The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

I would agree with those who say Ameobi is one of the worst forwards seen in a B & W shirt...

I saw mention of Gui'varch earlier, but clearly, many posters are too young to have seen the likes of Rob McDonald......

However, Ameobi even rivals THAT particular donkey in his clumsiness, awful first touch, inability to impose his weight on defenders, and lack of speed off the mark...it is one of the mysteries of modern football why successive managers have stuck by this guy and my high estimation of SBR dropped several notches after he kept waxing lyrical about Ameobi - then again, he thought Carl Cort had been a good buy,despite the fact that you could count his appearances on the fingers of one hand, and we lost millions when he was sold to Wolves, a move which made local Supermarket staff rather sad because they had enjoyed seeing his public bust-ups with his former wife..allegedly..!!!

That f***ing 'pass' that would probably have killed the game. :jesuswept:

I presume you are talking about that  threaded ball accross to Lovenkrands, my gran could have made, that he managed to totally f**k up.

Lucky with the pass to Duff for his goal.

Summs Strolla up TBH.

It's patently obvious, in our current position, that we look a better side with Shola. Deal with it, guys.

We looked better in the last ten minutes when Viduka came on, but he's not the answer either.

Reading one of the WBA forums I surprisingly saw that they had a thread called "Shola Ameobi",  being curious and fully expecting it to be a thread about how shite he was I opened up and what I read was shocking to say the least....

"I thought he was outstanding yesterday. He caused our defenders all sorts of problems, pulled people out of position and linked up very well."

"Every time he's played against us, he's caused our defence problems."

"I think he did do well and I do think there is a good player in Ameobi he has just suffered from injuries and inconsistency. "

"Just using his strength and doing a very good job of it"

"Ameobi looked amazing yesturday, think we helped him look better but was superb"

"He was a huge threat yesterday and was a threat when we played them at SJP as well. Good player."

More praise there than in this whole 26 page thread

Reading one of the WBA forums I surprisingly saw that they had a thread called "Shola Ameobi",  being curious and fully expecting it to be a thread about how s**** he was I opened up and what I read was shocking to say the least....

"I thought he was outstanding yesterday. He caused our defenders all sorts of problems, pulled people out of position and linked up very well."

"I think he did do well and I do think there is a good player in Ameobi he has just suffered from injuries and inconsistency. "

"Ameobi looked amazing yesturday, think we helped him look better but was superb"

"He was a huge threat yesterday and was a threat when we played them at SJP as well. Good player."

some of us thought Alan Smith was a good player 18 months back

Reading one of the WBA forums I surprisingly saw that they had a thread called "Shola Ameobi",  being curious and fully expecting it to be a thread about how s**** he was I opened up and what I read was shocking to say the least....

I didn't know Terry Fuckwitt was a Baggie

Its the needless fouls/offsides that annoy me so much. I can handle him having a shite touch/shot/header - many players do but the constant infringements baffle the fuck out of me. Every fucking game.

He's not a finisher either. His goals are never clean, accurate. Against Brom the whistle went just as he was about to bury a shot, or so I thought, and hit went high and hansome. No-where f*****g near!

His penalty asside against the scummers, which was superb, I can only remember a couple of goals which weren't scuffed.

1st half wasn't too bad he won a few good headers and put himself about, but as mentioned the chance to put Love through in the 2nd half was really bad he scuffed it completely and luckily it didn't cost us.

Reading one of the WBA forums I surprisingly saw that they had a thread called "Shola Ameobi",  being curious and fully expecting it to be a thread about how shite he was I opened up and what I read was shocking to say the least....

Heres the link.

http://www.westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=38396.0

Either all West Brom fans are blind or some people on here are just desperate to criticise him.

I like to think i'm objective when it comes to players. He's been fairly useful this season imo.

I only saw MOTD so I trust the numerous posters on here and TT that say he was shocking, that said he did do a couple of good things which was a pleasant surprise ;)

It's the fact that he's so ridiculously slow whenever he does something, like receive and turn with the ball. He makes the process look awkward. Maybe it's severe rust that'll take a while to come off, but that and the needless fouls & offsides really let his game down.

Occasionally he'll show a glimpse of a footballer. But that isn't good enough for a starting XI player.

Heres the link.

http://www.westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=38396.0

Either all West Brom fans are blind or some people on here are just desperate to criticise him.

I like to think i'm objective when it comes to players. He's been fairly useful this season imo.

It's the second one.