What are your expectations for next season?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The club has done a great job in lowering my expectations to just a top half finish. It wasn't long ago when NUFC were a top 4 team, then we slipped to being just a euro contender now clearly most of us see us as nothing more than a mid table team. It's kind of depressing really.

What's your expectation for next season then?

Like I said top half, nothing more nothing less, yet another dull season. Of course that can all change with a couple of signings that set the pulses running. Still waiting for that though and not holding my breath that it will happen.

I expect a top half finish at 10th spot.  Would love for us to challenge for a European spot, but there are too many teams ahead of us.  Saying that, I do feel we have some key players to achieve a Euro spot assuming we make some decent signings to fill the squad out.  Below are the teams which we have to compete against for the top half finish based on last seasons league ending.  I've put down where I think they will finish this season assuming we get my expectation of 10th.

Everton - Stay at 5th

Aston Villa - Down to 7th

Blackburn Rovers - Down to 9th

Portsmouth - Up to 6th

Manchester City - Down to 11th

West Ham Utd - Down to 12th

Tottenham - Up to 8th

The club has done a great job in lowering my expectations to just a top half finish. It wasn't long ago when NUFC were a top 4 team, then we slipped to being just a euro contender now clearly most of us see us as nothing more than a mid table team. It's kind of depressing really.

Like I said top half, nothing more nothing less, yet another dull season. Of course that can all change with a couple of signings that set the pulses running. Still waiting for that though and not holding my breath that it will happen.

Cheers. I actually completely missed the word 'my' in your initial sentence, sorry.

Unbelievable! spotted my error too. ;)

Guest BooBoo

Somewhere between 11th and 14th at this moment in time.

really? I think a full season with Keegan at the helm wouldn't do any worse than what we got last year.

I just think a few injuries in key areas and we'll be up the creek.

Cheers. I actually completely missed the word 'my' in your initial sentence, sorry.

Unbelievable! spotted my error too. ;)

Now if you could only admit you were wrong with all the other bullshit you post then we would be in business :) Just messing with ya.

really? I think a full season with Keegan at the helm wouldn't do any worse than what we got last year.

Yeah that is always a concern.  Villa had the smallest squad last season and my mate who's a Villa fan is convinced that they'd been fucked if they got caught with the kind of injury levels that we have suffered in recent years.

Yeah that is always a concern.  Villa had the smallest squad last season and my mate who's a Villa fan is convinced that they'd been fucked if they got caught with the kind of injury levels that we have suffered in recent years.

Hence the need for signings like Guthrie. Sure he's not going to pull up many trees, but he can't possibly be any worse than chucking the likes of Alan Smith in there.

i think we will finish around 8-9th...With 3-4 quality signings 6th-7th place isn't impossible..But i dont think we will sign that many quality players im afraid, if any with enough of quality to strengthen the team alot...

Guest mobiius

I am not expecting much tbh i do expect a bit of consistency and a good base for the next few seasons.

Yeah that is always a concern.  Villa had the smallest squad last season and my mate who's a Villa fan is convinced that they'd been f***ed if they got caught with the kind of injury levels that we have suffered in recent years.

Hence the need for signings like Guthrie. Sure he's not going to pull up many trees, but he can't possibly be any worse than chucking the likes of Alan Smith in there.

Agreed.  We still need to sign some big players to cover some 1st team spots, but we should defo try to get 3 or 4 youth players in the £2m-bracket who can thicken the squad out.  If we are lucky we can find a gem or two.

Mid-table if the squad building - if that term could be used to describe what's going on so far - continues in it's current vein. Still time yet, but I expected a more go-get-'em attitude from Ashley tbh.

Comfortable top half finish.  No flirtation with relegation.  More entertaining football.  Obvious progress to build on in the following season.  A couple of youngsters staking a claim for the first team.  No humiliating performances.  Owen scoring 20+ goals and staying fit.

Comfortable top half finish.  No flirtation with relegation.  More entertaining football.  Obvious progress to build on in the following season.  A couple of youngsters staking a claim for the first team.  No humiliating performances.  Owen scoring 20+ goals and staying fit.

Nice way to put it.  Agree.

We're gonna win da fucking league man! :indi:

Or alternatively, as I actually voted, I expect us to be comfortably in the top half...though perhaps not as comfortably as once we used to take for granted under SBR.

I also think we're well overdue a decent cup run. I expect us to go crashing out at the semi-finals stage, naturally.  :laugh2:

Top half would be nice, if we manage to bring in some quality to the squad.  So far this is just about the same squad that managed to just about take us down last year - not that I'm worried about that, the three relegation places were just about sealed on play-off final day, and it wouldn't surprise me to see two two teams going for Derby's record next year.