Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Fuck me I just hope Anal's wide of the mark as usual because sounds like a right fucking stuff up.

We'll get drilled in the ass Sunday if Owen, Martins, Faye are all out and Shola is gone we can always rely on Duff and Good old Smith!  Fuck me!

If the paper work is not here in time for the argie lads then it's just giving the media more ammo to slate us.

We bring it on ourselves

Depressing reading!

Everton eyeing swoop for NUFC target Tiago

Aug 14 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

And the same applies to Jonas Gutierrez, whose paperwork still had not arrived at St James Park from Spain by first post today, and unless it comes he will miss out on the opener at Old Trafford.

how the hell do they know is hasn't arrived by the first post?! Oliver going through peoples post now?

ahh first post, the post that hurts the most.

"Certainly United do not believe in doing things in a hurry these days".

The one thing I agree with. We haven't exactly been on the ball to say the least and our forthcoming punishment at Old Trafford could well be as bad as last season. Not the best way to kick off a new season.

Guest neesy111

Theres only one post now anyway they abandoned the second post about 5 years ago.

they would send these documents via some sort of special delivery or are the spanish fa tight bastards?

Guest mikefin

I agree he should be played at CB but the rest is bollocks.

First of all, we conceded goals last season because the team was s***, not the defence. The midfielders were not protecting the back four and were creating little chances for the strikers who wasted them anyway. We need to keep the ball, create chances, and put the oppo under pressure and then we will concede less goals.

Secondly, Taylor is inexperianced but is still one of the countries best young centre halves. Faye was one of our better players last season and did very little wrong. Cacapa has alot to prove though.

However, with all that said, the defence still needed strengthened at the start of the summer and Coloccini will go some way in doing that. He must play in defence.

Team was shit, but defence is shit aswell. It's been shit so many years, that im gonna cry when thinking about it.

Taylor can't read the game. He could get better with that, but he needs experienced player besides him to learn from him.

Faye is average. Far too average to be regular starter in the team, who wants to end up top 6.

Guest neesy111

Being reported in a few places that Coloccini could finalise his transfer in the next 24 hours and be ready to play Man Utd.

so it's him that's been delaying the transfer then?

I agree he should be played at CB but the rest is bollocks.

First of all, we conceded goals last season because the team was s***, not the defence. The midfielders were not protecting the back four and were creating little chances for the strikers who wasted them anyway. We need to keep the ball, create chances, and put the oppo under pressure and then we will concede less goals.

Secondly, Taylor is inexperianced but is still one of the countries best young centre halves. Faye was one of our better players last season and did very little wrong. Cacapa has alot to prove though.

However, with all that said, the defence still needed strengthened at the start of the summer and Coloccini will go some way in doing that. He must play in defence.

Team was shit, but defence is shit aswell. It's been shit so many years, that im gonna cry when thinking about it.

Taylor can't read the game. He could get better with that, but he needs experienced player besides him to learn from him.

Faye is average. Far too average to be regular starter in the team, who wants to end up top 6.

Yes the defence had been shit for so many years and yet we still managed to end up in the top 6 fairly consistantly. As well as that you say Faye isn't good enough for a top 6 team.... Bolton?

Seems ludicrous to me to buy a player many consider to be a world class central defender and shoe horn him into defensive midfield...  Buy a f***ing defensive midfielder if you want a defensive midfielder!

Apparently he played a whole season as a defensive midfielder for Depor previously, and still plays there occassionally.

Can't wait to see how things pan out. All very confusing at the moment.

When?? Where did you hear that?

He's certainly played a number of games there, but not for a full season.

Played at DM in 2006-2007 apparently.

Yes under Joaquin Caparros; they started playing him there after having man-marked Riquelme very effectively in the position, Caparros and Coloccini in the end fell out over this role.

During last season when Depor played Barca he played left back to man-mark Messi; Coloccini will be adding alot of versatility to the back line but he won't be playing as a defensive midfielder I wouldn’t of thought. 

Being reported in a few places that Coloccini could finalise his transfer in the next 24 hours and be ready to play Man Utd.

eh? how did you get that from my post. If i had said WE finalise THE transfer, would that be better?

What i was reffering to was:

"Gutierrez's compatriot Fabricio Coloccini did not train yesterday but at least his Premier League registration is expected through before tomorrow, meaning the £9.1m defender from Deportivo La Coruña should be in line for a debut."

as well as:

"There was still be no announcement from the club regarding the £10m signing of Fabricio Coloccini from Deportivo La Coruna, even though the Argentinian central defender has been on Tyneside for nearly a week and has been training with the club.However, United tell me that there could be news on Coloccini in the next 24 hours"

Just saying something could happen in the next 24 hours but that's been said before.

The one thing I agree with. We haven't exactly been on the ball to say the least and our forthcoming punishment at Old Trafford could well be as bad as last season. Not the best way to kick off a new season.

These deals are taking their time admittedly but for all we know the delays could have nothing to do with us and have been caused by Mallorca being twats and Colo sorting his life out in Spain. Bit unfair to go slating the management without knowing what's really going on imo.

These deals are taking their time admittedly but for all we know the delays could have nothing to do with us and have been caused by Mallorca being twats and Colo sorting his life out in Spain. Bit unfair to go slating the management without knowing what's really going on imo.

Come to expect that now though.

Guest neesy111

eh? how did you get that from my post. If i had said WE finalise THE transfer, would that be better?

"Gutierrez's compatriot Fabricio Coloccini did not train yesterday but at least his Premier League registration is expected through before tomorrow, meaning the £9.1m defender from Deportivo La Coruña should be in line for a debut."

as well as:

"There was still be no announcement from the club regarding the £10m signing of Fabricio Coloccini from Deportivo La Coruna, even though the Argentinian central defender has been on Tyneside for nearly a week and has been training with the club.However, United tell me that there could be news on Coloccini in the next 24 hours"

Just saying something could happen in the next 24 hours but that's been said before.

well you said coloccini was finalising his own transfer

as well as:

Belter!

Can I sign for Newcastle too?

as well as:

As much as i wasn't meant to imply that, it could be a possibility that he's holding things up. Then effectively Colo would be finalising his transfer and that would make me correct.

as well as:

Belter!

I've seen you play.......can't you sign for Sunderland please Midds?

Seems ludicrous to me to buy a player many consider to be a world class central defender and shoe horn him into defensive midfield...  Buy a f***ing defensive midfielder if you want a defensive midfielder!

Apparently he played a whole season as a defensive midfielder for Depor previously, and still plays there occassionally.

Can't wait to see how things pan out. All very confusing at the moment.

When?? Where did you hear that?

He's certainly played a number of games there, but not for a full season.

Played at DM in 2006-2007 apparently.

Yes under Joaquin Caparros; they started playing him there after having man-marked Riquelme very effectively in the position, Caparros and Coloccini in the end fell out over this role.

During last season when Depor played Barca he played left back to man-mark Messi; Coloccini will be adding alot of versatility to the back line but he won't be playing as a defensive midfielder I wouldnt of thought.  

Cool. Well maybe it was an idea KK was thinking of if we were unable to land other targets for DM.

Personally, I think Colo and Faye could be immense at CB. If we stick with the 4-3-1-2 we could then have more of a deep playmaker in the defensive midfielder role, as Faye and Colo would be so strong at centre back. I would prefer Tiago as a deeper playmaker in the 4-3-1-2 like Pirlo does for AC Milan. Hopefully we could then get a really special attacking midfielder to play behind Oba and Owen.

Guest mikefin

Yes the defence had been s*** for so many years and yet we still managed to end up in the top 6 fairly consistantly. As well as that you say Faye isn't good enough for a top 6 team.... Bolton?

Good defence back then, and there is good possibility that we might have some titles to remember?

Guest neesy111

as well as:

As much as i wasn't meant to imply that, it could be a possibility that he's holding things up. Then effectively Colo would be finalising his transfer and that would make me correct.

i have thought this, remember he's moving from another country so it might take time to get family etc sorted

Yes the defence had been s*** for so many years and yet we still managed to end up in the top 6 fairly consistantly. As well as that you say Faye isn't good enough for a top 6 team.... Bolton?

Good defence back then, and there is good possibility that we might have some titles to remember?

Absolutley, but since when are we planning on challenging for the title this season?

as well as:

Where di you take the first sentence from about Coloccini?

From the belfast telagraph. Skirge posted it in another thread. Sorry Skirge.

as well as:

Belter!

I've seen you play.......can't you sign for Sunderland please Midds?

:lol:

Guest mikefin

Absolutley, but since when are we planning on challenging for the title this season?

Not this season, and i didn't meant that we should get rid the likes of Faye or we shouldn't play him. He was clearly our best CB before Coloccini arrived, so of course he play.

I just want that our weakest parts is gonna be fixed. Defence first, then midfield. Now we got (hopefully..) Coloccini in defence, hopefully got couple of classy midfielders too and if everything goes well, then next summer is gonna be lot easier and we might think that challenging thing again.

Not this season, and i didn't meant that we should get rid the likes of Faye or we shouldn't play him. He was clearly our best CB before Coloccini arrived, so of course he play.

I just want that our weakest parts is gonna be fixed. Defence first, then midfield. Now we got (hopefully..) Coloccini in defence, hopefully got couple of classy midfielders too and if everything goes well, then next summer is gonna be lot easier and we might think that challenging thing again.

I think the majority believe that our weakest area is BY FAR the midfield. We offer very little industry in that area of the pitch. Where as defence is almost acceptable.