The Shola Ameobi thread

Crumpy Gunt

Guest toonlass

The difference between Shola and Chopra is that Chopra realises that his level is Championship. He is happy at Cardiff, a lot happier than at Sunderland, if body language is anything to go by. Chopra goes back to Cardiff and is playing football, scoring and looking like he is enjoying it. Ameobi dropped down at Stoke and did fuck all. I think Shola thinks he is a premiership class striker, but really he would play a lot better in the championship long term. Nowt against the bloke personally, but he has been given chance, after chance, after chance and cannot cut it as a full time premiership striker.

Staggering that he is possibly, now, going to end up spending his whole career at Newcastle.

I've seen plenty of other players who were a waste of space, but they were all moved on eventually.

I've defended Shola in the past, and I agree that often views can be too extreme, but I've never seen such a horrible performance from a premiership footballer as in the Everton game.

True, he didn't have much support, but he really was shocking.

Do you not think that's a prime example?

Absolutely embarassingly terrible today.

What I don't get is that if the plan was to hoy a million long balls forward, why wasn't Andy Carroll the man for the job? If he's not fit then he shouldn't be on the bench and I've never seen a poorer player in the air for his size than Shola.

This offside free kick thing.

I remember Roeder taking credit for it, bragging as if his tactical genius directly helped us draw with Everton.

Clearly going to need unteaching.

if you see shola walking around in newcastle....it's your duty to tell him that he's shit. Just let him know that we FUCKING THINK HE'S SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dave: :dave: :dave: I JUST WANT HIM AT THE LEAST TO KNOW THAT!! :dave:!!!!

What I don't get is that if the plan was to hoy a million long balls forward, why wasn't Andy Carroll the man for the job? If he's not fit then he shouldn't be on the bench and I've never seen a poorer player in the air for his size than Shola.

Not sticking up for Shola or the "management" (fucking morons) but if Carroll was only half fit I don't think we should have gambled.

Smith would do a better job than this useless, lazy, overpaid cunt!

Thats pushing it a bit far, that said I am getting to a desperate state where I would give anything a go. Hope Carroll is match fit soon.

Not sticking up for Shola or the "management" (fucking morons) but if Carroll was only half fit I don't think we should have gambled.

As I say he shouldn't be on the bench if he's not fully fit. Lua Lua should be on the bench, so should Ranger for that matter - at least there's a possibilty they're not garbage.

Smith would do a better job than this useless, lazy, overpaid c***!

The funny thing is that's completely untrue.

Fine, maybe 'lazy' is the only thing they done have in common but do think he'd do any worse? I dont.

Carroll's gotta start if Vidukas not fit.