probably in effect paying the same rates, but only on a rollover facility in favour of Ashley, or more likely an offshore company where the topco interest received will be taxed at a more favourable rate. This is what Abrahmovic has done at Chelsea- every penny he has put in has been in the favour of the shareholders loan- it gives equity and debtholder control on the business.

Glad you've cleared that up.

SEASON ticket prices at Newcastle are up by an inflation-busting 10%. Letters sent out to fans this week revealed that, on average, ticket prices for the 12 sections in St James’s Park will go up by 10%.

Adult and child tickets in the Milburn, Sir John Hall, Gallowgate and East stands have all risen if seat-holders only agree to attend next season.

The increase beats the average increase at all Premier League clubs for the 2008/09 campaign, revealed at 7.2% by a study last month.

However, NUFC bosses have pledged that all tickets will remain fixed at last year’s prices if fans commit to a season ticket for the next three terms.

The hike has angered some fans and supporters’ groups but others have backed the plans.

Lifelong supporter Jim Hannah, 47, of Whitley Bay, received his letter yesterday and was shocked that his ticket for the Gallowgate End had risen from £482 to £543.

The schoolteacher said: “Fair enough, if you want to commit to three years – last season’s price is frozen – but the way things are economically at the minute, who can afford that?

“With what’s going on with mortgages and so on, there’s no way a lot of fans can do it. It seems a strange time to do it as well after the season we’ve had.”

The news led to criticism of the club on our website Chroniclelive’s forums.

One fan, Tynemag, wrote: “Just got my renewal through today and was shocked to see that if I just renew for next season it will jump to £543 from £480!! If I agree to pay for the next three seasons it will be £494 per season.”

DaveA7 wrote: “Well we are caught between a rock and a hard place here. A 10% increase is an absolute joke when you look at the ‘entertainment’ served up recently.”

But Paul, from Gateshead, still thinks supporting the Toon is a bargain, writing: “£543 is about 15 quid a game – that’s not extortionate. I bet there’s nowhere else in the land you can get in for 15 quid or thereabouts.”

???  It's not Gazza, is it?

Guest Geordiesned

SEASON ticket prices at Newcastle are up by an inflation-busting 10%. Letters sent out to fans this week revealed that, on average, ticket prices for the 12 sections in St James’s Park will go up by 10%.

Adult and child tickets in the Milburn, Sir John Hall, Gallowgate and East stands have all risen if seat-holders only agree to attend next season.

The increase beats the average increase at all Premier League clubs for the 2008/09 campaign, revealed at 7.2% by a study last month.

However, NUFC bosses have pledged that all tickets will remain fixed at last year’s prices if fans commit to a season ticket for the next three terms.

The hike has angered some fans and supporters’ groups but others have backed the plans.

Lifelong supporter Jim Hannah, 47, of Whitley Bay, received his letter yesterday and was shocked that his ticket for the Gallowgate End had risen from £482 to £543.

The schoolteacher said: “Fair enough, if you want to commit to three years – last season’s price is frozen – but the way things are economically at the minute, who can afford that?

“With what’s going on with mortgages and so on, there’s no way a lot of fans can do it. It seems a strange time to do it as well after the season we’ve had.”

The news led to criticism of the club on our website Chroniclelive’s forums.

One fan, Tynemag, wrote: “Just got my renewal through today and was shocked to see that if I just renew for next season it will jump to £543 from £480!! If I agree to pay for the next three seasons it will be £494 per season.”

DaveA7 wrote: “Well we are caught between a rock and a hard place here. A 10% increase is an absolute joke when you look at the ‘entertainment’ served up recently.”

But Paul, from Gateshead, still thinks supporting the Toon is a bargain, writing: “£543 is about 15 quid a game – that’s not extortionate. I bet there’s nowhere else in the land you can get in for 15 quid or thereabouts.”

???  It's not Gazza, is it?

:lol: Spotted that. Thick twat thinks it's £543 for 2 seasons!

Seemingly guaranteed to arrive with everyone by Wednesday this week, I do not have mine yet either.  This is becoming a fiasco and I can only see things getting worse.

They should have just left things as they were and planned this big change over the coming season giving people the chance to consider what to do and whether they want to move.

Now it is just a shambles and will finish up in a complete panic, remember that they will still have to post out the new smart cards for stadium entry once all the renewals and new ST holders are sorted out.

Maybe we can put a request to the FA to have the start of the season delayed by a few months!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Just read mine: why do students get discount in all the bar areas, the new singing section and the family area, but not in regular seating!?

Seems very bizarre to me. For example, I can move up to the "Leazes Corner" and pay £330 instead of £429 for a saving of 23%! If I move up there from the Gallowgate, and get student prices, I could save £213!

Madness, surely?

Around 15-20% off in all areas, except the regular seating (Gallowgate, Leazes, East Stand, Paddocks)...

Guest BooBoo

I cant help but feel the club are bullying people into accepting the three year sign up.

Who knows where the mob at SJP will have us come 2011?

Guest BooBoo

Seemingly guaranteed to arrive with everyone by Wednesday this week, I do not have mine yet either.  This is becoming a fiasco and I can only see things getting worse.

They should have just left things as they were and planned this big change over the coming season giving people the chance to consider what to do and whether they want to move.

Now it is just a shambles and will finish up in a complete panic, remember that they will still have to post out the new smart cards for stadium entry once all the renewals and new ST holders are sorted out.

Maybe we can put a request to the FA to have the start of the season delayed by a few months!!

Will they not just credit our existing cards with next seasons 19 games? I thought that was the whole point of them.

Will they not just credit our existing cards with next seasons 19 games? I thought that was the whole point of them.

Aye, but there'll still be a lot of people moving about and stuff now due to all of this, which will result in a lot of new cards being divvied out.

Apparently not, according to .com they plan to issue new cards for the 2008/9 season in the same manner as they used to do with the books.

Quote NUFC.COM

To answer a query a number of you wrote in with, new season ticket cards for 2008/09 will be sent out to all ST holders ie last season's will not be re-used by anyone.