Old link with Derdiyok

Cronky

Harry - Keegan spoke on BBC Radio Newcastle this morning to say that he wouldn't be bringing anyone in before the end of July, he doesn't want to pay wages for players who aren't playing - looks like you'll have to wait!

A large percentage of this board is waiting for you to come back and say that was a joke.

Harry - Keegan spoke on BBC Radio Newcastle this morning to say that he wouldn't be bringing anyone in before the end of July, he doesn't want to pay wages for players who aren't playing - looks like you'll have to wait!

A large percentage of this board is waiting for you to come back and say that was a joke.

Praying it is joke

Guest reefatoon

Haha, of course it was a joke!!

We have pre season games to play, you need to bed players in then, not sign new players to throw straight into the first game of the season!

From what I've seen from the Euro's i think he'd be a good buy.

He's big, strong, quick but no Oba, decent touch.

He's also, unless injury prevents him, only going to better the more he plays for both club and country and for £6m we could do a lot worse and he is very likely to want to move here too and not just for the money for a change.

Some people on here want to take their head out their arse and see that this is the type of player we need not the so called big name/big wage/big transfer fee players that have failed us so spectacularly in the past (I'd name players names but I'd be here all day). We need young, improving players that have hunger and desire to want to play and prove themselves in the shirt and ones that can only get better.

Stood out more than Gomis and Gomez and looked a very promising prospect at just 19 years old. Was able to perform on what was a pretty big stage for the youngster. £6 million wouldn't be bad business at all.

I've watched him play 3 or 4 times now, and I honestly can't even remember him being on the pitch. Is that a good or a bad thing?

So you say you watched him but at the same time can't remember him being on the pitch!?

Sounds to me like a bad thing in regard to your mental health.

:cheesy:

Some people on here want to take their head out their arse and see that this is the type of player we need not the so called big name/big wage/big transfer fee players that have failed us so spectacularly in the past (I'd name players names but I'd be here all day). We need young, improving players that have hunger and desire to want to play and prove themselves in the shirt and ones that can only get better.

Wise words  O0

Guest elbee909

Yes, young and improving players like Viana, JD Tomasson, Carl Cort, Lua Lua, Gavilan, Maric... Oh.

Guest nufc_geordie

This fits in with the sensible business plan we seem to have now. Get these young players in, let them gel together over a couple of seasons and progress as a unit. The fact they aren't superstars is a great thing, they stil have many things to achieve in their careers and a purpose. They won't be coming here just to pick up their wages. I'm looking forwards to see how this strategy develops.

Yes, young and improving players like Viana, JD Tomasson, Carl Cort, Lua Lua, Gavilan, Maric... Oh.

Oh come on. You would have done the same, if someone asked for experienced players... Kluivert, Luque, Boumsong, Marcelino. I am not the most optimistic guy, but that's just beyond...

Guest Sniffer

If this is true, then it looks like we are at last aware that we aren't going to get any of the high profile targets we have been linked with. Some swiss no name looks to be about the level we've sunk to but is probably more realistic for us.

At this point I have absolutely no confidence in next season, particularly if KK is going to go shopping for euro trash that he has not looked at very closely prior to the tournament and identified as a priority target.