Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Well Deportivo have said it's completed...

Remember last year when Beye was signing? Marseille took him off their squad page at about 23:00, but we didn't confirm until the window had shut.

He hasn't had his medical mate, no transfer can be completed without that.

Enrique, there is no proof that he hasn't had his medical. Deportivo say he is officially a Newcastle player. Surely that must mean he's had a medical.

Surely the medical must take place in England, if he's making a press conference in La Coruna today then it's unlikely he's even left the country and if he has completed the medical then I wouldn't understand why we wouldn't have announced it this morning, anyway, he'll be a Newcastle player soon I was just saying until the medical is done he won't be officially ours ;)

Just a question, and excuse my ignorance if its the case, but surely a medical can take place anywhere that the officials/medical team/physios are in...aslong as they monitor the player, and he is up to scratch, within a fifa registered building, this should be ok?

Fifa registered building? most of ours are done in the local hospitals or at our training ground... and yes they can be done anywhere, as long as our team are there to oversee it.

Ok then, hypothetically he's had his medical, what's stopping us from announcing it? If both sides have put pen to paper and he's had his medical I don't see why it wouldn't be completed.

Just because it hasn't been confirmed, doesn't mean it hasn't been completed. There aren't people waiting around at SJP to tell us about transfers as soon as they come in. It will happen, just be patient man.

Ok then, hypothetically he's had his medical, what's stopping us from announcing it? If both sides have put pen to paper and he's had his medical I don't see why it wouldn't be completed.

Just because it hasn't been confirmed, doesn't mean it hasn't been completed. There aren't people waiting around at SJP to tell us about transfers as soon as they come in. It will happen, just be patient man.

I know it's going to happen :lol: I was just making a point..

They've said before (like with Guthrie) that we have an agreement to sign [player] for an initial [money] subject to a medical.

If the medical is all thats left, then there's nothing stopping them doing this and just getting the whole thing out the way.

There's no doubt in my mind that he'll be playing in the black & white this season, so meh.

I think the two clubs have signed the transfer papers.  Depor cannot pull out now unless he fails his medical or we dont agree terms.  He wont fail his medical and we have already agreed terms.

NUFC wont confirm the deal until the players contract has been signed.

As far as Depor are concerned it's over, hence they have confirmed the sale.

I think the two clubs have signed the transfer papers.  Depor cannot pull out now unless he fails his medical or we dont agree terms.  He wont fail his medical and we have already agreed terms.

NUFC wont confirm the deal until the players contract has been signed.

As far as Depor are concerned it's over, hence they have confirmed the sale.

QFT.

I much preferred the signings of Jonas and Guthrie, done without us having any knowledge of the deals whatsoever...

Not our fault like, Depor opened their mouths, as well as his agent. So far i don't even think anyone at our club has mentioned his name.

Guest neesy111

wonder what all the fuss is about. we havent even officially announced bassong's signing as far as i remember. the deal will be done.

so potentialy we could have our 2 next signings appear from nowhere for old trafford, i like it

Exactly, it's time we started getting used to this way of doing things. There's a good possiblility we will never hear "confirmation" as such, we may have to simply have to wait until he turns up.

Chances are that Keegan will make some comments when he does sign.