"The Sir John Hall Stand"

NE5

with the re-housing of fans in the stadium etc, and the old regime gone, has the time came to change the names of the stands back to what they always were ?

Call it the Leazes End. It always will be to people like me anyway.

Gallowgate End.

No objections to the Milburn Stand, in honour of a great player synonomous with the clubs history.

No problem with the east stand.

If anybody should have a section of the ground named after them, it should be Keegan, one day, who has been the major influence on this club and its fortunes since 1982.

Oh, and Mike Ashley, take down that bloody Sports Direct.com badge on the top of the GALLOWGATE roof and put the club badge back.

same here. Can someone put inverted commas or something into the title for me pse ?

I can't understand how somebody could want a stand named after them but like you I understand the Milburn, the Popular just wouldn't sound right these days anyway so I'm not bothered about that one.

I think we should rename it the Freddy Shepherd stand. End of thread.

;)

In all seriousness, wouldn't be suprised if when he sold up, Sir John Hall inserted a clause protecting the stand name.

same here. Can someone put inverted commas or something into the title for me pse ?

I can't understand how somebody could want a stand named after them but like you I understand the Milburn, the Popular just wouldn't sound right these days anyway so I'm not bothered about that one.

aye, the "popular" just doesn't sound right now. When the "new stand" opened, it was initially referred to as the "new stand" but has just became the "east stand" over time.

Serious suggestion this actually. I don't like the Leazes End being called the Sir John Hall stand and never have. If the club had conducted opinions on this, along with the things that have led to fans being re-housed, I'd have said so.

aye, the "popular" just doesn't sound right now. When the "new stand" opened, it was initially referred to as the "new stand" but has just became the "east stand" over time.

Serious suggestion this actually. I don't like the Leazes End being called the Sir John Hall stand and never have. If the club had conducted opinions on this, along with the things that have led to fans being re-housed, I'd have said so.

I know tradition sometimes gets in the way of progress but in this case it doesn't, I think it was just the vanity of Sir John because he could have said that he didn't want it named after him.

I definitely think Keegan needs something naming after him once he's called it a day with us, most definitely. As the man has meant so much to this club over the years, if there's anyone who deserves it, then it's him.

I also don't get why many people say The East Stand should be re-named after Sir Bobby, yes fair enough he worked wonders during some periods of his time here, but there's people who are more deserving who have been involved with us over the years. Someone like Joe Harvey for example.

I definitely think Keegan needs something naming after him once he's called it a day with us, most definitely. As the man has meant so much to this club over the years, if there's anyone who deserves it, then it's him.

I also don't get why many people say The East Stand should be re-named after Sir Bobby, yes fair enough he worked wonders during some periods of his time here, but there's people who are more deserving who have been involved with us over the years. Someone like Joe Harvey for example.

Keegan's Cafe.

with all due respect to Sir Bobby Robson, Joe Harvey and Keegan are far more worthy

In my opinion of course

i sit in the gallowgate. i'm not even sure what it's new name is

To this day i havent a clue which stand is the Sir John Hall stand will always be the Leazes and the Gallowgate to me and we should start a petition to get them renamed .

Don't know anyone apart from newcomers and spacka's that refer to the stands as the SJH or the Brown Ale (if it's still called that). Wouldn't be averse to my stand (the East) getting a new name though.

At least we only have one sponsored stand (and its a local sponsor), some grounds have some horrific sponsorships attached to stands and their name. e.g. the Emirates, Keepmoat at Doncaster etc.

Guest elbee909

Whatever happened to the Terry Mac enclosure       

He should be enclosed, in something lead lined.  Or carbonite, though that's a bit temporary for me.

Guest BooBoo

The Gallowgate's official name is the South Stand and was recently the Brown Ale Stand.

Wasnt the East Stand, very briefly named something or other too, around 2001?

The Gallowgate's official name is the South Stand and was recently the Brown Ale Stand.

Wasnt the East Stand, very briefly named something or other too, around 2001?

If you look at your season ticket renewal forms it is now called 'Gallowgate Stand'.