RE NE5 in Arshavin thread (Warning contains discussion on old and new boards)

Decky

Simple question. Do you think the achievements I posted were not good enough?

Do you expect Ashley to better them in the next 5 years (I'm letting him off with last year as a transitional year myself), and in fact to compete with Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool? If so, that's why I posted "Good luck Mike."

If you do have that expectation, then good on you, however most other posters seem to have a greatly reduced expectation of Newcastle under Ashley than they did of Newcastle under Shepherd.

You talk about expectations of others then mention Ashley beating the best finishes under Shepherd.

Do they not have to beat the first four years before going onto the best years?  You know, the ones when we finished 13th twice followed by 11th twice.

Shepherd was never the major shareholder or owner.

Ashley has never been the chairman.

bump.

Ashley wasn't the chairman, and Shepherd was never the major shareholder or owner

ashley is running the show as was shepherd regardless of titles.

Who's this Arshavin bloke like ?

http://img.skysports.com/08/06/402x210/andrei-arshavin_972740.jpg

Guest Deep456

Hey, NE5, here's a simple yes/no question to make you dance around in avoidance:

Do you honestly think that Shepherd was about to get us back into CL contention?

Yes if he was given the time to do so.

Who's this Arshavin bloke like ?

http://img.skysports.com/08/06/402x210/andrei-arshavin_972740.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, NE5, here's a simple yes/no question to make you dance around in avoidance:

Do you honestly think that Shepherd was about to get us back into CL contention?

Yes if he was given the time to do so.

I wonder if NE5 agrees with you.

Do you expect Ashley to better them in the next 5 years (I'm letting him off with last year as a transitional year myself), and in fact to compete with Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool? If so, that's why I posted "Good luck Mike."

If you do have that expectation, then good on you, however most other posters seem to have a greatly reduced expectation of Newcastle under Ashley than they did of Newcastle under Shepherd.

You talk about expectations of others then mention Ashley beating the best finishes under Shepherd.

Do they not have to beat the first four years before going onto the best years?  You know, the ones when we finished 13th twice followed by 11th twice.

bump.

Ashley wasn't the chairman, and Shepherd was never the major shareholder or owner

bump.

I realise it has to be put in fairly simplistic terms for you, even after all this time.

Shepherd never owned the club, he was never able to make decisions on his own. Ashley can.

Understand ? [somehow I doubt it very much that you will or admit you do]

So for those left with half a brain...........

If you think that Shepherd was clueless and shite, then what does that make the major shareholders for putting him in charge of their multi million pound business without having any input ?

For those who are still left with more than half a brain........consider this........who is going to say the new owner of the club will match their first 5 years against the first 5 years of the old owners/major shareholder  , with the same manager ?

Any takers ?

bump.

I realise it has to be put in fairly simplistic terms for you, even after all this time.

Shepherd never owned the club, he was never able to make decisions on his own. Ashley can.

If you think that Shepherd was clueless and shite, then what does that make the major shareholders for putting him in charge of their multi million pound business without having any input ?

For those who are still left with more than half a brain........consider this........who is going to say the new owner of the club will match their first 5 years against the first 5 years of the old owners/major shareholder  , with the same manager ?

Any takers ?

Your first question: That is why refer to the "old board" rather than singling out Shepherd.

Second question: Different environment in the footballing world this time around, so you can't expect the same results.

Now answer Ozzie's sodding question!

bump.

Any takers ?

Your first question: That is why refer to the "old board" rather than singling out Shepherd.

Second question: Different environment in the footballing world this time around, so you can't expect the same results.

At least you have had the bottle to reply, unlike some others I suspect. Its not an answer though. My reply is that, as I said, you have to put the owners against the owners. Do YOU think the new owner will match the old owners first 5 years, with the same manager

Answer the question.

bump.

Any takers ?

At least you have had the bottle to reply, unlike some others I suspect. Its not an answer though. My reply is that, as I said, you have to put the owners against the owners. Do YOU think the new owner will match the old owners first 5 years, with the same manager

Answer the question.

I answered the question.

Last time, there was less money in the game, and the league remained very domestic. It was easy for Newcastle to sign Ginola. If a Ginola became available today, we would find ourselves behind many other clubs just due to the changes in the ways transfers are conducted these days. Furthermore, if a club looked like breaking the top four monopoly, that club could spend £40m on three players to keep themselves there, and we couldn't compete.

So the answer is no, but you can't blame the owners for the changing football environment.

bump.

Any takers ?

Answer the question.

I answered the question.

Last time, there was less money in the game, and the league remained very domestic. It was easy for Newcastle to sign Ginola. If a Ginola became available today, we would find ourselves behind many other clubs just due to the changes in the ways transfers are conducted these days. Furthermore, if a club looked like breaking the top four monopoly, that club could spend £40m on three players to keep themselves there, and we couldn't compete.

So the answer is no, but you can't blame the owners for the changing football environment.

two out of two admit that Ashley isn't going to match the last owners with the same manager .

Any more ?