Llambias: sale stories are all utter nonsense

Optimistic Nut

Front page of the Sun tomorrow 'Hitlers In Toon' - Infamous Nazi dictator is back from the dead and has vowed to make Nufc Premier League champions when he takes the reigns at SJP.

Some clueless cunts would believe it.

Even if it was Ashley that approached Intermedia, everyone is making the assumption that it was to sell the club.  Ashley knows Intermedia are looking to get into footy in Europe so why not offer them a piece of the action, and when I say a piece, I mean a small piece, not the whole club.  It's called inviting investment.  Businesses do this all the time without selling the family jewels.

Very good point, that could be why Wise and Jimenez are in Dubai next couple of weeks.

Which would be understandable if the club was owned by someone with limited funds (ie previous regime) and wanted it to expand, but in Ashley's circumstances it really does make me ask: why?

You don't become billionaire without exploiting every money making opportunity.

I'd imagine a medium term lease on the surrounding land including allowed development would be very profitable to the club.

Even if it was Ashley that approached Intermedia, everyone is making the assumption that it was to sell the club.  Ashley knows Intermedia are looking to get into footy in Europe so why not offer them a piece of the action, and when I say a piece, I mean a small piece, not the whole club.  It's called inviting investment.  Businesses do this all the time without selling the family jewels.

Very good point, that could be why Wise and Jimenez are in Dubai next couple of weeks.

Which would be understandable if the club was owned by someone with limited funds (ie previous regime) and wanted it to expand, but in Ashley's circumstances it really does make me ask: why?

I'd imagine a medium term lease on the surrounding land including allowed development would be very profitable to the club.

That's a massive assumption.

That's a massive assumption.

Not like this entire pyramid of quotes isn't built off of them tbf.

Isn't that old news. i'm sure there was something in the nationals a few months ago. It's spread betting or something like that

It is old news and shows how much shit stirring is going on at the minute.

Interesting, they are obviously having a secret meeting with Osama with a view to selling up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/07/newcastleunited.premierleague?gusrc=rss&feed=sport

Wheyze Keyze Louise peddling more unsubstantiated (and clearly plaigiarized) bullshit.

Incidentally I set foot in her delightful "city" tonight for the first time in about six years when I had to get the rail replacement from sunderland into the Toon. You know when you slag a place off then next time you go there, you realise it's really not as bad as you thought? sunderland's nothing like that. What a fucking hovel. :nope:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/07/newcastleunited.premierleague?gusrc=rss&feed=sport

Wheyze Keyze Louise peddling more unsubstantiated (and clearly plaigiarized) bullshit.

Incidentally I set foot in her delightful "city" tonight for the first time in about six years when I had to get the rail replacement from sunderland into the Toon. You know when you slag a place off then next time you go there, you realise it's really not as bad as you thought? sunderland's nothing like that. What a f***ing hovel. :nope:

where on earth had you been ?

I've heard that the Govt are putting pressure on MA to sell to the Bin Laden's in the hope that Osama will turn up in a Toon shirt & they'll nab him at the match. Brilliant plan, he'll be the one with a beard. Could be foiled if the Bin Laden's hatch a cunning plan & give everyone a free Osama mask instead of a scarf that day. I'd certainly wear mine & hope that I don't get shot for showing my support for my club.

Osama, oooooooh

Osama, oooooooh

He's from Afghanistan

I'd let him shag my mam.

Newcastle fans have reacted furiously after learning that relatives of Osama Bin Laden are among the front runners to buy their club. The Bin Ladens, who own a Saudi Arabian building firm, are set to bid £300m for the Premier League club. (The Sun)

I've heard that the Govt are putting pressure on MA to sell to the Bin Laden's in the hope that Osama will turn up in a Toon shirt & they'll nab him at the match. Brilliant plan, he'll be the one with a beard. Could be foiled if the Bin Laden's hatch a cunning plan & give everyone a free Osama mask instead of a scarf that day. I'd certainly wear mine & hope that I don't get shot for showing my support for my club.

Osama, oooooooh

Osama, oooooooh

He's from Afghanistan

I'd let him shag my mam.

You need to forward that to Trey Parker and Matt Stone...

Guest Spark

I hate it when papers come out with, "Toon fans think this, Toon fans think that", when there is actually no way of knowing what we think. For some reason they seem to think this Frank Gilmour bloke represents the entire fanbase. Bunch of wankers.

I wonder how many members his 'Association' has? This site had 2500 odd.  I bet if you email the press or setanta or something telling them his association is a load of bollocks and we have 2500 members, someone off here could be the 'Official' spokesmen for the fans as I bet we on here have a much better idea of what other fans think. 

Only problem is whoever it was wouldnt say what the media want.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1339787,00.html

MD Rubbishes Reports

NEWCASTLE United Managing Director Derek Llambias has rubbished tabloid speculation that the Club could soon be sold.

The Magpies have installed a new-look executive management team ahead of the new season which is committed to furthering the long-term development of the Club.

And, with reports emerging over the weekend that the Club could be put up for sale, Mr Llambias has moved quickly to correct such rumour.

"At a time when everyone at Newcastle United is working hard to prepare for the new season ahead, it is annoying that we have to continually correct inaccurate newspaper stories," he explained.

"Whoever is putting these stories around is clearly trying to destabilise the Club and you wonder what their motives are for doing this.

"By putting a new management structure in place this year, by investing in new signings at first team and academy level, and by introducing cheaper tickets for our younger fans, the long-term commitment and vision for Newcastle United is there for all to see.

"Those actions speak louder than any words and I'm sure supporters see these stories for what they are - utter nonsense."

To the tune of Blaydon Races

I went to Bin Laden Races

I didn't have a clue

He's a terrorist, his dog's a terrorist, his mates are terrorists too

We took the tank from Balmbra's and she was heavy laden

Off we went down Collingwood Street on our war of terror

Oh my lads you should have us shooting

Bombing infidels along the way

Just as they were standing

We hate Makems and Smoggies too

Including Bernie Slaven

MD Rubbishes Reports

NEWCASTLE United Managing Director Derek Llambias has rubbished tabloid speculation that the Club could soon be sold.

The Magpies have installed a new-look executive management team ahead of the new season which is committed to furthering the long-term development of the Club.

And, with reports emerging over the weekend that the Club could be put up for sale, Mr Llambias has moved quickly to correct such rumour.

"At a time when everyone at Newcastle United is working hard to prepare for the new season ahead, it is annoying that we have to continually correct inaccurate newspaper stories," he explained.

"Whoever is putting these stories around is clearly trying to destabilise the Club and you wonder what their motives are for doing this.

"By putting a new management structure in place this year, by investing in new signings at first team and academy level, and by introducing cheaper tickets for our younger fans, the long-term commitment and vision for Newcastle United is there for all to see.

"Those actions speak louder than any words and I'm sure supporters see these stories for what they are - utter nonsense."

He shouldn't have had to tell folk it was bollocks but I'm glad he has. Might just shut some of the retards up for a bit.

MD Rubbishes Reports

Fantastic, needed to be done, you can lock this up now :)