What are your expectations for next season?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think the internet should be SHUT DOWN in the summer months so we could all go back to getting our transfer news from teletext.

Also, you'd still get players being sold and saying things like "the first I knew about it was when I saw it on teletext".

Although, having said that, most players are so mentally backward, they probably can't work out how to use that there internet.

Dave - seriously, you think that's a good letter? The guy can barely string a sentence together and things such as:

"Tabloids are speculating faster and wronger than ever before. Why? Because nothing newsworthy is really going on."

"When Andy Cole went to Man Yoo, I was gutted. He was crap before we sold him, but he was still my hero."

"Ah the mid-nineties I was happier then. I didn't have to watch Sky Sports News for hours waiting for some Newcastle-related things to happen. I didn't have to peruse endless blog sites looking to burden someone with my opinion. My mum wouldn't let me phone Teamtalk, It was too expensive, and mostly as much crap as it is now. I wasn't as...obsessed." (not even sure what the hell this means!)

"But it is not enough. They aren't satisfying because 'we' (I should stress at this point I have never played for Newcastle United) still haven't won anything. Man Yoo fans will be listening to Giggs regail them with tales of 2 CLs and 10 EPLs. We get John Beresford telling us how much Steven Taylor has improved."

"So what is the reason we are all miserable? Because Newcastle were crap last year. "

All that irked me somewhat...

He's saying that all the extra information available these days is mostly bullshit; it was far more exciting and worthwhile when we knew nothing about signings beforehand. He's depressed that nothing seems to be happening, but he knows full well that he's depressed for no good reason. The real reason he should be depressed is that we were crap last year.

For the love of god, it seems some expect rather more... Although i can't even decipher what the below is even trying to say. If anyone has 5 spare minutes please send something to F365 to let them know we aren't all total retards:

Maybe we've just discovered DaehtihS's real name...

Erm...what exactly is wrong with that text? Pretty much spot on in my opinion.

Hmmm... k, well i'm looking like being outvoted on this one, the whole thing came across as a rambling whine to me, half bitching at the club for there being no gossip going around and half saying if gossip did go round we'd fall on our ass because of it... Maybe i read it incorrectly, but i have re-read a couple of times and it seems still seems like some mid-90s bandwagon jumper with schitzophrenia(sp?) getting annoyed because we aren't in the press every day.

Dave - seriously, you think that's a good letter? The guy can barely string a sentence together and things such as:

"Tabloids are speculating faster and wronger than ever before. Why? Because nothing newsworthy is really going on."

"When Andy Cole went to Man Yoo, I was gutted. He was crap before we sold him, but he was still my hero."

"Ah the mid-nineties I was happier then. I didn't have to watch Sky Sports News for hours waiting for some Newcastle-related things to happen. I didn't have to peruse endless blog sites looking to burden someone with my opinion. My mum wouldn't let me phone Teamtalk, It was too expensive, and mostly as much crap as it is now. I wasn't as...obsessed." (not even sure what the hell this means!)

"But it is not enough. They aren't satisfying because 'we' (I should stress at this point I have never played for Newcastle United) still haven't won anything. Man Yoo fans will be listening to Giggs regail them with tales of 2 CLs and 10 EPLs. We get John Beresford telling us how much Steven Taylor has improved."

"So what is the reason we are all miserable? Because Newcastle were crap last year. "

All that irked me somewhat...

He's saying that all the extra information available these days is mostly bullshit; it was far more exciting and worthwhile when we knew nothing about signings beforehand. He's depressed that nothing seems to be happening, but he knows full well that he's depressed for no good reason. The real reason he should be depressed is that we were crap last year.

hehe, i see i must read things completely differently to everyone else... My bad, then

Guest The Libertine

the quality we need to get up the table has yet to arrive, so for now mid-table mediocrity.

I must admit it sounded like someone rambling on about a load of shite just for the sake of something to whinge at. All because we didn't have a good season last year. It sounded very pessimistic and unenthusiastic to me.

Having said that from what Dave said I reckon that is probably a mnore accurate description of this piece.

Guest loonietoonie

the quality we need to get up the table has yet to arrive, so for now mid-table mediocrity.

quoted for truth with our a current squad we wont venture up the table

I'm expecting us to finish fairly comfortably in the top half, but we need to start scrutinising certain things if we're not atleast pushing for UEFA Cup spots. I'm not saying i demand us to get into the Top 6 or 7 - and i don't expect that - but if we're spending the majority of the season lingering around 9th-12th without really a shout of Europe, then it's a bit disappointing.

I know, it's steady going and it's a brand new era for us, but we've got a lot of good players in this squad, (with more to come to come as far as i'm concerned). A good set-up in the background, too.

I think it's pretty important that we're in Europe the season after next; we can't be making a habit of the likes of Pompey and Villa offering more than us, when it comes to player recruitment. The longer it goes on, the harder it'll be to claw our way bay up the pecking order. Next season, we need to be high enough to atleast qualify for the Intertoto spots imo.

I'd consider 9th a successful outcome, just so long as it's not our season best. :thup:

Guest Brummiemag

Based on the current squad I will see it as a reasonably good season and an improvement if we finish around 8th to 11th, playing some decent football, maybe with a cup run thrown in. Year on year improvement is what Im looking for. I think its unrealistic to expect more than that.

Guest Sniffer

I expect us to get our goal difference into the positive.

If we concede 65 goals again next season we'll be going nowhere as I don't see us scoring anywhere close to that figure.. Except down perhaps.

I am expecting a cold hard gray plastic seat with little leg room...

Also expect to see the staff in their new uniforms whilst robbing us blind for burgers, drinks, pies and hotdogs.

http://www.clearlabelling.com/images/robber_01.jpg

Well we came 12th last season after being shambolic for the majority of the year, so I think the top 10 is definitely realistic. I'd be happy with 10th and building from there, as long as we do it strongly and don't scrape up there at the very end.

Would basically just like to see a consistent-ish season without any sleapless nights over going down.

Guest icemanblue

My wish is to see us challenging the new 'eurpoean elite' set, outside of the big four.  My realistic expectation is to finish in the top ten.

Guest Darth Toon

I think KK could get top 8 comfortably with last season's squad, top 6 is well achievable with a few more decent acquisitions.

The club has done a great job in lowering my expectations to just a top half finish. It wasn't long ago when NUFC were a top 4 team, then we slipped to being just a euro contender now clearly most of us see us as nothing more than a mid table team. It's kind of depressing really.

The club has done a great job in lowering my expectations to just a top half finish. It wasn't long ago when NUFC were a top 4 team, then we slipped to being just a euro contender now clearly most of us see us as nothing more than a mid table team. It's kind of depressing really.

I suppose it is, but you can only deal with the situation as you find it. Better to be climbing up year on year from the lower position than plummeting towards the bottom like we were doing.

What's your expectation for next season then?

Guest JamesD

Fighting for UEFA Cup spots, because with the way the cups usually work out, that means 6th or 7th, and places 5-10 are usually fairly tight. If we don't get into the UEFA Cup, i'd maybe like to see a decent cup run, which we haven't had in a while. However, the only thing I really want is for the team to play some decent football, because after Souness, Roeder, and Allardyce, I'm pretty sick of whats been on offer.

I think we'd have finished 9th or 10th had Keegan been here all of last season so at this time I think 9th or 10th.  If we sign some quality then the UEFA isn't impossible.