Fabricio Coloccini signed from Deportivo La Coruña on 5 year deal

Cronky

Absolutley, but since when are we planning on challenging for the title this season?

Not this season, and i didn't meant that we should get rid the likes of Faye or we shouldn't play him. He was clearly our best CB before Coloccini arrived, so of course he play.

I just want that our weakest parts is gonna be fixed. Defence first, then midfield. Now we got (hopefully..) Coloccini in defence, hopefully got couple of classy midfielders too and if everything goes well, then next summer is gonna be lot easier and we might think that challenging thing again.

I think the majority believe that our weakest area is BY FAR the midfield. We offer very little industry in that area of the pitch. Where as defence is almost acceptable.

It was acceptable in the 80's.  Not now.

I don't think its true, to be clear its the idea that we'd do such a thing that's ludicrous.

by 'do such a thing' do you mean play him in midfield?

By do such a thing I mean buy a class defender (which we need to begin with) to play in midfield yes.

i see, but if it worked, and the team were better for it, would that be so bad? thats all i'm asking.

I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't play him against Man U.  And her is why.

1.  He wont have even trained with the lads for a week and common understanding is the most important aspect in defence, he wont know their names let alone their playing styles.

2.  He's moving from La Liga to the EPL which is a much faster league, and Man U are in my opinion the fastest team in the league (I'm not talking about just fast running I'm talking about speed of thought and passing).  They counter attack at a blistering pace at times, this is daunghting for any defender let alone one brand new to the league.

3.  I feel a raping coming on in which the defenders may well end up with quite a lot of egg on their face, do we really want to do this to our 'most expensive defender ever'.  The pressure he will be feeling wont be eased after he's been on the wrong end of a Man U spanking.  He needs a bit more easing in than this.

So if I was the manager I'd not start Coloccini, shove Smith up front, take down my trousers and take the imminent Man U bumming like a man.

I'd agree with that. Bolton is a much better match to settle him in the team.

And I don't think Keegan will play him against Man Utd even if he's available. Maybe 5mins in the end or something.

On the other hand we'll look pretty stupid if Man U have an off day and nick a one goal win because Taylor drops a clanger to gift them their winner.

If he's fit he should play, nobody's gonna hold a bad performance at Man U against him (well some people will, but they'll be mongs).

I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't play him against Man U.  And her is why.

1.  He wont have even trained with the lads for a week and common understanding is the most important aspect in defence, he wont know their names let alone their playing styles.

2.  He's moving from La Liga to the EPL which is a much faster league, and Man U are in my opinion the fastest team in the league (I'm not talking about just fast running I'm talking about speed of thought and passing).  They counter attack at a blistering pace at times, this is daunghting for any defender let alone one brand new to the league.

3.  I feel a raping coming on in which the defenders may well end up with quite a lot of egg on their face, do we really want to do this to our 'most expensive defender ever'.  The pressure he will be feeling wont be eased after he's been on the wrong end of a Man U spanking.  He needs a bit more easing in than this.

So if I was the manager I'd not start Coloccini, shove Smith up front, take down my trousers and take the imminent Man U bumming like a man.

I know he wasn't at the open training, but I was under the impression that Keegan said he had been training with us. I would imagine that he will be playing in this behind closed doors game today as well.

Bottom line, if he's available and he's as good as we seem to think he is, I would be disappointed if he wasn't played on Sunday.

I know he wasn't at the open training, but I was under the impression that Keegan said he had been training with us. I would imagine that he will be playing in this behind closed doors game today as well.

Bottom line, if he's available and he's as good as we seem to think he is, I would be disappointed if he wasn't played on Sunday.

Lets ease him in I say. we dont need another Boumsong with zero confidence. Boumsong had more problems than just confidence but you know what I mean.

On the other hand we'll look pretty stupid if Man U have an off day and nick a one goal win because Taylor drops a clanger to gift them their winner.

If he's fit he should play, nobody's gonna hold a bad performance at Man U against him (well some people will, but they'll be mongs).

I'm not really think of the fans I'm thinking in his own mind.  I think he will have a lot of fan backing even if he struggles for even the first six months of his time here.  The one thing that pisses me off about the media is this cliche they drag up every year about newcastle fans wanting attacking football, therefore strikers and skillful/mercurial midfielders.  Being a Newcaslte fan and as such knowing lots I'd say the one thing the fans have wanted since we sold Woody was an outstanding central defender.  In Coloccini a lot of fans see this player finally becoming a reality, therefore I think he wont want for support.

Just starting my day. No change in the title but people talking as if he's officially signed. Has there been any progress ? All I could find when trawling back was a debate on whether he should be a CB or DM.

Just starting my day. No change in the title but people talking as if he's officially signed. Has there been any progress ? All I could find when trawling back was a debate on whether he should be a CB or DM.

Fabio to replace Fabricio Coloccini as stunt double against Man U

that is all

Here's an interesting little bit of info for you:

On the Official Club Shop website, you can order a shirt, and when you click to personalise it, it gives you the option of having various names on it, one of which is NUMBER 2 - COLOCCINI. http://shop.nufc.co.uk/Index.pasp

Now if that isn't confirmation, I don't know what is.

I think it's obvious now that he has signed but we are maybe waiting for his registration, and due to the wrangle of the Jonas transfer we've decided not to announce it until the registration has been received.

Well spotted.

On the Official Club Shop website, you can order a shirt, and when you click to personalise it, it gives you the option of having various names on it, one of which is NUMBER 2 - COLOCCINI. http://shop.nufc.co.uk/Index.pasp

I think it's obvious now that he has signed but we are maybe waiting for his registration, and due to the wrangle of the Jonas transfer we've decided not to announce it until the registration has been received.

Bassong 12

Guthrie 8

Guti 18

Very nice Finding it is great to find out the deal is signed they just need some climax momment to announce it to us. May be after Sunday defeat to cheer us up?

Bassong has 12? Isn't 12 Harpers number?

Unlucky, pal.

Nah he changed to 13 last season I think.

Bassong has 12? Isn't 12 Harpers number?

Unlucky, pal.

Nah he changed to 13 last season I think.

Harper is down as 13.

Cheers  :lol: