Llambias: sale stories are all utter nonsense

They've used the same picture again too. :lol:

As someone pointed out earlier in this thread (IIRC), it's obviously one of the few they have where he's not having a right laugh.

“An astute businessman like him should have known football wouldn’t make him a shed-load of money." Yet, if the deal is true he will of. What an odd statement.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/transfernews/article1383695.ece Peddling the Martins story again with quotes for a change.

What the fuck did they expect him to say? 'No, Arsenal are a smaller club than Newcastle. What I'm really holding out for is a move to Bolton.'?

I agree, can't see Arsenal wanting him but I do like the way the way they're stalling over the £15m pricetag despite him havin a £13m release clause, things must really have gone to pot since David Dein left.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/transfernews/article1383695.ece Peddling the Martins story again with quotes for a change.

What the fuck did they expect him to say? 'No, Arsenal are a smaller club than Newcastle. What I'm really holding out for is a move to Bolton.'?

I agree, can't see Arsenal wanting him but I do like the way the way they're stalling over the £15m pricetag despite him havin a £13m release clause, things must really have gone to pot since David Dein left.

mackems.gif

Fuck's sake. I knew as soon as i got Martins on the back of my new away shirt he'd be off. Happened last season with Nobby, it'll happen this season with Oba. I'm gonna ring em tomorrow and change it to Duff.

Fuck's sake. I knew as soon as i got Martins on the back of my new away shirt he'd be off. Happened last season with Nobby, it'll happen this season with Oba. I'm gonna ring em tomorrow and change it to Duff.

Get Taylor on your back.

Guest Heneage

I know i'll get slated to fuck but sod it.

To date, Arsenal have made one formal attempt for Oba, January gone, that's why he was offered the new contract and what have you. He genuinly loves it up here, both club and fans alike and its not all a pretty act like others. If he was to go anywhere, it would be Arsenal or back to Italy, where hes still highly regarded, as Juventus had made an enquiry.

Wait til September 1st then. :lol:

Guest MaetihS

No smoke without fire....i do think that MA is trying to sell the club. May be a good thing if he managed to sell to some Middle Eastern rich oil baron who is willing to spend big. Seriously, MA is running the club too business like whose aim is to cut costs to improve margins.

The Independent:

"These stories are absolute nonsense," said a Newcastle spokesman, "and we are growing increasingly tired of having to respond to this sort of story."

Once again there was no direct response from Ashley or from his new managing director at the club, Derek Llambias, and in part their silence fuels the rumours emanating from the City of London that Ashley has let it be known that he would be a willing seller should a purchaser offer sufficient money, in this case around £400m.

mackems.gif

So it actually has to be Ashley himself, in person, that comes out and denies these "rumours" (i.e. fabricated bollocks). Perhaps he should do a gig at St James' or write a book to get his point across?

So basically, the journalist is saying "A Newcastle spokesperson told us this was absolute nonsense, but we all know they are lying and Ashley does want to sell" fucking hell :lol: