Llambias: sale stories are all utter nonsense

Optimistic Nut

For every Ashley, Lerner, Glazer and Hicks, there are several jokers like Carson Yeung who can't genuinely buy a Premier League club, but try anyway.

Fair chance that this American lot are too.

For every Ashley, Lerner, Glazer and Hicks, there are several jokers like Carson Yeung who can't genuinely buy a Premier League club, but try anyway.

Fair chance that this American lot are too.

Jokers? I think not.

Guest Ian56

So it wasn't the cavalry that came over the hill to save us but a reclusive fat bloke on a donkey who keeps his money in his sock.

We're being streamlined into a more lean outfit with particular emphasis on youth for the academy. Cutting costs/wages is the order of the day. Get rid of the excess baggage. Keegan has been told of the club's new priorities as regards funds and potential purchases. No more blockbusters (Modric was a non starter due to the gulability and gluttony of his agent dazzled by big city lights) A larger than expected debt is paid off and other scores settled or dismissed. We are now freshly plucked as it were. So the next part of the game is afoot. A whisper here, a nudge and a wink there  - but not from NUFC obviously guv. Hope, expectation and trust are not easy bedfellows with cold hard finance.  Like everyone here I have no evidence one way of the other - just that feeling that something isn't quite right behind the scenes.

Everyone loves their toys on Christmas Day but come Boxing day they aren't as much fun anymore. The genie is out of the bottle and we are on the market - in stealth mode of course.

So it wasn't the cavalry that came over the hill to save us but a reclusive fat bloke on a donkey who keeps his money in his sock.

We're being streamlined into a more lean outfit with particular emphasis on youth for the academy. Cutting costs/wages is the order of the day. Get rid of the excess baggage. Keegan has been told of the club's new priorities as regards funds and potential purchases. No more blockbusters (Modric was a non starter due to the gulability and gluttony of his agent dazzled by big city lights) A larger than expected debt is paid off and other scores settled or dismissed. We are now freshly plucked as it were. So the next part of the game is afoot. A whisper here, a nudge and a wink there  - but not from NUFC obviously guv. Hope, expectation and trust are not easy bedfellows with cold hard finance.  Like everyone here I have no evidence one way of the other - just that feeling that something isn't quite right behind the scenes.

Everyone loves their toys on Christmas Day but come Boxing day they aren't as much fun anymore. The genie is out of the bottle and we are on the market - in stealth mode of course.

:idiot2:  Take your head for a shit you moron..

I don't have a clue as to whether Ashley wants to sell - and really unless you're ITK you all don't either.

My question is a bit more conspiratorial. Does Murdoch have any links to Intermedia? The Sun has never been all that interested in us has it? All of a sudden two damaging news stories in two days from the biggest Murdoch rag of them all. If the NOTW or the Sunday Times or the Times start to run daily anti Keegan, anti Ashley, anti anything NUFC in the next few days it starts to smell of Murdoch.

Mind you - I love a conspiracy theory like.

:idiot2:  Take your head for a s*** you moron..

what's the matter son, too many long words for you?

Long words?, how f***ing thick are you if you think those were long words? :lol:  No apart from the completely over the top whining my problem is the lack of logic in the section I highlighted.  As if the Modric bid can just be excused simply because we didn't end up getting him..

Guest Ian56

:idiot2:  Take your head for a s*** you moron..

Apologies, the fault was mine. That part in bold was meant to be in jest and I tried to put one of those smiley wiggly things after lights and I obviously missed. No fool like an old fool.

Long words?, how f***ing thick are you if you think those were long words? :lol:  No apart from the completely over the top whining my problem is the lack of logic in the section I highlighted.  As if the Modric bid can just be excused simply because we didn't end up getting him..

As I know the difference between "their" and "there", nowhere near as thick as you.

Don't tell me that not only have you stooped to the depths of forum insults by picking out spelling mistakes, but you've actually looked back pages to find one (or possibly another thread even).  You sad b****** you! :lol:

I don't have to look so far:

People who wear glass dunce caps shouldn't throw stones you stupid c*** :D

Someone offered them Newcastle United. Whether it was Ashley or someone on his behalf. Deal with it.

They claim that someone offered them the club, that doesn't mean it's true.

Again, why would they lie?

To get their name into the British domain for future plans? We;ve already denied it, not going to do it again so a perfect media opportunity for a media company me thinks

Guest elbee909

Well I don't care how verbose any criticism might be.  Allardyce was given money to spend by Ashley, was he not?  So it's not like he's never thrown the odd coin or two around already.  I don't know if anyone had noticed but simply buying expensive players seems a mite harder than it once was for us, so don't be surprised if we don't sign Messi next week.

All the media crap is just shit thrown together where there's a vacuum of information.  They're desperate for stories and are pulling the "if you don't give us news we'll make shit up" trick.  Again.  And people wonder why Ashley doesn't talk to these meeja cocks.

We're not following the Chelsea model.  We're going down the Man Utd/Arsenal path.  Be happier.

Allardyce was given money to spend by Ashley, was he not?  So it's not like he's never thrown the odd coin or two around already.

Err, no he wasn´t, not really anyway.. He mainly had to fund his acquisitions by selling players. Net spend so far on the playing staff (transfer fees) over a one year period has been well under 10 million, which is quite low considering what clubs around us have spent..

Allardyce was given money to spend by Ashley, was he not?  So it's not like he's never thrown the odd coin or two around already.

Err, no he wasn´t, not really anyway.. He mainly had to fund his acquisitions by selling players. Net spend so far on the playing staff (transfer fees) over a one year period has been well under 10 million, which is quite low considering what clubs around us have spent..

Mike Ashleys paid off 50-100m in debt off think its quite fair of him to not hand out endless amounts on signings too, at least for a couple of seasons anyways

Guest elbee909

So if he'd bankrolled Sam more, you'd have been more happy?  In hindsight I think he gave him just enough rope to hang himself with and am glad he didn't get the chance to spend any more, would have been Souness-spending all over again.  I think it's all about value for money these days - and that doesn't equate to not spending big where it's warranted.

One of Allardyce's main selling points was his supposed ability to work well on a tight budget. Ashley, as the man who acquired him rather than hired him, was totally entitled to ask him to prove he could do that before giving him more money.

He failed.

I'm glad he didn't get anymore given the players he bought. The defenders were alright but he wouldn't know a good attacking player if one came and smashed him round that fat head - he even tried to use Viduka as something to bounce long balls off.

Don't tell me that not only have you stooped to the depths of forum insults by picking out spelling mistakes, but you've actually looked back pages to find one (or possibly another thread even).  You sad b****** you! :lol:

If you can educate me as to my spelling mistake there (their? they're?), I'm all ears. Otherwise, f**k off.

Oh, and I didn't have to look back through your posts, the error caught my eye when I first read it. Of course, if your general patter hadn't been utter shite, I'd have let it go. 

Not really fair to say that Allarcyce had to fund most of his transfers by selling players.  The likes of Dyer wanted to go, we didn't sell them to bring in cash for any of the players we signed (we even kept signing players when Dyer's transfer initially collapsed).

Also lets remember we've made relatively large bids for players, Ashley can hardly be blamed or accused of not being willing to spend when we miss out on a target..

If you can educate me as to my spelling mistake there (their? they're?), I'm all ears. Otherwise, f**k off.

Oh, and I didn't have to look back through your posts, the error caught my eye when I first read it. Of course, if your general patter hadn't been utter s****, I'd have let it go.   

Now you can't even use quotes properly you thick fuck, how embarrassing for you  :-[

Oh, and I didn't have to look back through your posts, the error caught my eye when I first read it. Of course, if your general patter hadn't been utter s****, I'd have let it go.   

Now you can't even use quotes properly you thick f***, how embarrassing for you  :-[

My apologies for knowing my way around the English language better than a message board. So what was wrong with that sentence of mine?

He didn't mention your spelling; he may have meant the first letter in the sentence being lower case.  :dontknow:

He didn't mention your spelling; he may have meant the first letter in the sentence being lower case.   :dontknow:

I think you'll find he criticised me for "picking out spelling mistakes" and then said "I don't have to look so far:" QED.

What's it to you anyhow? Or is that another question you won't answer?

I think you'll find he criticised me for "picking out spelling mistakes" and then said "I don't have to look so far:" QED.

What's it to you anyhow? Or is that another question you won't answer?

You picked out a spelling mistake, he highlighted your grammar and I highlighted that is maybe what he was on about.   :rolleyes: