Old link with Derdiyok

Cronky

Newcastle to make move for Swiss star Eren Derdiyok

By Mirror.co.uk  25/06/2008

Kevin Keegan wants Switzerland's Euro 2008 hot-shot Eren Derdiyok.

The 20-year-old was also watched by Arsenal during the tournament but caught Newcastle's eye.

Basle striker Derdiyok is rated in the £6m bracket by his club, but is eager to move to the Premier League - and Keegan likes the fact that he is a big, strong target man.

(Shoot ye not the messenger)

Newcastle to make move for Swiss star Eren Derdiyok

By Mirror.co.uk  25/06/2008

Kevin Keegan wants Switzerland's Euro 2008 hot-shot Eren Derdiyok.

The 20-year-old was also watched by Arsenal during the tournament but caught Newcastle's eye.

Basle striker Derdiyok is rated in the £6m bracket by his club, but is eager to move to the Premier League - and Wise likes the fact that he is a young, big, strong target man.

(Shoot ye not the messenger)

(mischief making)

Guest Harry-Norway

What a big surprise boys and girls,are Toon really linked with a new palyer?????????????

I think i ve read about 250 other players we been linked to this summer.

Start buying and leave us from all these stupid links,we are soon linked with half of the players in Europe

What a big surprise boys and girls,are Toon really linked with a new palyer?????????????

Start buying and leave us from all these stupid links,we are soon linked with half of the players in Europe

Harry - Keegan spoke on BBC Radio Newcastle this morning to say that he wouldn't be bringing anyone in before the end of July, he doesn't want to pay wages for players who aren't playing - looks like you'll have to wait!

Harry - Keegan spoke on BBC Radio Newcastle this morning to say that he wouldn't be bringing anyone in before the end of July, he doesn't want to pay wages for players who aren't playing - looks like you'll have to wait!

OMG, another month full of speculation...

this keeping optimistic about actually signing any players is getting more and more difficult *sighs*

hope it's not going to be another bowyer summer again

Guest teepee

from the little i've seen he could be a good prospect.

and as someone said, he fits the bill regarding age and potential.

i would like to see us add a couple of players of his type to the squad

Guest JonnyH

Everytime I've seen him play he's looked sharp and quick. Has the physique for the English game so he won't need long to adjust to the game.

£6million is crazy talk though.

Didn't someone on here tell us to watch him in the Euros?

I liked what I saw from him, and he is the kind of player we need. I'd say that £6m is, unfortunately, a fair price for him in todays market.

Did he really say that?

Did he really say that?

Pretty sure he didn't.

Did he really say that?

If he did say this then dear god he and the club have lost the plot... :kasper: